It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul gets angry...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Cenk, is a hardcore Democrat, and there's nothing wrong with that, except that the Democrats and the Republicans are both controlled by the banks and the corporations.

Cenk is perpetuating the left/right paradigm. It doesn't exist, both parties are two sides of the same coin.

Dr. Paul made some headway, in educating Cenk in this video.

Time will tell.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
WOW - did Paul tear Cenk (TYT) a new one....lol

You can't pull the wool over Ron Paul's eyes. He told it EXACTLY the way it is.

edit:

TYT won't even let you comment on his videos....lol
edit on 28-4-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Sorry to say folks, while that's a good vid, the good Doctor is NOT angry....

THIS
is Ron Paul angry.......
edit on 28-4-2011 by Oustlaw because: TO SAY>>>U gotta watch the whole (all parts) show...it's a classic!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calmarine
This interviewer is a left wing hack, so it is hard to watch anything of his and take it seriously. He starts off showing a clip of a lady being removed from Allen Wests town hall meeting. He feels so bad for her that she is being stiffled. He failed to mention that she was a liberal talk show host from the now defunked Air America. SHe was a plant who was bussed in to cause a disturbance. She was also arrested for resisting. Oh yeah you evil Turk, great reporting.

Exactly! And tell me that isn't a preemptive strke against Allen West as a possible contender against Bobams? I bet all that nonsense he spewed came right out of Soros Tides and MoveOn and OFA.

And see, if Repubs don't like POTUS policies, we are racist, but Dems can criticize West and it's no big deal.
What a joke. Can't people see through that veneer?
edit on 28-4-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oustlaw

THIS
is Ron Paul angry.......
edit on 28-4-2011 by Oustlaw because: TO SAY>>>U gotta watch the whole (all parts) show...it's a classic!

OMG WOW!!

THIS should have it's own thread.

p.s thanks for the stars/flags everyone

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

This is how the conflict of opposites work. The end result is Totalitarianism. We have on the Right people who oppose drugs and legalization of drugs, people on the left who just wanna smoke a peace pipe and get their fix of '___' or relieve pain(which is bogus anyway with the medical MJ) and you have Libertarians who believe that govt interference actually promotes illicit drug use and takes advantage of the black market(CIA drug running and so on) and today we see that our own govt refuses to check drugs at the border. Now the chaos and violence from Mexico is seeping into the States and becoming more of a problem.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
People will cry about this and twist his words, but he plainly said he would be more about giving the option for people to opt out of the system, and wouldn't just destroy these programs and put people out on the street. Take care of the folks that are already on it, and make everyone else take care of themselves. I can't argue with that.

Absolutely, And what do I see at Raw Story right now? Yellow Journalism?
Headline says, "Ron Paul: If elected, I'd kill Medicare and Soc. Security".
They do have the video but they know that most sheep will not watch it, they just see the headline.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

I just can't get over the fact that people just don't get it. Ron Paul is right, either cut the programs gracefully now, or face absolute chaos when bankruptcy occurs, which by the way, is nearly a mathematical certainty at this point. In order to save the currency, and by extension, save the nation, massive, drastic cuts are needed in EVERY area. That means Military spending is on the chopping block, and sitting right next to it is Social Security and Medicare.

Yes, this is correct. Dems keep wanting to make it into class warfare. That is textbook Marxism.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Oustlaw

Wow.. They didn't even give Ron Paul a chance there.... I can't beleive they tried to make it sound like he was personally responsible for bad people doing bad things... I mean wtf kind of biased crap was that!!

I have not seen such idiocy on TV like that ever... and I've watched Jersey Shore...

How did Morton Downey Jr. sleep at night?!
edit on 28-4-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Oustlaw

Oh my word. I forgot what an idiot Morton Downey Jr. was. And to think I used to watch that crap.

I seem to recall the "I puke on you" comeback making the news.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You see the thing is when these people become president,while they are in they always make sure to create some sort of new gang under whatever names they make up ex..Trilateral,UN,fbi,cia,Aipac(why do we kiss Isreal's ****?),Bildaberg.. and so on.This is a scam to put their own people in government!You open up a company and say you call it the peacekeepers!Now you have a new company to put whoever you want in working for you..and now you have a new government gang that can do whatever they want!And we fund that crap!See how it works?They take your money and hook up their own friends with a new job that gives them power!

Why do they need all these companies?I hate it when they open up some new company and don't do nothing with it!They sure as hell fund the crap out of it though!

This is where the FCPA act should come in to play!(Foreign Corrupt Practices Act)Issuers, domestic concerns, and any person from making use of interstate commerce corruptly, in furtherance of an offer or payment of anything of value to a foreign official, foreign political party, or candidate for political office, for the purpose of influencing any act of that foreign official in violation of the duty of that official, or to secure any improper advantage in order to obtain or retain business.
en.wikipedia.org...

No president is going to not listen to the higher-ups because of what happen to Kennedy!They can talk all they want and make you believe whatever they want but when it comes down to it,all they can think about is Kennedy!
edit on 28-4-2011 by GodIsPissed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Jist of the whole thing... WE'RE HOSED!!!

Mr. Paul is a lone bubble of sanity trying to stay atop a wave of stupidity in a sea of insanity! God bless him.

S&F

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I agree with Ron Paul,

Like my grand mother would say "We are going to Hell in a Hand Basket" and Ron Paul knows this.

I've known for over 10 years i wouldn't get any Social Security when the time comes, and about 10 years ago i stopped paying into it. The government just blows it on useless stuff anyway.

Medicad or Medicare. i know the elderly need it so I think there should be some sort of safety net for them, we should take care of the elderly, we'll all be there one day and it will suck.

All foreign aid should stop, let them all fend for themselves for a change, it will be a reality check for the world.

The middle class of this country is getting Butt Raped and for this country to recover the middle class needs to get back on its feet.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF AMERICA'S ASS...

The sheer irony in this statement is astonishing. The US has it's fist up so many asses around the world that you can not berate anyone making a comment on yours. What happens in regards to America's foreign policy affects so many of us that we deserve to make our feelings known.

Originally posted by Oustlaw

THIS is Ron Paul angry.......

Now this is why I love American politics so much. Bit of a ramble here so give me a by ball.

Politics in this part of the world is always a popular topic of conversation. Be it in the home, over a few beers wherever. It's such an emotive subject that it has split families right down the middle up to and including the taking of life over the differences of opinion. Of course this happens the world over but in America in my eyes anyway it is different. About, oh maybe 12 years ago I was introduced to American politics by a cousin via an American politics chat room. I was aware that it was more or less a two party set up, like so many countries. What I didn't expect was what I can only describe as the blind hatred in so many for the other side. Now these were intelligent people, the majority knew[ Americans politics inside out, very intelligent, very articulate people. I could not keep up with the conversation as so many seemed to be using voice software to do their tying for them. I sat and just watched the screen scroll at a terrific rate trying as best I could to keep up with the topics that were being discussed. What amazed me though was the pure hatred. I'm a little bit wiser now as to the ins and outs but under no circumstances could I in any way join in a discussion in any meaningful way. I see it a lot on ATS, someone puts his or her point of view across and it can degenerate into a nasty session of insults rather that addressing the topic just because you don't agree with the other person.In many ways it's healthy. Open debate is never a bad thing.
I'm not sure what point I'm trying to get across here as it's late in the day but I will say this. I know it's an old clip but it's refreshing that politicians and an audience can interact in such a way rather that the news that it's such a terrible thing that one politician addressed another by the shockingly inappropriate term of 'dear' in the Houses of Parliament.

I must say, I haven't rambled so much in quite some time.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

p.s thanks for the stars/flags everyone

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
, drastic cuts are needed in EVERY area. That means Military spending is on the chopping block, and sitting right next to it is Social Security and Medicare.

I'm in my thirties, so I seriously doubt that SS and medicare will be around for me, BUT would either of them need to be on the chopping block if they were managed properly? Why must we compare the military spending and SS/medicare?

People pay IN to Social Security. But the military costs us FAR more, and it benefits no one except halliburton.

When all these folks discussing fiscal conservatism make DEEP cuts in the military, THEN i'll believe them and allow them to start cutting social programs. And that's basically what Paul is saying.

I agree that there is serious excess in government programs that need to be cut. But I also think it's important to not throw the baby out with the bathwater when it comes to basic aspects of social welfare. We absolutely DO NOT NEED these wars, or this size of military budget. Cut that ALONE an this country is in far better shape financially. Then we can look at getting social spending under control. But since the so-called conservatives have been gutting social spending while increasing military spending for decades now, I will remain incredulous.
And I think Dr. Paul makes a similar point here.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by aravoth

I just can't get over the fact that people just don't get it. Ron Paul is right, either cut the programs gracefully now, or face absolute chaos when bankruptcy occurs, which by the way, is nearly a mathematical certainty at this point. In order to save the currency, and by extension, save the nation, massive, drastic cuts are needed in EVERY area. That means Military spending is on the chopping block, and sitting right next to it is Social Security and Medicare.

Yes, this is correct. Dems keep wanting to make it into class warfare. That is textbook Marxism.

How did you come to that specific conclusion based on anything in this video or thread or the post you are responding to?

Also, engaging in tactics that destroy the middle class while calling the middle class's concern over such activities 'class war' is 'classic corporatism'.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

It's quite note-worthy how you are desperately trying to steer the discussion here away from Paul's talk about how we need to cut military spending and stop printing new money and stop wasting money on social programs to a debate between "dems" and "Reps".

Did you even listen to the video? He's critiquing that VERY SAME TACTIC.

sheesh

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Cenk is the host of young turks
Look at the title of the video on the young turks

That's all that Cenk took out of that?????????

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnGeeTee

I loved that video too. It's classic America: Jerry Springer prototype!

I think one of the problems in this country is that we view everyone in black or white: You are either everything or nothing. The truth is without "Liberals" there are certain things we wouldn't have today. Without "Conservatives" there are certain things we wouldn't have today. Both are nesscary for something called evolution. I agree with some of Ron Paul's views. Unlike most people around here I don't hero worship the guy and I don't think the market is going to solve everything. That makes me heretical around these parts. I think in truth the main problem of libertarianism is it views man as he should rather than as he actaully is. As long as there are concepts like greed and self-interest you will always have problems and no market utopia is going to emerge.

I myself don't care much anymore. I don't see much hope in the very near future. I do believe on day humans will break free and evolve from this current form. One day all the ism's all the people on this board argue about will be history. We will be worm food and all we believe won't mean a damn thing anymore. The truth is I think the future is coming faster than some of the older among us want. The young have a very different view of society. It's scary for our elders, but once their dead all bets are off.

Oh, quite a bit of that was just my rambling too, just wanted to clarify that. You seem to be a rather intelligent fellow though so i doubt i'd really have to explain it, but as i am a moron i feel it's best to be safe rather than sorry.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join