It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible shadow figure encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
ok, so the other night, i was pretty tired. it was about 3 a.m. in the morning.so i figurd id hit the hay. so i lay their, close my eyes and try to relax. then i had this like vision, or feeling.

i literally felt, that a shadow put his arm through my pillow, and started twisting it. it was like i could see it. like the arm/body was blacker than black, or the blackest black. either way it was defined. i acctually jumped. but i wouldnt open my eyes. im kind of a chicken #, pardon my french. i just felt like, i knew, that if i opened my eyes their was another figure standing right next to my bed. this kind of stuff acctually happens alot. it gets my heart going, and its harder to sleep. it terrifies me, cuz i just feel as though their trying to scare me. i read on here that they cant actually touch us? so i think their main goal is fear. what do you guys think?

P.S. thanks gang, for listening. i think i may have actually found a forum i like, with cool people. a place were its ok to disagree with eachother. ATS rocks. just sayin.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by secretmonkeypants

I'm glad you like it here. I'm new also and really enjoying the variety.

I don't really believe that they can not touch you. I have never had an experience where one has, but I have heard of it happening. It sounds like you had a really scary encounter. I think whatever it was, was definitely trying to get a reaction out of you.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by itaii

yea, it was perty intense. what about you, you got a story?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
What I think is that shadow figures are the new favorite of the month topic and you are happily jumping on the bandwagon.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

and what is that supposed to mean exactly?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
hmm shadow figures....

I personally would like to think its all in the mind...but on serveral...if not dozens of occasions
I have woken in the middle of the night KNOWING absolutly knowing with all conviction that
there was something in the room...Shadow type things...Its been awhile since I have had an
experience like that but one event stands out in my mind.

I was living up in the mountains next to IAO valley (where many many people died due to war) on the top of a hawaiian volcano. The locals expressed
their concern for anyone who lived up there because they said many strange things happening
people go missing, deaths. (6 months i lived up there 3 people mysteriously died!!)

Anyways...for about a week straight I would wake up in the middle of the night around 3 or 4am in pure terror.
So scared that I would pass out. I knew something was in the room but I couldnt see it.
I was so scared I thought I was going to have a heart attack....as far as my mind was concerned
I was experiencing something terrifying. For what its worth my logic says otherwise....

Thats my expereince with shadow ppl...i dotn think they can touch you...and to be honest
i would rather to believe I am just NUTS...than there are active demonic spirits in my bedroom. lol

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Yes mine is in a thread here. My Paranormal experience

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Don't mind kro, he seems to always be pissed about something. He is notoriously known for it

I have never experienced anything like this, it seems frightening at the time, but I would be rather thrilled about it once it is over.
edit on 28-4-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

Honestly, it can be frightening but if it happens to you enough throughout your life you sort of become a little desensitized. It is pretty cool to have an experience with something "paranormal" because it gives you some insight on the afterlife. I may be judged by extremely closed minded people when I share my experiences, but at least I know, personally, that there is definitely a lot more to take into consideration than what an atheist believes.

That alone is enough for me.

Nothing really scares me more than thinking that after we die there is nothing. I'm 24 years old and I really think that I have not even began to scratch the surface of the meaning of life or anything.

/rant

[edit] by the way your avy is awesssome

edit on 28-4-2011 by itaii because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I find it intriguing that a shadowy being would be inclined to be in your vicinity for some time and make contact with your arm. Your experience gives me hope that I should be so privileged one day.

Do you think sleep deprivation or hallucination at 3 am in the morning was some sort of factor in what you experienced? Do you go to sleep with the lights on?

You mentioned some previous experiences that set your heart racing. Perhaps these need to be discussed with a doctor if they are consistently affecting in that manner.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Could it not have something to do with the fact that you was tired and it was 3.a.m?
The mind tends not to function very well when its exhausted, i know mine certainly does.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wooretan

i dont think it was due to the time. on weekends im ussually up pretty late, cuz i sleep all day. and no, i dont sleep with the lights on.
and it ddnt make contact with my arm. it was a arm, its like it punched through the wall at the . of my bed, and started just reaching around. best way i can explain it is like in a horror movie when the girl locs the door and the attacker "punches" through and reaches for the door handle.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I know there are shadow people. I have seen three in the last ten years. The first one scared me to death I was living in a hotel due to hurricane and was sound asleep woke up and saw this shadow beside my bed I screamed and ran out of the room. The other two times were at home and wide awake they just walk by. I do not feel threatened with the ones at home cause they fade really fast. My mind is sane only thing wrong with me I have MS and that's all I like it here you guys are cool

top topics

join