It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else feel like the weather is getting increasingly violent?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The past few months, at least in the US, it's seemed like the weather has become increasingly violent. It's almost a weekly thing, a few times even bi-weekly, of storms producing destructive tornados in the midwest.

I live in Maryland. Right now, there's a tornado warning for my neighboring counties, and a watch for mine. This is like the third time this month at least that we've had a destructive storms producing tornados. Some tornados touched down in a northern county last week and there were damaging winds and a few tornados spotted earlier in the month. I cannot remember a time when we've had this many destructive storms in a short amount of time. It's still early spring and we're having more destructive storms than most summers.

Anybody else feel the same way?

Edit: Tornado warning now includes our county. This is just crazy...
edit on 27-4-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

ITS HAARP! (First!)

And yes, I was having this discussion with my cousin last night. Central Texas has become tornado alley. Four of them in two days have touched down in sight of their home. I lived up there for nearly fifteen years and never saw more than one touched down in a year. The weather up there is psychotic, but here in Houston, it seems fairly pleasant. Which is, in itself, unusual...

link   

Originally posted by mossme89
The past few months, at least in the US, it's seemed like the weather has become increasingly violent. It's almost a weekly thing, a few times even bi-weekly, of storms producing destructive tornados in the midwest.

I live in Maryland. Right now, there's a tornado warning for my neighboring counties, and a watch for mine. This is like the third time this month at least that we've had a destructive storms producing tornados. Some tornados touched down in a northern county last week and there were damaging winds and a few tornados spotted earlier in the month. I cannot remember a time when we've had this many destructive storms in a short amount of time. It's still early spring and we're having more destructive storms than most summers.

Anybody else feel the same way?

I live in Chicago and yes, yes I do, in fact the weather is pretty much screwed across most of the states, record lows in temperature, flooding, a crazy string of destructive tornadoes, your not going crazy my friend, it's getting ugly out there.

link   
I live in Scotland and we are having summer type weather in April that we get in July/August? It was over 20 degrees celsius today and has been for a while. So everywhere on earth the weather is out or is getting worse as you are reporting? I saw the news from the US and it made out to us here in the UK that the tornadoes are normal for this time of year?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Yess..

92 tornadoes in 1 day.. new world record...
Over 200 tornadoes in totall...
a Mega-Tornado comparable to a Category 5 Hurricane...

I live in Florida.. What do you guys recommend I do?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm 58 yrs old and have never been afraid of the weather before these last 15 months..They have been hell. I have seen only 3 tornadoes in my life and I have seen these 3 with-in the last 15 months.... I have found that Dutchsinse is very accurate in showing where tornadoes will hit..He's been dead on them so far.....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
In Florida we haven't had rain for at least a month. Usually during this time of the year, rain begins to fall in the afternoon daily. Plus, it's like 100 degrees already :O.

Strange times indeed.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The tornadoes are out of control this year. Take a look at this chart:

www.spc.noaa.gov...

You can see that the 2011 total is close to tying 2010 entire year total, and it's only April. Also, April's 654 count is quite astonishing.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Im from California and we have had tornadoes here! Very crazy weather indeed! We' also recently had a 5.6 earthquake although i didnt feel it. But nonetheless strange weather is happening all over.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by enderthexenocide

Keep in mind that using the preliminary counts may come back to bite you since those are all eyewitness accounts and not proven tornados. I bet that number decreases dramatically as all the scientific info comes in. Sorry replied to wrong person.
edit on 27-4-2011 by regor77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I live in America's Toughest Weather City, but from what I've been seeing on the news and reports of people here...my city seems quite nice and peaceful in comparison with the rest of the country. No weather complaints here. All is as usual.
edit on 27-4-2011 by kalunom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cleverhans

Number of tornadoes:
3Yr average for April=185, this April=654

Number of tornado deaths:
3Yr average for April=6, this April=43

Killer Tornados
3Yr average for April=2, this April=13

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by regor77

Good catch, didn't realize these were prelim. I guess quite a few of these could turn out to be mistaken wind gusts, etc, especially the ones occuring at night.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

The average number of confirmed tornadoes in April is 116. The previous record for the month was 267 back in 1974.

The weather service says more than 200 twisters have already been confirmed this month, and that number could be as high as 275 by the end of the week.
www.cbs19.tv...

I know i don't remember seeing this many all at the same time!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Another member in Texas here. It's definitely been a lot more windy than what I remember. Everyone I talk to about it; friends, family, etc..., all agree that they've never seen this much wind before. The first of this month we had 2 straight days of 40mph wind here in Dallas, but it was a bit unusual. It was like the wind was blowing something fierce just above tree level. About 60 feet up. The trees were blowing as well but the wind below tree level wasn't blowing quite as hard and they weren't moving a whole lot. Everywhere I went I could here the wind just howling. Kinda like the earth was angry. Though the wind at ground level and the movement of the trees didn't correspond with what I was hearing from the sky. It was odd to say the least. I remember the first night still being able to here it when I went to bed and looking outside to see the trees just barely moving at all.

new topics

top topics

join