It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Charged with Chaining Sons to Beds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This is completely Insane. I can not believe people can actually do things like this to children.

Thankfully the children are no longer in the parents custody.

DEXTER, Minn. - A couple from southeastern Minnesota is accused of chaining their two children to beds and withholding food from them.

Brian Dale Miller, 33, and 26-year-old Charity Lynn Miller of Dexter were charged in Mower County Court Tuesday with child neglect, malicious punishment of a child, false imprisonment and child endangerment, all gross misdameanors.

www.myfoxtwincities.com...
edit on 27-4-2011 by ucantcme because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2011 by ucantcme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucantcme
This is completely Insane. I can not believe people can actually do things like this to children.

Any source for this?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I think you forgot your link

But if that's the story (the headline lol) then yeah, that is a horrible thing to do to a kiddo.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
lol yeah sorry I hit enter before I was finished my bad

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Found a link:
www.dailyjournal.net...
Yeah some people shouldnt be having children.

edit on 27-4-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Ah damn wheres to tea party? This is another example of big govt. interfering in the lives of it's citizens.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

They were chaining them to the bed and denying them food...Thats is extreme. Its not like they were just spanking them or putting them in time out or making them stand in a corner. The parents deserve whatever they get for this.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

The sad and most disheartening thing, though is they'll probably go through far worse hell with foster parents, because they are horror stories too. It's so sad. People only foster for the cash or to get close to children (if you know what I mean) and there is no psychological testing for these monsters. The system is highly dysfunctional.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

The sad and most disheartening thing, though is they'll probably go through far worse hell with foster parents, because they are horror stories too. It's so sad. People only foster for the cash or to get close to children (if you know what I mean) and there is no psychological testing for these monsters. The system is highly dysfunctional.

Yes that is true but not always the case. I really hope they get placed into a good home. There are good people in the world too. Its such a shame for any child to go through things like this. I just don't get what causes a person to act that way??

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Mental instability?
I don't know. I really hope they get placed in a good home too, and hope they keep them together, because they really need to be with their siblings when they've gone through that kind of stress, sometimes they need the support of someone who has also gone through it, mainly their own flesh and blood, And I never understood WTH they would EVER EVER separate siblings. It makes it all the more stressful for a child, who is going into an unfamiliar place without any form of familiarity to comfort them.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Psst...I think he was kidding.

I never worry about people claiming that physical punishment works. There's so much hard science on this subject to cite, they end up having to demonstrate that they do not care about reality at all if they stick to it. It just plain doesn't work. It's not a question of whether it's right -- it just does not work. And there's no dispute about that. The only time punishment works to train a mammal anything is if it is so ridiculously harsh and absolutely consistent that the mammal's spirit is completely broken. Spanking would never cut it. You'd have to beat the # out of a child, and you'd have to do it every single time they did something wrong, and even then you'd have to do it for a while before you actually got results. And this isn't my opinion -- again, there's a huge amount of hard science and math on punishment and reward. So it's just a dead debate, really.
edit on 27-4-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button makes me happy

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Yeah I think they should be kept together too. There may be a brother or and sister from one of the parents willing to take them in. Thats what my Auntie did with me and my sisters. She did it so they wouldn't separate us. Its a tough situation to be in and I hope they are getting proper support where ever they are now.

top topics

join