It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In lak'ech: Beyond Namasté

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hi everyone...

I've been noticing a lot of users around here, usually ones that seem to be centered in love rather then fear, tend to finish their posts by saying "Namasté": the traditional East-Indian greeting/farewell that means something along the lines of "The Spirit in me respects the Spirit in You".

I think it is a great way to finish off any posts, and to those who are looking for such a salutation to provide in their posts, or even in their every day lives, I offer you than Mayan salutation: In lak'ech

In lak'ech loosely means I am another yourself, but in the Mayan cultural context, it means a lot more. Just like Namasté, it means you recognize the spiritual unity we all share; but it goes further in that you acknowledge that we are all the same: we are all one- not just us humans, but all of creation as well.

Here is a snippet from an inspirational description of In lak'ech:

When one lives the Mayan code of In Lak'ech, we understand that everything we do in this dimension effects all life and spirit in the cosmos, either in a positive or negative way, depending on our actions and motivations. As Mayan Elder, Hunbatz Men teaches, we can say In Lak'ech to each other, In Lak'ech to the trees, In Lak'ech to the sky, In Lak'ech to the birds, In Lak'ech to the stars and so on. This action of In Lak'ech is honoring and acknowledging our intimate connection and unity with all life. When we live the code of In Lak'ech we send essential energy filled with love and respect to other life forms. Solely focusing on the avoidance of causing harm is a neutral action. One is not harmed, but none benefits from the connection either. When we practice In Lak'ech, we are producing and sending positive and vital energy to all other forms of life. When we practice In Lak'ech we quit being neutral and take action in a positive way by adding to the positive experience of being connected with all life. When we practice In Lak'ech with a tree, the tree benefits from the interaction. Remember when you give your energy to any other life form you are also giving to yourself! You do not give your energy away to something separate from yourself. You are giving to another part of yourself!

www.kachina.net...

So with that,

In lak'ech

Monts

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
First time I heard this was from Max Igan at crowhouse.com.
It sits very well with me. My intuition is most comfortable with the concept.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I like it a lot.. thank you for bringing this to my awareness!

Nama... erm... In lak'ech!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
But with "Namaste" one can play around with the letters...

Namaste, Me Satan, Satan Me.... Hehehe

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Falcifer
But with "Namaste" one can play around with the letters...

Namaste, Me Satan, Satan Me.... Hehehe

lolz! btother

anyway... both are nice.

OP: Namasté my friend

edit on 29-4-2011 by zaper because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I just stick with.....
......Peace out, brother.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Haha I think are great greetings-

But I must say that In lak'ech being Mayan gets an extra gold star on my chart

top topics

join