It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dis-(Look Over Here) Traction!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have been for a while and have noticed some very interesting things over the past few months. I wanted to discuss "distraction" and "programming".

Distraction definition:

Distraction is the divided attention of an individual or group from the chosen object of attention onto the source of distraction. Distraction is caused by: the lack of ability to pay attention; lack of interest in the object of attention; or the great intensity, novelty or attractiveness of something other than the object of attention. Distractions come from both external sources, and internal sources. Multitasking could also be considered as distraction in situations requiring full attention on a single object (e.g. sports, academic tests, performance).

en.wikipedia.org...

Now how many of us have not had one of the above happen to us? Now if this happens to you more often then not, then you would most likely in the medical field at least, be considered someone with ADD, and be given some medication.

Now what if you saw the "distraction" early on? Would you be able to concentrate at the issue at hand?

Now "programming". Programming or the word at least I find very telling. we have t.v programming, and mental programming, computer programming, etc,. Many of us are fully aware that our minds process (again a great word) things in different ways, but the way that I see it stopping our advancement, or way of moving past things we cant change, is through "distraction".

The patterns that we use, especially those that frequent sites like this, is what IMHO, makes us more vulnerable to both, programming, and distraction.

Here is an example. How can we still be discussing Obama's b.c, and hes been in office for 3 yrs? How can we still debate U.f.o's, and be aware that science is giving details daily about how highly probable it is that there are other beings, whether on this planet or not. We will spend days discussing race, religion, politics, and sometimes just off the wall stuff, and not be finished with the last discussion.

We are more entertained in showing our true colors concerning race, when we cannot stay on topic with things such as our well being, our water, our health, both physical and mental. We are not sharing ideas for changing were falling for both programming and distraction, to hinder the minds of those who see outside the box.

I dont care if your a dis-info agent, personally I think that even if you are here with an agenda, some of this has to bother them. with all the power that we have, and believe me we are some very powerful people, if we were to focus the most important subjects first, we could actually have this planet and all that inhabit it to a much better world.. fast and easier.

I see a power, a sense of community, even for those that we dont always agree with, and see that the energy we seriously spend debating, disagreeing, having a I'm "smarter than you" discussion, that we are losing the battle that we as members of a conspiracy site, have worked so hard for in the first place.

I dont know you... and you dont know me. But there is something about what we do here, how we have the ability to have (some of us) 2 different lives. One of a conspiracy theorist, and another with the role that we cannot be ourselves in from of family or friends. That right there is something that not everyone can pull off. Some of us have and know that we can make a difference.

And that is as individuals. What if we took all of that focus and and actually came together, and knocked things out one at a time? Its like a very thought out plan of attack. You dont just scatter everyone all over the place. You take the best of the best, gather everyone as a unit, and make it short and sweet.

I would love if we can as a community, come up with at least one idea, that we can do as one, and if we could see a difference it would change our lives, and of those around us. ATS as a site can also join in this, but lets say we as a community of great minds find one thing (small) but can make a dent that we can change right now. Whether it be fast food, fluoridated water, or even a day that we can all give one can a food a month to a charity or your local supermarket to distribute to a charity.

If we saw progress, and believe me, if we came together and did it as a unit of people that actually make change and discuss it, those companies that suffer will try to find out what is putting a dent in their wallets. If we saw that we can do it, even if its a little at a time, we would then be able to see the progress, and look forward to more change.

If you have an idea, that you would like to share, even if its the state your in, and you would like others in your state or country to make a different one state at a time, I think that we can then fully say... "we can walk the walk, and talk the talk". Maybe I have more faith in us then most, but without the visible change, then what we can really discuss?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well that's a very nice take on the reality of perception.

I've never been one to medicate and I do exhibit a lot of the so-called ADD symptoms. I've learned to live with it and manage it pretty well. Sometimes channeling it into great focus on things such as....oh....something shiny! I'll be back....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I was mulling over very similar thoughts as those yesterday night. And the thought crossed my mind more than a couple of times to make a thread very similar to this one.

Distraction is a major problem here on the ol' ATS. There was a decent thread going, over in Paranormal Studies, which was basically a crash-course in energy manipulation. It lasted about a week before the OP abandoned it for something else. There were people actively participating and apparently interested, but then without direction, the thread kinda died. I've seen other, similarly interactive threads with a fairly dedicated OP, but few participants with the will to follow it for more than a day or so, or not enough incentive to do so.

I believe that one or the other (or, worst-case: both) would be a major pitfall for any group movements here on ATS. For such things to be successful, there would need to be several leaders, so that if one got distracted and wandered off, had to work late, got their internets shut off, or whatever, there would be at least one other person who could step in and keep it going. There would also need to be some kind of reward or incentive for members to participate and continue participating, even if it was just a nice dose of daily novelty, so that the activity could go on long enough to bear fruit.

And, I suppose it goes without saying, but making the action or goal interesting and doable is an absolute necessity, even beyond what I mentioned above.

join