It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

radiation and summer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I have not toth about it yet because i live in canada and it's cold,
but summer is coming and so are the vacation time. Is it a bad idea
to go out this summer with the possibility of radiation and the s##t that we
see happening in japan.

i spent my winter inside i hate winter

now that the nice wether is starting i am worried about going outside, or does that even make a diffrence.
Am i risking more of an exposure outside then inside.

how are you going to spend this summer considering

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Anytime your outside in sunlight you will get more radiation than inside but I wouldn't worry about it any more than you ever have.

People use tanning salons all the time and that's like 8 quazillion times more radiation than the sun and they are just fine.

Just don't forget to wear your tinfoil hat so haarp doesn't control your brainwaves cause you know they are watching you.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Stay out of the rain would be my advice. If it's in the air, it'll be in your house anyway.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Anytime your outside in sunlight you will get more radiation than inside but I wouldn't worry about it any more than you ever have.

People use tanning salons all the time and that's like 8 quazillion times more radiation than the sun and they are just fine.

Just don't forget to wear your tinfoil hat so haarp doesn't control your brainwaves cause you know they are watching you.

I aint afraid of the sun
some members might know
the sun is my friend

i am afraid of the spill in japan getting in the air around where i live, that kind of radiation.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yeah, the increase level of radiation in the rain, the outdoor swimming pools, children playing in the rain. outdoor gardens I too am worried.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
Yeah, the increase level of radiation in the rain, the outdoor swimming pools, children playing in the rain. outdoor gardens I too am worried.
No doubt our here in "rain central" A.K.A. The pacific northwet. I am very conscious about going out in the rain but what can we do here it's part and parcel to living here. Let alone kayaking. fishing, and other outdoor water activites. I think it hurts the children than a 40 something fart like me. I fear for my childrens future????

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well just do what you did when Chernobyle blew up. You haven't had any effects from that apparantly so whatever you did should work in this case.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Leuren Moret videos. She is a scientist, and I tend to believe her. It's different than Chernoble according to her. Spent fuel rods and all, like Abombs. Not the same as Chernobel If thats true, that is what is scary.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
reply to post by kro32

Leuren Moret videos. She is a scientist, and I tend to believe her. It's different than Chernoble according to her. Spent fuel rods and all, like Abombs. Not the same as Chernobel If thats true, that is what is scary.

fukushima is like 6 times bigger or worst then chernoble
and the fact that they are not even giving out information on what to do, where to go. It's like it's over and back to normal but they are still working on it and they are dumping in the ocean witch did not happen in chernoble.
So it should be worst

p.s. i don't like the men or women in white coats

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Unless your house is airtight and the air in it thoroughly filtered, and you have a decontamination chamber for your front door, you're already getting pretty much the same amount of radiation from Fukushima as you would outdoors.

The amount of radiation in rainfall, though many times higher than the ambient radiation released from Fukushima, is also not much to really worry about if you're an adult in North America or Europe, particularly if you do not ingest it.

I explained a bit of that regarding the video posted in this thread. Depending on which part of Canada you're in, odds are the amount of radiation in the precipitation where you are is at similar levels as that, or lower by now, given the amount of time that had elapsed between the major releases of radiation at Fukushima and the date of that post, and the time that has elapsed since that post and today.

For more information about radiation, what constitutes a life-threatening level of radiation, and other information, I will shamelessly direct you towards my thread on the subject, here, which I updated with what I've subsequently learned about counts per minute.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nithaiah

Thank's a lot for the wealth of information, more then i hope't for thank you.

Will have to wait until tomorrow to read, having trouble focusing they eyes
need my zzzzzz.

new topics

top topics

join