It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions needed about demonic forces regarding my son who is only 7.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You people are f****ed up beyond belief. It boggles the mind.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jubes

I'd.. suggest to take your daughter to another psychiatrist for a second opinion. Hearing voices isn't a diagnostic factor of BiPolar disorder at all. It points to a couple other disorders but if you find out what that is when she's young, it'll be much better for her in the long run. My advice is when you take her for a second opinion, have the new doctor start fresh. Insist he have no previous input on the situation and diagnose her as a new patient. You want a fresh set of eyes on the case and you can't afford to let something like this slip just because it might be considered offensive to her primary psychiatrist.

I'm not saying she doesn't have BiPolar. I'm saying that often things like that don't come alone. Some advice.. be cautious about the medications the doctor prescribes for her, especially if he just happens to have an armload of samples he comes out with. It's the nature of the beast for Psychiatrists to get cozy with Drug Reps. The Psychiatrist isn't per se evil or corrupted for doing this. He gets obscene amounts of samples to help patients who can't always afford medication, he stays on the good side of the pharmaceutical company, gets supplementary income for his practice and access to literature on cutting edge medicine.

There's a whole new wave of anti-depressants and mood stabilizers out there right now. It sounds like your daughter may require an anti-psychotic through her teenage years but I advise not to do it unless she becomes a danger to herself. They're very dangerous drugs and can wreak havoc on a growing nervous system. Only use them if you think she may do more harm to herself without them than the drugs would do to her in the long term.

Last bit of advice.. you're the consumer. She's the patient. Make darn well sure you get your money's worth. She's your little girl and you'll never get another one just like her. Don't let the doctor tell you what needs to be done. Ask him what needs to be done. You make the final call. It's her life in the balance, her happiness. Not his. Not his child's. There's.. a lot of truly mentally damaged people that get into the line of work a doctor does. Control freaks, superiority complexes.. it's pretty nasty. Especially when they feel they don't need help because they're a doctor. They're still people. Still flawed, still vulnerable. Take advice with a wary eye, always, ALWAYS read the full little pamphlet that comes with her medications from A-Z and be on the lookout for side effects, especially the listed dangerous ones.

You'll make it through this. It's gonna be hard, I can promise you.. but you seem to be a good person and you have a level head. I wish I'd hear about more parents like you.. I'd be a bit happier for the world.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fatgoblin

Child's safety is the topic of the thread and this is what you choose to post in it. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't fire bazookas.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pastamancer
reply to post by Jubes

I'd.. suggest to take your daughter to another psychiatrist for a second opinion.

Some advice.. be cautious about the medications the doctor prescribes for her, especially if he just happens to have an armload of samples he comes out with. It's the nature of the beast for Psychiatrists to get cozy with Drug Reps. The Psychiatrist isn't per se evil or corrupted for doing this. He gets obscene amounts of samples to help patients who can't always afford medication, he stays on the good side of the pharmaceutical company, gets supplementary income for his practice and access to literature on cutting edge medicine.
There's a whole new wave of anti-depressants and mood stabilizers out there right now. It sounds like your daughter may require an anti-psychotic through her teenage years but I advise not to do it unless she becomes a danger to herself. They're very dangerous drugs and can wreak havoc on a growing nervous system. Only use them if you think she may do more harm to herself without them than the drugs would do to her in the long term.
Last bit of advice.. you're the consumer. She's the patient. Make darn well sure you get your money's worth. She's your little girl and you'll never get another one just like her. Don't let the doctor tell you what needs to be done. Ask him what needs to be done. You make the final call. It's her life in the balance, her happiness. Not his. Not his child's. There's.. a lot of truly mentally damaged people that get into the line of work a doctor does. Control freaks, superiority complexes.. it's pretty nasty. Especially when they feel they don't need help because they're a doctor. They're still people. Still flawed, still vulnerable. Take advice with a wary eye, always, ALWAYS read the full little pamphlet that comes with her medications from A-Z and be on the lookout for side effects, especially the listed dangerous ones.

I chopped up the post a bit to appease the mods on quoting blocks of text lol

What you said there is so true based on the experiences ive had. I live in Canada where free health care is a wonderful application, but it has its problems. Just because its free doesnt mean im going to just sit here and accept the first diagnosis, out of the first mouth. Or sit by if i dont agree with the treatment cause "hey at least its free". Now if you pay for insurances for medical treatment, then you have even more right to dictate your medical treatment. Second opinions should always be found, no matter how many diplomas hang on that wall. Corruption exists everywhere theres money involved (hippocratic oaths or not), as in the above example of drug companies making doctors who promote them happy. But its not every doctors whim to just make money and harm their patients. Their are doctors out their who actually treat their PhD as their life's continuing work, not just a salary. If medicine is pushed as an easy solution for an unknown problem, its of course lazy and un ethical of the doctors. But in the cases of any brain disorders, they are complicated to diagnose properly, as well as difficult to treat. Some are just ones made by the person themselves because of traumas and such in their lives, others are because of just a simple imbalance of chemicals that we naturally produce in our brains. Therapists find and treat the traumatic memories, but medicine wont do it. On the other hand a therapist cant physically rewire or fix a problem with the brain, therefore medicines are made to help treat the symptoms and live with the problem more effectively. They arent designed to CURE and alot of people misconstrue cure for treat.

Im surprised the thread is still going honestly. lol

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mch1247

in the uk, crosses are in many shops, nfsh was set up by harry edwards to attempt to make healing more accepted. it is reputable, google it, they have a web site. their training and ethos is good.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by topherman420

reply to post by Jubes

I'd.. suggest to take your daughter to another psychiatrist for a second opinion.

Some advice.. be cautious about the medications the doctor prescribes for her, especially if he just happens to have an armload of samples he comes out with. It's the nature of the beast for Psychiatrists to get cozy with Drug Reps. The Psychiatrist isn't per se evil or corrupted for doing this. He gets obscene amounts of samples to help patients who can't always afford medication, he stays on the good side of the pharmaceutical company, gets supplementary income for his practice and access to literature on cutting edge medicine.

I chopped up the post a bit to appease the mods on quoting blocks of text lol

What you said there is so true based on the experiences ive had. I live in Canada where free health care is a wonderful application, but it has its problems. Just because its free doesnt mean im going to just sit here and accept the first diagnosis, out of the first mouth. Or sit by if i dont agree with the treatment cause "hey at least its free". Now if you pay for insurances for medical treatment, then you have even more right to dictate your medical treatment. Second opinions should always be found, no matter how many diplomas hang on that wall. Corruption exists everywhere theres money involved (hippocratic oaths or not), as in the above example of drug companies making doctors who promote them happy. But its not every doctors whim to just make money and harm their patients. Their are doctors out their who actually treat their PhD as their life's continuing work, not just a salary. If medicine is pushed as an easy solution for an unknown problem, its of course lazy and un ethical of the doctors. But in the cases of any brain disorders, they are complicated to diagnose properly, as well as difficult to treat. Some are just ones made by the person themselves because of traumas and such in their lives, others are because of just a simple imbalance of chemicals that we naturally produce in our brains. Therapists find and treat the traumatic memories, but medicine wont do it. On the other hand a therapist cant physically rewire or fix a problem with the brain, therefore medicines are made to help treat the symptoms and live with the problem more effectively. They arent designed to CURE and alot of people misconstrue cure for treat.

Im surprised the thread is still going honestly. lol

Been there, done that.... she's 14 now, just started showing the bi-polar before Christmas, she went into a full blown manic episode that required hospitalization. She did see another physc who told me that there's nothing wrong with her it's just anxiety?!?!?! YEA cuz anxiety causes her to chase other children barefoot thru the hallways at school, anxiety causes her to talk to voices? Anxiety causes her to hit me? Since we did a total med change things have slowly been getting better, we have just recently added a very low dose of haloperidol to see if that keeps her from rapid cycles. Sadly the thing with meds for any physc disorder it is all hit and miss. Some work for some people not all meds work the same for everyone.I'm very happy with the Dr. she has now as she is the type that will listen to the parents and answer questions and if something is not working she has no problems exploring other options/diagnosis. I went thru lots of Dr.s before I found one that actually LISTENED to me and didn't tell me " well it's your parenting" . There is a ton more to my daughters story than I posted here I was just hoping the OP of the thread would look beyond the "normal" batch of tests done and explore other not so popular medical ideas. Cat's and MRI's are great but they don't show things like P.A.N.D.A.S. or lead poisoning, things that are not typically tested unless you have an alert Dr. such as the one my kids have.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jubes

I feel obliged to take another crack at this, due to the importance of it and that I have a soft spot for kids.

Diagnostic criteria are vital to determining a mental disorder. It's not good enough to leave off at "Well she has BiPolar and that explains most of it.. she hears voices but we're just going to chalk that one up to crazy." Auditory Hallucinations are nowhere near the diagnostic criteria for BiPolar disorder. The Manic episodes sound like they're reaching their typical hormone fuelled wildfire point and the halodol is sometimes a regretfully necessary course of action.

The psychosis that sometimes is a sequellae of BiPolar often has more to do with the mind unable to cope with loss of control and the turbulent and unyeilding pressures within and without and it's.. really similar to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Violent outbursts, anxiety, fits of paranoia.. but I should really, REALLY point out here that the auditory hallucinations.. hearing and talking to things that aren't there.. that has nothing to do with BiPolar and really merits a serious look as to an accompanying condition.

I don't know enough to make even a hypothesis because there's more than one thing that can cause it and none of them are pleasant. If it's dug out soon and treatment is started she'll be much better off than letting this lay dormant and playing the thorozine shuffle with her until they find the right medications to treat the bipolar that also just happen to make the auditory hallucinations go away.

My first instincts.. I'm going to name off a couple medications and if she hasn't tried them ask your doctor about them. They have fairly innocuous side effects and they belong to the newer wave of treatments. She may be hesitant at first, but have her look up the literature on them.

The first is Geodon. The main side effects are sensitivity to heat and light, nausea and fatigue. These lessen over time. At first the symptoms can be pretty substantial. She'll need a dark, cool place to sleep and may need some pills for nausea at first. Alltogether said it's one of the few medications I've seen that doesn't have a really nasty toll on the body over a long period of time.

The second is Celexa.. it has a generic form.. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head but its side effects are pretty much in the vein of nausea and slight aggitation and I believe weight loss, which is a far cry better than some of the weight gain from monsterous drugs like Lithium, Zoloft or Depakote. If she's on any of those three, cease that medication right away. You have no idea how much long term damage those will do to her. I don't care how comfy the doctor is with prescribing them and how well the treatment works. You'll regret it if she continues on them.. and she'll bear the worst of it.

Other medications I'd warn you off of are Risperadol (Though sometimes the lesser of two evils.. this is the nuclear weapon of antipsychotics, Do not allow her to take this lightly.) and .. hm.. Cymbalta. I believe that's how it's spelled. There's survivor groups for that drug. It's horribly addictive and has all kind of nasty side effects. It's an experimental tricyclic antidepressant and I realy think there should have been more testing on it until they put it in the wild.

en.wikipedia.org...

Read that and get down to the part about differential diagnosis. These things like to hide in the noise. I can't emphasize enough that you need to make an issue of the auditory hallucinations and insist it be examined as a possible accompanying disorder.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ampar84

Certainly the upcoming appointment you have with a pediatric neurologist is a very important step.

I would also ask you to consider an option - only if continued medical testing and treatment is unsuccessful - that your son is sensitive to, and picking up on, subtler energies that the majority population is able to - in other words, maybe your son is reacting to spiritual energy WITHOUT immediately assuming that it must be a "negative entity" like a demon. Many children are more energetically attuned to the "other side," "higher dimension" or whatever label you are comfortable with. Many of these children react with fear that can manifest physically, mentally and/or emotionally. In fact, I have seen cases where the child is convinced it is a "bad" thing - especially around our current cultural views - and reacts in a similar manner, only to discover later that the energetic being that they are picking up on is a loving and helpful guide or loved one.

I am a Catholic-raised, single mom who raised three boys on my own and I imagine that this situation must be very disconcerting for you. Many religious folk believe that any "spiritual" contact must be demonic because of certain Bible passages. Please try to be diligent in looking at other possibilities if the medical tests, diagnostics, and consults don't yield satisfactory answers AND results.

I would be very interested in what your child says to describes these experiences. If you desire to follow up on these ideas, there are professionals, with your child's best interest in mind, who can objectively work with you and your son to determine if he is exhibiting signs that may point to spiritual sensitivity. AND some of these same professionals can help both of you with tools and techniques to cope much better HOWEVER - please be extra, extra cautious if and when you seek such help as the shucksters and rip off artists are in great abundance.

As a last note, there is another avenue for potential help - there are a few very, very talented medical intuitives out there - who may be able to assist. I strongly recommend that you consider these possibilities even though they may seem "out there" to you. They would have been ridiculous to me back when I was raising my boys. But I know that when it comes to helping our children we will leave no stone unturned - so please consider these options if needed for both of your sakes.

Let us know how things go - and best of luck! If you need any follow-up information, or have questions, just ask.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Open2Truth because: grammar error

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Jubes

I feel obliged to take another crack at this, due to the importance of it and that I have a soft spot for kids.

Diagnostic criteria are vital to determining a mental disorder. It's not good enough to leave off at "Well she has BiPolar and that explains most of it.. she hears voices but we're just going to chalk that one up to crazy." Auditory Hallucinations are nowhere near the diagnostic criteria for BiPolar disorder. The Manic episodes sound like they're reaching their typical hormone fuelled wildfire point and the halodol is sometimes a regretfully necessary course of action.

The psychosis that sometimes is a sequellae of BiPolar often has more to do with the mind unable to cope with loss of control and the turbulent and unyeilding pressures within and without and it's.. really similar to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Violent outbursts, anxiety, fits of paranoia.. but I should really, REALLY point out here that the auditory hallucinations.. hearing and talking to things that aren't there.. that has nothing to do with BiPolar and really merits a serious look as to an accompanying condition.

I don't know enough to make even a hypothesis because there's more than one thing that can cause it and none of them are pleasant. If it's dug out soon and treatment is started she'll be much better off than letting this lay dormant and playing the thorozine shuffle with her until they find the right medications to treat the bipolar that also just happen to make the auditory hallucinations go away.

My first instincts.. I'm going to name off a couple medications and if she hasn't tried them ask your doctor about them. They have fairly innocuous side effects and they belong to the newer wave of treatments. She may be hesitant at first, but have her look up the literature on them.

The first is Geodon. The main side effects are sensitivity to heat and light, nausea and fatigue. These lessen over time. At first the symptoms can be pretty substantial. She'll need a dark, cool place to sleep and may need some pills for nausea at first. Alltogether said it's one of the few medications I've seen that doesn't have a really nasty toll on the body over a long period of time.

The second is Celexa.. it has a generic form.. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head but its side effects are pretty much in the vein of nausea and slight aggitation and I believe weight loss, which is a far cry better than some of the weight gain from monsterous drugs like Lithium, Zoloft or Depakote. If she's on any of those three, cease that medication right away. You have no idea how much long term damage those will do to her. I don't care how comfy the doctor is with prescribing them and how well the treatment works. You'll regret it if she continues on them.. and she'll bear the worst of it.

Other medications I'd warn you off of are Risperadol (Though sometimes the lesser of two evils.. this is the nuclear weapon of antipsychotics, Do not allow her to take this lightly.) and .. hm.. Cymbalta. I believe that's how it's spelled. There's survivor groups for that drug. It's horribly addictive and has all kind of nasty side effects. It's an experimental tricyclic antidepressant and I realy think there should have been more testing on it until they put it in the wild.

en.wikipedia.org...

Read that and get down to the part about differential diagnosis. These things like to hide in the noise. I can't emphasize enough that you need to make an issue of the auditory hallucinations and insist it be examined as a possible accompanying disorder.

ugggghhh spent an hour typing a u2u forgetting I need 20 posts....I'll be in contact with you soon as I get 20 posts .....

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
this thread is still going...

extreme!.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
whoever wrote fasting and praying is correct and the person who advised a doctor has only seen this side of the world.. There are many layers(dimensions/planes) here on Earth and some are more violent and dark then what we see here. It's really simple... Just like frequencies!!! Some people can tune in to certain ones other hten the here and now and others aren't able. no better no worse.. But to the person who wrote this, follow your intuition.. your gut!!! you know what is happening!!! U seen it with your husband.. and the entity or entities may have come from any numerable amount of people, places or things.... My simple advice would be to take him to a Priest/Shaman who can remove this darkness... with love, Jc

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
any medicine, unless crucial, is just masking the symptoms.... it's like buying bigger and stronger locks for your skeletons in your closet, they are still there and when that lock can't hold them anymore, they will have gained momentum combined with a larger then life LUST for revenge/!!!.. jc

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon
any medicine, unless crucial, is just masking the symptoms.... it's like buying bigger and stronger locks for your skeletons in your closet, they are still there and when that lock can't hold them anymore, they will have gained momentum combined with a larger then life LUST for revenge/!!!.. jc

That makes no sense, buying bigger locks would therefore improve the resistance against the skeletons. Please use some brain power or don't bother posting please. Critical thought is not difficult.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
"My sons father...."

Yoy mean your husband right? If you don't you've found your problem. It'll be a repeat of your 'husbands' earlier life.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Child's safety is the topic of the thread and this is what you choose to post in it. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't fire bazookas.

Maybe if you took two minutes out of the time you spend hugging trees and scrolled back through this thread you might see things differently.

Then again maybe not.

And if a childs 'safety' was really the main issue then I'd be more concerned about the sanity of his mother seeking help/advice on ATS of all places.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
ampar84, I hope you are still browsing this thread. First, I honor you as a mother. I am both Mom and Grandma and your posts here tell me you're a great mom. Big hugs. F for detractors!

Second, I could only read the first 15 pages of replies to your original post before becoming impatient. I felt strongly enough about you to join ATS in order to offer my own reply. Like many others who have posted here, I've suffered migraines, chemical imbalance in my brain, psychic and spiritual experiences beyond my understanding... and the reality of a life limited in knowledge, understanding and power.

You asked about demons. I had a dear friend, a Taoist priest, and one day I asked him if demons were real.

He replied: Does it matter?

He was a healer. He believed all of life was of spirit origin and base. Just as every human has a spirit/soul, every illness likewise has its own intent. Just as every human being is manifest spirit, so too is every disease. Life in any form seeks to continue living, does it not?

He treated the body with herbs and diets, massage and acupressure; sometimes with a simple embrace. He treated everyone with love, the strongest spiritual energy of all. He was not against modern medicine, doctors and pharmaceuticals. To him it was all part and parcel of life - all one. He used to say Holistic should actually be spelled Whole-istic.

Use everything you can to put things right. You are doing exactly that. You seem very bright and sensitive to me, and I'm especially glad that you perceive that sensitivity in your son.

Every move you make to bring him to better health is a rebuke of the spirit of dis-ease. You are incredibly brave and strong to continue this effort, which could rightly be described as a battle against negative forces. (After all, don't we commonly refer to the cancer-stricken as "battling" that disease?)

Here's what I really want to say:

Take the EMF thing seriously and find out if your home is affected and if you can fix it. Then fix it.

You posted that your troubles seemed to start when you moved to Colorado and especially near the Denver International Airport. As others have suggested, it would be interesting to see if a month away from that area, (and perhaps at a lower altitude), would be beneficial for your son.

Health is impacted by environment and you are living in a place that is compromised most by modern technological effects, (not to mention ancient burial grounds).

There are both physical AND spiritual aspects to any situation:

Physically, you do everything you can to deal with any imbalance that affects mind and/or body.
You are already doing this.

Spiritually, you do what comforts and centers you, be it prayer, meditation or movement.

No matter how you call them or heed them, the spirits called Angels are here with you now.

Best,
ELS

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

edit on 2-5-2011 by Elbereth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Call your local paranormal society!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

reply to post by inven104u2

To you.. and the previous poster.. no offense intended, I have respect for the devout and those wholly dedicated to their art whether they be a master sculpter or a man of the cloth. ..................................................

What I am saying is.. please.. for the sake of the child, don't assume this is simply a matter that can be resolved by faith. Countless scores of sick and even spiritually tortured children and even grown adults have died in the dedication to faith healing. If it does turn out to be a demon.. which honestly I'm not sure of, there needs to be more information.. then yes. Faith. Hope.. Love. The greatest of these is Love. But please don't assume that's what it is. He could simply be sick. This isn't an issue that will be resolved with one piece of advice or one moment of insight.

Pastamancer,
According to your post, after some gentle nudges and prompts... you mention that it may be a demon but then conclude:honestly I'm not sure of, there needs to be more information. I'm going by what the OP stated that there is this 'presence' that she feels at times. I know that feeling, and it's creepy.

You used the term: faith healing. I, nor the other person who posted after me brought that subject up. So.... huh?

You don't know that it's not a demon. And being posted in the Paranormal forum, I say that there's a reason for that. In fact, I don't want to be rude.... your pointers in your other posts about different medicines and their side-effects, although I think you mean well, may be better suited on a site such as "Ask your doctor"... "Ask Yahoo", or in an "AMA" type of site. You will see at the top of each page in the Paranormal forum threads the following:

Paranormal Studies: This forum is for the general discussion of a wide range of paranormal phenomena that includes remote viewing, ESP, OBE, telepathy, ghosts, spirits, etc. Participants should be aware that this is a highly speculative forum where topics and responses will tend to lean in favor of the existence of these phenomena. Those who would wish to refute these subjects should be aware of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of supporting the free examination of "alternative topics" which includes the paranormal.

And again, I don't want to seem pushy or put out, but another point I would like to make is that my post was not addressed to you, but rather, the OP. I hope that you can accept this saying without any negative feelings. Thanks.

edit on 2/5/2011 by MarkJS because: polished the post a bit.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
My gut is hoping you will have the child tested for Dissociative Identity Disorder. Early childhood trauma or SRA, Satanic Ritual Abuse, can cause children to use an amazing coping skill of splitting off into alternate personalities to survive. It can look very frightening, they may hear voices more likely inside their heads, and take on different physical and behavioral characteristics. Expressions, vocal tones, even color of eyes can change. They can have audio and visual hallucinations that seem to come and go.

This child sounds very wounded and scared, exposing them to something as frightening as an exorcism may just trigger them even more. I would just hope this possibility might be investigated before possibly accidentally causing more damage to their fragile state. I would rather see this child treated as an angel, not a demon.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join