It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with the water in Boston, MA.. ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Me and my pets (4) all drink just filtered water. At the very least it tastes better.

Have one outdoor cat and three indoor. If it rains the outdoor one will come in for awhile. God knows what's in the rainwater these days.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Filter your water or at least boil it before drinking. Your dog will appreciate it too!
I noticed an immediate difference when cooking with filtered water as well. Perhaps the most essential thing to look for when getting a filter is the ability to reduce or eliminate fluoride.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
2 of the 3 buddies I just called said they tasted a slight chlorine-y taste to their water and it was much worse in a shot shower.

And the other didn't really know what was going on...*bit of a coke-head*

I noticed this happened to me when I lived in Florida and some days it felt as if I were drinking pool water.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CalmAsHinduCows

Interesting, Thanks for doing some digging! much appreciated my friend..

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
Here in Southern Ontario we draw our water from Lake Huron, not bad water but if there is a North wind they add chlorine like no tomorrow.
The North wind stirs up the crap and they add more than usual chlorine to combat the bugs.
About 3 weeks ago we put in a Reverse Osmosis system just for drinking and cooking water.
We also bought a water tester for suspended particles only but it gives you a good idea of how good your water is.
Our tap water reads at about 109, our filtered water reads about 4.
RO systems remove all the crap to the point there are some web sites that claim its dangerous to drink this water all the time because you are missing certain minerals in the natural water.
Here we both eat well and take a vitamin and skip all the crap in our water including medical waste which is one of the largest polluters of our water today.
Regards, Iwinder

Demineralized water, like that gotten from an RO system, will leach minerals from your body. Not good stuff. To counter this, get an RO unit with fewer filter membranes.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm about 12 miles south of Boston and my town is saying not to use the water because they are flushing the lines........for a month?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

Good to know.. This could possibly be what i am experiencing.. Thanks for letting me know,

I talked to my neighbor this morning, Apparently he had some chlorine smell in his water also, Strange he also told me he was starting to develop a rash on his back.. I have no idea if it's linked or not.. Sometimes he talks just to talk.. ( i'm sure you know the type)

As for MY water situation, The smell is still there today.. But nowhere near as bad as yesterday.. And i managed to get through a full shower today.. Still not letting my dog drink the tap water though, I Went out and bought a bunch of jugs of spring water today.. At 1.25 a gallon, That's a conspiracy in it self..

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Originally posted by Iwinder
Here in Southern Ontario we draw our water from Lake Huron, not bad water but if there is a North wind they add chlorine like no tomorrow.
The North wind stirs up the crap and they add more than usual chlorine to combat the bugs.
About 3 weeks ago we put in a Reverse Osmosis system just for drinking and cooking water.
We also bought a water tester for suspended particles only but it gives you a good idea of how good your water is.
Our tap water reads at about 109, our filtered water reads about 4.
RO systems remove all the crap to the point there are some web sites that claim its dangerous to drink this water all the time because you are missing certain minerals in the natural water.
Here we both eat well and take a vitamin and skip all the crap in our water including medical waste which is one of the largest polluters of our water today.
Regards, Iwinder

Demineralized water, like that gotten from an RO system, will leach minerals from your body. Not good stuff. To counter this, get an RO unit with fewer filter membranes.

Well I appreciate your advice there SirMike but there is no way we are going to go back to consuming medical waste, barium,aluminum,copper,nickle,zinc,mercury,rust,fertilizer,chlorine,FLUORIDE.......etc I could go on but you get the idea here.
Here our bottled water sold in stores is Reverse Osmosis water and they push it like no tomorrow in the advertisements and I have yet to hear some doctor somewhere say this is bad stuff.
I did mention that we both do a vitamin per day and we do lots of veggies and fruit too.
No way are we ever going back to municipal (city) tap water, I think our signature says it all.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 28-4-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
reply to post by pop_science

Yeah it's public water.. Thanks for all the information, I may have to make a run to my local hardware store tomorrow morning and get one of those testing kit's..

I just found the entire thing a little weird.. I have lived in Mass for most of my life, And have never experienced the water being this blatantly unsafe..

I mean i have smelled a slight chlorine type odor in the water before.. But like i already said.. Never like this.. It was similar to walking into a freshly chlorinated pool and opening your eyes.. Also, This is the first time my dog has ever done this.. Refusing to drink out of his dish..

Don't bother with the buying of test kits for every little smell you disagree with , just filter the dam stuff and get it over with .
or move to a better place .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join