It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police dress up as doctors to test citizens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Police dress up as doctors to test citizens

ca.news.yahoo.com

ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkish police donned white coats and stethoscopes to disguise themselves as doctors, then knocked on people's doors to see how easily they would fall for a confidence scam.
The undercover police officers told residents of the southeastern city of Gaziantep they were screening for high blood pressure and handed out pills, according to Turkish media.
They were alarmed when residents at 86 out of 100 households visited on Tuesday swallowed the pills immediately.
Police later returned to warn residents to be more cautious.
The police pills were harmless placebos. But a l
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
God , this is just wrong on all counts and I am a bit stunded . From the cops dressing up as doctors to test people , to actual gangs doing this to the people , to the people stupid enough to take a pill that some moron gives you by claiming to be a doctor .

I wonder what else these cops might dress up as to test the people ?

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-4-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

there is a post of the same

www.abovetopsecret.com...

you should use the search before creating a double thread.
edit on 27-4-2011 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
transproffesionals

awesome.

people have too much time on their hands.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This is really sick to me. I don't believe that cops anywhere should be "testing" anyone for anything. Very very sad...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I thought just America was dumbed down..Hell, it's the whole world !!! What has happened to peoples minds these last 25 yrs???

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I am glad they did this.
Maybe they saved these peoples lives by telling them basically,
They are dumbasses for swallowing the pills.

2 things are infinite
The Universe and the stupidity of man.
I'm not sure about the Universe....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Fluoride in the water, Mercury in the Vaccinations and Government schools.... In response to Caji316
edit on 4/27/2011 by RedBeardRay because: Im retarded

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBeardRay

I think we should be more shocked and worried that anyone would just take a pill that someone knocking on their door would give them.

Forget for a moment that the police did this test; think about the number of people willingly swallowing whatever is handed to them. This could have happened in America or any place else. This is why we have corrupt politicians in offices, why we have as many bad people in places of power in general, and how people like Hitler came to power. It shows how humans in general (not all of course but the majority it seems) are willing to accept whatever they are told without question.

In fact the scariest thing is not that the police conducted this test, but that the sheer number of people willingly accepting whatever they are told. It shows that we (no matter where we are) are doomed.

This is absolutely mind boggling that anyone would even let the people in their homes let alone take a pill they hand them. You could most likely get near the same results here in the U.S. or any other western society.

Raist

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

You are correct, That is the most disturbing part, and I stand corrected, but at the same time, if the cops hadn't have done the testing, they wouldn't have swallowed the pills, but I suppose it is better that they swallowed placebos then something really bad.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Ha! Now I would have slammed the door on them amd called the cops for sure. Because since when do doctors make house calls?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Actually they are swallowing pills every day, both literally and metaphorically.

They swallow drugs that are far over prescribed for "illnesses" that are also far over diagnosed. They swallow the words of TPTB without question and take it as it is. I hear people every year say "I voted for the least of the two evils", that is bull do not vote for one you see as having any evil in them. If you do that you only feed the machine that keeps TPTB going. No matter who is chosen they win if one is seen as a lesser evil.

This story makes me sick in more than one way. Seriously this story is truly depressing. It really is the stupid that give the "evil ones" the power to lord over us. I feel so saddened knowing that we have the potential for great things, but because of people like this we are doomed.

Raist

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
placebo my glutamus maximus.

if they lie about who they are, what makes you think they arent lying about the pills being "placebo".

probably some new vaccination experiment.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

HA HA! Too True... although I hear in some rural places they do make house calls, but that is beside the point. I mean unless your expecting the Doctor, why would you accept anything from them.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Amen my friend... Amen, you are telling no lies....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
I thought just America was dumbed down..Hell, it's the whole world !!! What has happened to peoples minds these last 25 yrs???

Businesses understaffing to save money, forcing parent to work longer (for the same money) and impart less wisdom to their children

XL5

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if they dressed up as Hitlers SS and ask people if they wanted to go camping. Hell, I wonder what would happen if, instead of a pill, a colonoscopy was offered LOL.

At least its better then them seeing if doors and windows are locked by trying them in the night.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
They were alarmed when residents at 86 out of 100 households visited on Tuesday swallowed the pills immediately.

Ahhh the Sheep are well trained in Turkey

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This may not be a popular opinion, but I too am glad this was done. And if you were one of those fools that took the pill, you should be glad too. It's a wake up call to those people.

I'd much rather have the Police here in the US showing us how we need to be more careful and informed than beating us and taking away our freedoms.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RajunCajun

2 things are infinite
The Universe and the stupidity of man.
I'm not sure about the Universe....

If you are going to use a quote from a famous physicist then you should A) get the wording right, and B) give credit for it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join