It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatah and Hamas sign reconciliation deal!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Why would Hamas renounce violence? More to the point, why would they do it for free? This is a ridiculous proposition.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ender_shadow

I am glad that you have brought up corruption within the Palestinian state and also within the state of Israel. It's there, it's evident, it's un-deniable and it is a major obstruction to the peace process.
I don't want you to be mistaken about my view on politics. I in no way, shape or form support Hamas/Fatah/any authorizing body in Palestine when they commit acts detremental to the success of peace and of a Palestinian state wether that be physical or diplomatic just as I in no way, shape or form support those same acts commited by Israel. I in no way, shape or form support violence from Palestine just as I in no way, shape or form support violence commited by Israel. You know that I have denounced Arafat aswell as Hamas on these boards and if you have forgotten I would gladly re-direct you to my posting history.
With that out of the way I would like to discuss coruption. It's true, there are certain entities on the Palestinian side that would like to obstruct the peace process just as there are certain entities in Israel that would like to obstruct the peace process. It would be a mistake to deny that there isn't. There are certain power brokers on both sides that gain to profit from the current situation- wether it be profit or power. However I think it would be fair to say that if we were to "follow the money" generated by this conflict we would see it fall in the majority of instances in the hands of those who support Israel continuing an on-going conflict with Palestine. I am sure you don't deny that the War on Terror hasn't been a huge profit for Israeli based security firms. Infact it makes up the bulk of Israels economy. With that said I would like to pose the same question you brought forth, just in a different context. Do you believe that these corporation want to prolong the conflict in order to profit?
It is also fair for me to adress your statement in regards to UNRWA. I think your right on the target in many aspects. UNRWA has done alot of good and it has been a centre of corruption when that aid reaches the authorities. That is true. There are people profiting on both sides of the equation.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join