It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont believe you American guys anymore

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant
reply to post by Drezden

If the UK or Japanese candidates are good, why would they not been chosen in that country? Are you saying now that most of the people in Japan and UK are racists and will never elect a "black" person who is "Muslim" ?

It's just a retarded thing to say "look at my country, we accomplished all that a minority has been chosen as a president, look how good and multicultural, openminded and caring we are" and then you guys are all suspicious talking behind his back about his birth certificate. Even saying that "no other country in the world would elect a black man or a muslim" is extremely retarded to say.

You've got coloroud politicians in the UK, Belgium France, Netherlands, Germany and so on, so don't talk like a retard.

edit on 28-4-2011 by notimportant because: (no reason given)

If you think Japan would elect a black muslim who was the most qualified and best choice for Japan. Then your ignorance is beyond the point of reasoning with.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers

Originally posted by Drezden

Why do you dance around the question, is it because you realize how silly you look now? It's not about electing someone out of pity.. you really think that a black muslim should only be elected out of pity? wow..

Obama was elected because the majority of the U.S. thought he would be the best choice to lead our country. Do you think Japan would elect someone like Obama, even if he was the most qualified? What about the UK?

What are you suggesting? That the democracy in the UK wouldn't allow for a 'black muslim' to be elected?

What exactly is a 'Someone like Obama'?

Just asking

Someone like Obama is someone of African descent with Muslim roots. Someone like the OP is someone from the Netherlands. Someone like me is a person from the U.S.

Why are you using distracting manipulation of meaning?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Why do you dance around the question, is it because you realize how silly you look now? It's not about electing someone out of pity.. you really think that a black muslim should only be elected out of pity? wow..

Obama was elected because the majority of the U.S. thought he would be the best choice to lead our country. Do you think Japan would elect someone like Obama, even if he was the most qualified? What about the UK?

What are you suggesting? That the democracy in the UK wouldn't allow for a 'black muslim' to be elected?

What exactly is a 'Someone like Obama'?

Just asking

Someone like Obama is someone of African descent with Muslim roots. Someone like the OP is someone from the Netherlands. Someone like me is a person from the U.S.

Why are you using distracting manipulation of meaning?

I am? I think it's confusing to say 'someone like Obama' when your point seems to be that being black and a muslim isn't a big deal for you, yet you mention it all the time.

Besides that, Japan is a unitary parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy. I have been to Japan a number of times and to be honest I haven't seen alot of 'black muslims'.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

What exactly is a 'Someone like Obama'?A well spoken well dressed half black with questionable credentials who has never gone on record as standing for single topic in his life,one who hides his and his wifes college records and writings and his religious/social beliefs as if he/they have something to hide/be ashamed of...that someone...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Aha, well that sounds like 'someone' to defend at any cost.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You've got coloroud politicians in the UK, Belgium France, Netherlands, Germany and so on, so don't talk like a retard.

So when exactly did the Netherlands have a colored person as Prime Minister? How many colored people in the different cabinets? One (Aboutaleb comes to mind)? Two? Last colored cabinet member in Belgium? In Germany? France? Most Europeans are a lot more racist than they would like to admit. Which is why second and third-generation children of immigrants still have extreme difficulties in finding decent jobs.

I'll share an anecdote with you: some time ago, a friend of mine was applying for a new job. She is of Maroccan and Algerian descent, but went to school in Belgium, speaks Dutch perfectly and worked at her last jobs for twelve years. The first couple of weeks, she didn't get a single reply to her applications, even though she has good credentials. So she decided to post her resume online with a fake (Dutch-sounding) name. Two days later she was invited to 8 different interviews.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

Some people seem to think so at any rate

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by notimportant
[moreI am really sick of being called a racist because I disagree with the President's decsions, every race there is, is racist. When left with their own decisions, every time, all races perfer their own race. The biggest day of the split of races are Sunday. Every Sunday morning, all people are with their own people. Not just whites, but black and asian's. Check out the most spilt races are in prison's. All people there and splits with their own race. You said americans. What country do you belong to. Don't make sweeping judgements on people you don't know. Come walk a mile in my shoes.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 1truthseeker50

"You said americans. What country do you belong to"..Its from the same race of people who gave S Africa aparthied a few years ago...reember them?..they were the most hated people on Earth but the PEOPLE got their act together and are now thanking their former masters with fire and steel...and HE sits on his keyboard and badmouths America...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve_montana

So when exactly did the Netherlands have a colored person as Prime Minister? How many colored people in the different cabinets? One (Aboutaleb comes to mind)? Two? Last colored cabinet member in Belgium? In Germany? France? Most Europeans are a lot more racist than they would like to admit. Which is why second and third-generation children of immigrants still have extreme difficulties in finding decent jobs.

I'll share an anecdote with you: some time ago, a friend of mine was applying for a new job. She is of Maroccan and Algerian descent, but went to school in Belgium, speaks Dutch perfectly and worked at her last jobs for twelve years. The first couple of weeks, she didn't get a single reply to her applications, even though she has good credentials. So she decided to post her resume online with a fake (Dutch-sounding) name. Two days later she was invited to 8 different interviews.

The Dutch Cabinet is formed by members of different parties. Every party has multiple members and all can be elected to be in the cabinet, if the party gets a chance to be IN the cabinet (by voting for them).

You are correct that there aren't colored people in the currect cabinet (the ministers) but there are plenty in the Second Chamber (that's where the choses parties reside in). It's a democratic system where you vote for a specific person from a party. There will be colored persons in the cabinet soon enough.

Here, have a look at who's in the second chamber now link. You'll know who when you see the names, don't worry. All of them can become ministers when people vote for them.

As for the little anecdote: thanks. Nice story, have read something like that many many times. It's all bs and you bought it. Did your friend also mention the problems the second and third generation cause? No? Thought so.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

As for the little anecdote: thanks. Nice story, have read something like that many many times. It's all bs and you bought it. Did your friend also mention the problems the second and third generation cause? No? Thought so.

My friend doesn't have to tell me what problems some of the second and third generation cause, I live in a metropolitan area in Belgium and grew up in one of the toughest parts of town. As for her story: no BS. She even showed me the online profiles.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
Furthermore America has set the standard and led the way for mixed culture society for the past hundred years.

100 years? Really.... Hmmmmm

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve_montana

My friend doesn't have to tell me what problems some of the second and third generation cause, I live in a metropolitan area in Belgium and grew up in one of the toughest parts of town. As for her story: no BS. She even showed me the online profiles.

Nice to see you concentrate on the off-topic part of my answer only. You grew up in a metro part of Belgium, which would be something similar to Antwerp or Brussels, correct? Then you yourself should be very aware of the problems caused by Turks and Moroccans in those metro parts and yet you feel the need to only make a comment about your friend not being hired.

This is not about positive or negative discrimination.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

"Mentioning someone is black and muslim all the time"

- Did you miss the part of this thread that was about Obama? If someone is going to say it's ignorant or racist, or redneckish to put any stock in a conspiracy about Obama's birth certificate possibly being fake (on a conspiracy website) .. then yes.. I will point out Obamas ethnic and religious background because it contradicts the generalization and blanket statements of this thread.

Blatant racism is not found nearly as often in Japan as it is in the U.S. and some parts of Europe.

Japanese people are very tactful and courteous as a whole, but because their society isn't very mixed ethnically.. xenophobia, and subtle discrimination is quite prevalent. The kind that would not be comfortable electing someone who has no Japanese ethnicity in them. If someone was born and raised in Japan, and spoke Japanese perfectly with no hint of an accent, but they were Caucasian, African, or Hispanic.. they would be unelectable, even if they were the most qualified and represented Japanese values/wishes the most.
edit on 4/29/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Japanese are some of the most racist people on Earth...and obama was made president simply because it was deemed time that a darkie get that postion and one was found that was smooth enough to get some cross-over votes....he isnt qualified,hes never DONE anything and never will be productive henceforth because he and his were promised they would be taken care of if he stepped up....he just blundering along trying to hold it together long enough so he can escape gracefully...thats the cold hard facts of life in America right now

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join