It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hungry Beast returns for 2011 & brings light to DARPA "Perfect Soldier" projects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Last night "Hungry Beast" returned for another season & the first episode kicked things off with a disturbing & informative presentation on DARPA projects & other things aimed at creating a perfect soldier.

**These videos are recommend for a mature audience**

Being an Australian TV show & many ATSer's living in the U.S I thought I'd share this here in the hopes that some of you will get to see it who wouldn't know about it otherwise. The research being done is pretty wild to say the least.

HUNGRY BEAST - EPISODE 26 - PERFECTION
UNCANNY VALLEY - animated characters that are so lifelike they creep you out
PERFECT SOLDIER - how military scientists are pushing the boundaries of modern fighters
THE PERKEFCT KILO - locked up in a French chateau yet losing weight. Sacre bleu!
Plus regular features STUFF SAID and FOLLOW THE MONEY

Download the episode from the official site as an MP4

Download the extended interview with Professor Joel Garreau about "perfect soldiers"

...or watch any of the segments, extras or the full episode at the Official Site

~~+~~

Incidentally the first time I posted content from this TV show on ATS I was pointing out a well presented kinetic typography animation they did which exposed the SERCO portfolio (which spoke for itself) & revealed the breadth of this little known corporations reach & control; this promoted a great discussion in which many ATSer's contributed even more info on the company. If that is of interest you can check those out too at the links below.

(The Video(Youtube) / The thread)

You can also watch many of the segment's from last year's shows on youtube (hb search)

Peace,
-B.M
edit on 27/4/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Personally I think the whole thing is really disturbing & I want it to stop; trickle down benefits or not.

Particularly when I think about what I learnt watching The war you don't see with regards to increased civilian casualties up to a staggering 90% casualty rate in the most recent wars (due partly to indiscriminate infrastructure bombing) & then I think of the achievements DARPA & the like have apparently made in terms of overcoming human psychology NOT to kill someone, it's a dangerous combination.

-B.M

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It is a slippery slope.
Think about all the other drugs they will need to create in order to control side effects.
Imagine what the black market of these drugs will create. Crazy.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Fitting that you post this after ANZAC Day, with its catch cry " lest we forget". We always forget. It's obvious that it is only a phrase that we pay lip service to, as the video demonstrates.

Bloody Humans. Always trying to get better ways to kill each other.
Damn the people who decide on the wars and damn the soldiers who agree to fight them.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Bloody Humans. Always trying to get better ways to kill each other. Damn the people who decide on the wars and damn the soldiers who agree to fight them.

damn the soldiers... its hard not to think that way sometimes...

I made a similar comment on FB once which was picked up by someone in the Australian Air-force who took offence to my suggesting they were duped into being there. He was proud of the good work he had achieved and seen occur with his own eyes & that he'd joined because he wanted to help.

On the one hand, while I hate war, building schools is always a good thing...
On the other hand if he really wants to help maybe he shouldn't willingly have put himself in a position where he has to be ready pilot a plane that can drop bombs on people at a moments notice.

Thanks for your post, it made me think

Peace,
-B.M

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

I agree its a scary idea to think of how easily that aspect of this research could get out of hand, stronger faster more alert organised crime that doesn't need to sleep could dramatically change the world for the worse, but then so could the intended purpose of this research, the whole thing bothers me.

-B.M

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm bumping my own thread because I simply can't believe no one is interested to know more about the drugs that can keep a person awake & feeling great for 48-72 hrs piloting a helicopter in battle & at the end feel no worse than when he started; let alone the other things mentioned in that video.

edit on 29/4/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Thank you so much for this post! Just 2 days ago I was attempting to watch the Hungry Beast
trailer found on www.wethepeoplewillnotbechipped.com ...but since I am not down under, it denied
me permission.

I hope this works! I will let you know after a bit!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

you're most welcome, I hope the link's work & I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it if they do

peace,
-B.M

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Cant believe they are releasing some of this information. Most of this has been in use on special forces in the UK and US since the 1960s. Ever wondered how a 6 man team kills 461 plus in Iraq/Afghanistan in a 7 day mission? Its not just training , ill tell you that much.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Cant believe they are releasing some of this information. Most of this has been in use on special forces in the UK and US since the 1960s. Ever wondered how a 6 man team kills 461 plus in Iraq/Afghanistan in a 7 day mission? Its not just training , ill tell you that much.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

that all sounds very interesting, can you suggest any good materials to check out?

-B.M

top topics

join