It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul gets angry...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I hear what Congressman Paul is saying. I agree with him almost 100%.

I guess my concern is with the eventual phasing out of Social Security. Don't get me wrong- I think it needs to happen if it is not being used as was originally intended. This would have to be implemented with the next generation of workforce. Those of us who have been paying into the system for 10+ years would lose the money that we are putting into it if it were phased out for this generation. Would Congressman Paul cut checks for all of us who have been paying into the system for years?

I love his comments on cutting military spending. He's right. The MIC needs to be ended. For-profit wars need to be ended, and we need to get back to taking care of us first.

Either way, he's one of the only honest politicians that I have ever seen. He has a bit of the doomtard factor, but he's just being realistic in my opinion.

It's nice to see a thread focusing on something other than the stupid Obama BC debate.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
i always agree with Ron Paul
one of the msot brilliant leader since JFK

btw CD .. nice new avatar

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
& rightfully so.

April 27th 2011

Starts at 4:00

I don't agree with some of his viewpoints but I do agree with a lot of them.

For the record I lean left.

There is no reason we should be at war any longer. It's rediculous. Phasing out Medicare wont work, but if it's bankrupt then what choice does the program have?

I don't mind some welfare programs, or paying my share of taxes for this. My family has needed help and got it and now they live very comfortably. Through social school programs they were able to go back to school etc and now make a decent living. They obviously did not abuse the system. So perhaps the system is good, but needs reform?

Economically our country would be sound if the Fed would stop printing money. Ron is 100% correct about that. This low intrest rate to the bank cartel has to stop. It's not like they are generating credit as they promised they would. Hasn't worked yet, the banks keeps getting richer.

The Fed Res is a scam and when they screw up, we bail them out. It's garbage. That is not Capitalism.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yay for commander-in-chief powers, budget & other veto powers, and the ability to issue pardons at will.

Presidential executive directives can also be very useful in dealing with unconstitutional prior legislation and related issues. The fact that it's also a VERY influential bully pulpit is very useful as well.

We might not see everything Paul wants off the bat as some of his more extreme (but justified & needed) desires would of course be tempered by congress, but I have no fear of a lame duck presidency or anything along those lines here.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed

I don't agree with some of his viewpoints but I do agree with a lot of them.

For the record I lean left.

There is no reason we should be at war any longer. It's rediculous. Phasing out Medicare wont work, but if it's bankrupt then what choice does the program have?

I don't mind some welfare programs, or paying my share of taxes for this. My family has needed help and got it and now they live very comfortably. Through social school programs they were able to go back to school etc and now make a decent living. They obviously did not abuse the system. So perhaps the system is good, but needs reform?

Economically our country would be sound if the Fed would stop printing money. Ron is 100% correct about that. This low intrest rate to the bank cartel has to stop. It's not like they are generating credit as they promised they would. Hasn't worked yet, the banks keeps getting richer.

The Fed Res is a scam and when they screw up, we bail them out. It's garbage. That is not Capitalism.

I was thinking the exact same thing!
It's like so obvious where to money is going, the federal reserve should be in stopped, the banks should be stopped, derivative from the richest people should be hacked and erased. We don't need those exaggeratedly rich people, if they we're of any use, they would of saved the system already. But they rather see profit growths then stopping this madness.
edit on 28-4-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

Good question. You mean that first meeting where they tell you that they will arrange for your family to "die" in an accident, but what will really happen to them is that they will be held and tortured slowly for years while you watch helplessly? And so you better play the damn game? Lol. At least thats kinda the look Obana had on his face for like a week after the briefing.

I doubt there was any question on Obamas mind what exactly his role would be as president. And as for another Andrew Jackson or Kennedy entering office, I think they are just going to sit him out for the next 4 years, unless he is able to gain much traction in congress and other key installations.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
What is wrong with people?
What is WRONG with letting people take care of themselves? Especially if they want to?
My city just passed a draconian ordinance to outlaw chickens - not fair laws - just blanket NO chickens!
People are just trying to feed themselves - the economy is really bad here with theTOP 2 employers fixing to CLOSE completely in just a few months!

People see this as some sort of football game, I'm a Democrat, I'm a Republican.
Ok really - I have friends and they are like 'things aren't so bad' WELL NO, it isn't - NOT FOR THEM, but when are people going to EVER give a crap about others that are NOT doing so well? How long are people going to ACT like it isn't happening and be all suprised when there is RAMPANT crime?

I don't think it is American 'style' to riot in streets- Americans are more survivors than whiners no matter what people think - and the hungry in AMERICA will TAKE from those that they think have more - it's going to be CRIME like crazy you see in America. The protests will be over entitlement programs but most won't participate.

They are going to have us ALL poor and in trailers for the storms to come blow away.
Ron Paul is the ONLY one making any sense at all. He's the only one that acts like he's human with a clue.

What is going ON? I mean, I really do not understand how people can keep perpetuating their silly ideas that it's us and them and that the govt. has the right to tell people they HAVE to get care from the govt, that they CANNOT take care of themselves or provide for themselves IF THEY WANT TO.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
& rightfully so.

April 27th 2011

Starts at 4:00

I just can't get over the fact that people just don't get it. Ron Paul is right, either cut the programs gracefully now, or face absolute chaos when bankruptcy occurs, which by the way, is nearly a mathematical certainty at this point. In order to save the currency, and by extension, save the nation, massive, drastic cuts are needed in EVERY area. That means Military spending is on the chopping block, and sitting right next to it is Social Security and Medicare.

It has nothing to do with compassion, a dollar crisis doesn't give a damn about your age, or your health.

It's like the whole country is stuck inside a tunnel, some people continue to run towards the light, the rest of us are running away from it, because we know it's a speeding train.

It's always amazed me, how some people simply can't see that train coming....
edit on 28-4-2011 by aravoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
man i love this guy... unfortunately i don't think he'd survive the presidency. we are on a crash course with our destiny and i don't even think the great Mr. Paul can save us. i think the only thing we can actually do now is just get prepared and hold on to our britches cause it's about to turn into quite a wild ride.

we here in america are about to experience something that we never have, and that is universal poverty except for the extremely wealthy and even they will have to take some cuts as well. i would say start investing in yen, but my gut tells me something horrible is gonna happen to china and completely take them out of the running for the next super power. honestly the future is such a blur it's crazy. used to be that we could know exactly what's coming next, but now a days every day is a blessing.

if you don't know God, might wanna think about getting to know him.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I really hope this man somehow finally gets elected president, I believe most politicians have a shady side but i've yet to really see it in ron paul, he APPEARS to be genuinely concerned about this country and its people, and seems to have more common sense then the rest of the lot.

I would love for a social security opt out, im almost certain that the program will no longer exist by the time im able to draw from it, and if thats the case the government better start issuing some refunds before TSHTF, I know I will be extremely upset if they took thousands of dollars from me for no reason.

Lets flag this (and all other ron paul threads) to the top and keep it there, so many stupid birther threads on ATS now that I dont want to look at this website.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The problem here is the "federal" reserve bank, when a country is forced to use currency that in reality is money+interest, it is inescapable and you must eventually borrow more money. So it is designed in the system for large pockets of population [even entire countries] to become homeless and live in poverty. This is all part of a plan that is nearing the end and towards their main goal. I mean these are not the only people that tried simply to control the world, but I would say they are the closest to that objective...

This is just when it STARTS to get bad, we devalued our currency around 96% in 94 years. This is the generation that either total government control is upon us, or the USA revolts against its government. Either way it will get interesting

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Paul has been hitting the road big time lately, hope he can get some rest before the debate next week.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

if there was an edit with just Ron speaking, I could have made it through the whole thing. whenever a pundit, on any station, any show, any medium, opens his or her mouth, the bile rises to the back of my throat. heaven forbid Ron Paul come on the show and talk freely, no, they have a very specific message that they want him to say and as soon as he gets "of course" the host gets angry. it's clear, just from the first half of the clip, that the producers thought Ron would just come on and bash the Paul Ryan plan. Ron strayed from their "even the republicans think the plan is nuts!" storyline and the host gets catty. everyone with a show on MSM cable news is just a miniature version of Bill O-Reily, screaming at their guests to shut up as soon as the break from the script.

MEDIA = FAIL

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I wish we could somehow get a movement going for Congressman Paul. I was a staunch supporter of his in 2008 and will be in 2012. The man says it how it is, regardless of whether you want to hear it, and that is EXACTLY the type of person this country needs leading it.

What can we do to propel him like so many did for Obama in 2008? He obviously won't get the minority vote, but I think he can energize the independent voters in the US (which grew in size significantly after the last election), but will need the Tea party and and fellow republican voters as well to stand a chance. I just pray the Tea Party will drop Palin and Buchannan and support Ron Paul. I think if the Tea Party rallied behind him, republicans would rally behind him, and then those who supported Obama but were terribly let down will also back behind him. Trump is a distraction and a problem, he will take votes from Paul and I hope he gets dropped too. Mark my words, if it ends up being a race between Ron Paul and president Obama, Ron Paul will win, IMO.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yeah, great another fascist. Cooperative programs are what will happen, with or without money. No one can take care of themselves. Women died by the scores in childbirth, lifesaving operations. No one should have to pay hundreds of thousands for treatments. Medical treatments for the rich sold as responsibility!!!!

The best countries in the world have good medical programs.

What a joke. He hates collectivity.

The trillions to the bankers and the wars are the problem. social spending is peanuts and the very reason for taxes. I support venus project grass roots run, no money, but not dog eat dog have and have not style, it would wed collectivity and freedom as things should be.

edit on 28-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
WOW THANKS FOR THAT WONDERFULLY ENLIGHTENING MESSAGE... NOT!

Why would I care about the emotional state of one man, who is a government shill at best? Further more, why would such a bland subject and very unhealthy looking individual be paraded around the top topics page with flags?

It's all utter bullsh*t. You are all the epitome of sheeple.

Anyone who takes the mainstream media seriously or even acknowledges it shouldn't be participating in conspiracy forums. You know very little of how this world operates. Leave now and go educate yourself on subjects that actually matter or effect you firsthand. How about flouride and chemtrails?

BTW, HEY OP! AREN'T YOU IN CANADA? GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF AMERICA'S ASS...

edit on 28-4-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by illuminatitanimulli
He's right.
But if he is ever elected, (he's always had my vote) I wonder what that first presidential intelligence debriefing would do to him. Any takers?

Like bill hicks says. They bring you into a smoky room with a huge screen. And they show you the JFK assasination from an angle no one has ever seen before. Then they ask if you have any questions.

We need him to have a live press conference after this meeting and expose everyone. Back in the real world... they will never allow him to be president. :^(

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think he is 100% accurate.

However, he will never get elected by campaiging on making cuts to social programs like, SS, medicare, medicade, welfare, etc....

That is a huge voting block and even if you guaranteed people the country would be bankrupt within 10 years if we didnt make these cuts, they are never going to vote to stop getting a paycheck twice a month and free medical coverage.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by skull_bones
I think he is 100% accurate.

However, he will never get elected by campaiging on making cuts to social programs like, SS, medicare, medicade, welfare, etc....

YES but he needs to let the people know, cause most seem to NOT understand, is that all he can do is get the House to propse these... and vote on them.

He needs to CLEARLY explain the alternate when these people "opt-out".

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
As much as I like Dr. Paul, his son Rand seems to have a much different approach to politics, unfortunately. I think that Ron Paul has it right, if you work within the confines of the Constitution, we are much more likely to succeed and prosper. It's when we deviate from our charter, that we experience the problems that we now suffer from.

Why? Because our Constitution was crafted in a manner to put a check on corruption and abuses of power and it is these two influences that seem to be bringing us down. Our Constitution is not a living, breathing document. Instead, it is meant to be taken literally and strictly abided by. For those that falsely make the claim that the Constitution is outdated, you are wrong. Our founding fathers crafted this document to last the test of time, which is exactly why there is an Amendment process.

--airspoon

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join