It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont believe you American guys anymore

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by notimportant

wow and with all that, you have plenty of time to waste on ATS?

I'm impressed.....

what did you say you do again?

I'm not much on this forum, sometimes in my spare time.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
In 1860 we went to war with each other to free people in bondage . That's while your King was still slave trading and looting Africa . Check the dates on the Civil Rights Act , the Voting Rights Act and the first Affermitive Action legislation . All designed for minorities , mainly blacks . In many colleges and universities a black applicant will be accepted before a white student applicant . In many work places a black applicant will be hired before a white applicant . Professional promotions often go to a black before a white . Black contractors often get the government contracts before white contractors . This is all while you smug Europeans have done nothing except falsely believe that you're superior to us in every way . I acknowledge that you have a right to an opinion even if you are ignorant . Your royal family is still sitting on billions of looted , exploited , stolen money from your former empire of slavery and genocide in Africa . You're not only ignorant of the facts but the facts are readily available and that makes you a fool as well . Did your people throw a civil war where 20% of the male population was killed to free slaves that your king was trading ? No they didn't . You're a punk azz with a modem and you know nothing about us . I get sick of the Euro trash bashing us . When is the last time you saw one of us start a thread bashing any country in Europe or all of the citizens of that country ? You owe an apology , you have the modem , now will you man up ? I doubt it . A 17 year old punk azz sitting in your mothers basement . It wasn't American colonialists who took all of Africa , the middle east and the far east to rob them of their natural resources , loot them and murder them by the millions . That was happening while we were fighting to free slaves .

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Oh wait, I guess it is called in proper English a "Police record" ?? Excuse me for that

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I kind of agree with the OP to a certain extent and it's not just limited to the forums, it's everywhere. I was just reading the Superman thread about how he has renounced his American citizenship in the comics and in the most recent movie they also dropped "The American Way" because the American way is no longer something people around the world believe in.
It's not just limited to these forums because I have seen the American arrogance everywhere from TV, Movies, playing online on Xbox Live, PSN.. everywhere. Americans are now perceived as arrogant and it saddens me.
I have been a Superman fan since I was a child and I believed in America back then because they believed in Truth, Justice and Liberty. It was a place of opportunity, mixed cultures being accepted for who they are but unfortunately somewhere along the way America lost their humility.
Prime example is Xbox Live, I enjoy playing people from around the world and have hundreds of people on my profile that I have had great conversations and games with and you know what I have very few Americans. 99% of the time they think they are amazing and love to belittle everyone who is not American as if it's fun. It's the whole we are just better than everyone and these are the people giving America a bad name.
Now don't get me wrong I have friends living in America and have visited several times and I have found most of the people in person are very polite, humble and absolute top people, but these people are now sitting in the shadows while the arrogant America are the main voice.

So why can't the people standing in the shadows stand up and be heard, because the perception of America has gone to the dogs and I don't know if it will ever come back. I want to believe in you guys again because like Superman you gave people hope of a better world.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bandito

He is heir to the tradition that spawned the "Cawnpore Well" incident,just to name one

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Damn us Americans and our non freeloader ways

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bandito
In 1860 we went to war with each other to free people in bondage . That's while your King was still slave trading and looting Africa . Check the dates on the Civil Rights Act , the Voting Rights Act and the first Affermitive Action legislation . All designed for minorities , mainly blacks . In many colleges and universities a black applicant will be accepted before a white student applicant . In many work places a black applicant will be hired before a white applicant . Professional promotions often go to a black before a white . Black contractors often get the government contracts before white contractors . This is all while you smug Europeans have done nothing except falsely believe that you're superior to us in every way . I acknowledge that you have a right to an opinion even if you are ignorant . Your royal family is still sitting on billions of looted , exploited , stolen money from your former empire of slavery and genocide in Africa . You're not only ignorant of the facts but the facts are readily available and that makes you a fool as well . Did your people throw a civil war where 20% of the male population was killed to free slaves that your king was trading ? No they didn't . You're a punk azz with a modem and you know nothing about us . I get sick of the Euro trash bashing us . When is the last time you saw one of us start a thread bashing any country in Europe or all of the citizens of that country ? You owe an apology , you have the modem , now will you man up ? I doubt it . A 17 year old punk azz sitting in your mothers basement . It wasn't American colonialists who took all of Africa , the middle east and the far east to rob them of their natural resources , loot them and murder them by the millions . That was happening while we were fighting to free slaves .

Haha funniest read in this topic, well I can sum up some thing about your country to, all the wars, slavery (north and south), harder punishment in court for coloroud people, Indians (the original Americans) who are put in reservates. And besides, it is impossible for a 17 year old basement dweller to obtain 2 diplomas.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bandito
You're a punk azz with a modem and you know nothing about us . I get sick of the Euro trash bashing us . When is the last time you saw one of us start a thread bashing any country in Europe or all of the citizens of that country ? You owe an apology , you have the modem , now will you man up ? I doubt it . A 17 year old punk azz sitting in your mothers basement . It wasn't American colonialists who took all of Africa , the middle east and the far east to rob them of their natural resources , loot them and murder them by the millions . That was happening while we were fighting to free slaves .

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0

Damn us Americans and our non freeloader ways

See now this is exactly the type of problem I am talking about. You get so emotionally charged over anything bad being said about America that your humility gets thrown right out the window.
Perhaps this is part of the problem, Americans are sooo patriotic it's like a badge that needs to be worn at every slight being made. Take a step back man and listen to yourself. I would also add that the reason why there's very little threads being made about anything outside of American is because you are all so insular and have no concern about anything outside of your borders because there's no need, America's the greatest place in the world isn't it?

I'm not bashing you by the way just showing how you are all perceived.
edit on 28-4-2011 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Just accept the fact that you have NO IDEA about the United States, you are biased and full of hate and pride.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
as for the (as you call them"indians")((Native Americans)) what is the original race/tribe of your birthland and who lives there now?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

The thing (or problem) is so obvious and undeniable that seeing Americans in anger and denial is just 100% pure fun for me.

How in the world is it possible that "the greatest and best country in the world" has so much drug addicts, gangwars, high crime rates, misjudged people in court, people in debt, jobless people, homeless people and on and on and on.

Americans should come out of denial, and start accepting that they aren ot so great as they say, they are just really small, afraid and bigmouthed.

edit on 28-4-2011 by notimportant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

So, you are a foreigner looking in and criticizing the American population?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Have you been to America and not just basing it on what you read see and hear online, TV or otherwise?
The reason I ask is because I have been to the U.S on numerous occasions and I have found most of the people I met are open, friendly, generous and kind people. It's just that the vocal minority and the actions of their governments have sullied the true American persona.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I disagree with something in your post . America is no longer the country that people around the world believe in . At our embassies around the world , by hard copy and online application , 28 million people from around the world apply every year to come here , and that doesn't include the millions of illegals who will break in . They'll come on inner tubes , on rafts , in boats , in cattle cars , on trains , millions have risked death just to get here . That isn't happening in France or Italy or England or Russia or North Korea or China , or anywhere except here . Why . Do you know that at our embassy in England 3,000 to 5,000 people apply every week for a work visa in America ?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Yes we do defend ourselves is that wrong? We like to work hard and earn our accomplishments not have them freely handed out by he government I guess thats wrong too. Basically it always boils down to the Americans are wrong for having there own society. We have our ways and you have yours the difference is in America we dont go around all day griping about people in other countries.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

So, you are a foreigner looking in and criticizing the American population?

For a part only, if you are living a hard or poor life you can choose to make the best of it. You can choose to do with less or "simply said "going to use drugs, steal or other criminal things. I would choose to do and buy less then. But most people can't deal with their misery and start doing criminal things because they simple don;t know it anymore.

Porbably the most social problems are caused by the government, but you can't blame them all the way, it is 50/50, the government and people must do both their best to make the best !

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Well I'm glad Im not living there, I've done my best in school and I've got certain good degrees, also I've got 2 diplomas, one in business & economics and one in graphic design. I've got no debt or whatsoever, no punishment leaf, I'm not addicted to crack or meth, I've got a job which pays fairly good and If I really want I've got a new job rather fast. Also I've had a great musicial career, where I learned a lot from, something which is almost impossible in the USA because people only dig crappy music over there

If I would life in the USA I would probably have no education, tons of debt, no job which will result in a drug addiction and several police arrestments.

All that and you still have no clue.... look... I'm sure it's all fine and dandy in your well insulated, minuscule world but you don't have an inkling of an understanding what it's really like to live here. As far as your hatred for Americans is concerned... we don't care...

BTW- If you don't believe that this is the place the rest of the world wants to be, just check the numbers.... between the years of 2000 and 2005, 35 million people immigrated here.... legally and illegally...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 4Starlight2Decay0

haha you are in denyal, so you won't call those wars in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan "gripping on people in other country's "?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Is that yes, or no?
I am not clear on your answer.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

What a coincidence, whe have a lot of immigrants here to, illegal and legal, even more than our small country can hold

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join