It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Power Plant Knocked offline, In latest round of Tornados

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
http:// www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/27/us-utilities-tva-storms-idUSTRE73Q98920110427?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews&rpc=22&sp=true

I hope the operators of the nuclear power plants took a lesson on how not to handle and natural disaster from the Japanese government. If you notice in the article the author was quick to point out that the back-up generators did indeed turn on. Wow!! I feel much safer now!

I dare to suggest that Mother Nature could neutralize anything we could build.
edit on 27-4-2011 by redzareptile because: I haven't had my coffe yet!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Idk how many "acts of God" it will take. Ugh. Yes, I will miss my droid, lights, icebox, easy living, most of all air conditioner/heater! But we are human, we adapt. Thats what we do. We may not "evolve", but we adapt.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
We need to learn a lesson to put the plants away from major faults or other areas prone to natural disaters like the gulf coast. I belive almost anything his by a 48 foot wall of water would have and extremely hard time surviving in running condition.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The NRC spokesman said early information indicated the units shut normally and the plant's diesel generators started up to supply power for the plant's safety system.

That sure does look comforting...until you notice the part about "early information indicated". Funny how when early information indicates something bad, they say it's too soon to know, but when they like the sound of it, suddenly it's useful.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I feel like they didn't give enough information on this. They didn't say if they were worried at all or not. Just that they are working on it.

The government owned corporation said crews were working to restore service, but more severe weather was forecast

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

Yup.

Think that's a good sign?

We need a smiley that just shakes its head 'no' for me to put here.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucantcme
I feel like they didn't give enough information on this. They didn't say if they were worried at all or not. Just that they are working on it.

The government owned corporation said crews were working to restore service, but more severe weather was forecast
I think you are on to something... Keeping as all "in the dark", (figuritively speaking), until there was not a damm thing we could do about it.
step 1. downplay any threat to humans or the envrioment
step 2. slowly back your way into a portion of the truth just enough to quell any angry citizens
step 3. repeat step 1.
step 4. hope that something more "news worthy" comes along to turn everyone's attention away from the serious nature of any lasting consiquences.
step 5. repeat step 1.

It's all so clear now!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
All of my family lives in North Alabama and are without power. My sister relayed to me she heard that 3 main lines were down and 30 substations were knocked out of commision. Syas it could be at least 3 days before some of these places START to get power restored.

new topics

top topics

join