It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiots saying we never landed on the moon

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by oxo
I ask you
could mankind have invented the plane without first making kites and gliders and such to test out his theories?

Exactly, but they hadn't made working manned aeroplanes before had they, no matter what gliders or other 'insignificant' things you wish to mention, therefore there is no way that manned flight was ever achieved.

*The above is an exact mirror of your own comments throughout this thread.

The LEM was extensively tested, the Surveyor Rovers had successfully landed softly 5 out of 7 times well before the Apollo program got close to the moon. With the technology at the time, landing with a human directly at the controls was probably safer than remote-landing, not to mention that Apollo could build on lessons learnt from Surveyor.

Sounding a little like a broken record, but research helps oxo.

Lunar Landing Sites
Surveyor Missions

[edit on 2-8-2004 by Kano]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by oxo
what an idiotic simplification of what I've had to say.

we have two people sitting on pounds of explosive helium fuel whatever

Wow, talk about an �idiotic simplification,� with two factual errors in the same sentence to boot.

You are just digging yourself deeper into a hole, oxo

oxo

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
you see the thing about me is I don't really CARE what any of the billions of individuals who currently appear to be populating this planet may each think about the apollo program being a hoax or for real or not

the point is they [the apollo missions] were wrong..

human lives could and should not have been sacrificed (or even put at serious risk) just to bring back a bunch of ordinary rocks which robotic probes could've easily done.

further at a time and place when you weren't able to do this with robotic probes you shouldn't be trying to do this with humans in the first place.. there you go. could NASA actually launch something successfully to moon orbit TODAY? in 2004.. after having launched shuttles 100s of times? may just be. but probly after a few attempts.
in 69 on their very first try with 2 human lives at stake? most definitely not

even if we accept the fact that it was done for educational and entertainment value etc

it couldn't have been done without bothering to test out (and therefore develop) the vital components of this mechanism that made or broke this whole mission

and another important point is that

as it turns out

it never was

[edit on 2-8-2004 by oxo]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by oxoit couldn't have been done without bothering to test out (and therefore develop) the vital components of this mechanism that made or broke this whole mission

Uh, they were tested, quite extensively, surely if you were legitimately interested in the subject you would bother to read links and look into it instead of clinging to your ridiculous assertions?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by oxo
as it turns out

it never was

I

don't follow you..

It never

was

what

?

???

oxo

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by muppet

Originally posted by oxo
as it turns out

it never was

I

don't follow you..

It never

was

what

?

attempted

???

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
OXO... this is silly. Your approach is irritating. Your position has been overwhelmingly defeated over and over again. Why not attempt to approach this situation of your hoax position with some degree of logic. Locate the one or two pieces of evidence or documentation that best proves your position, and present it here for us to review. As it stands, all we have are your poorly constructed words, and nothing more.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Scores of videos and thousands of lunar images, which couldn't have been faked, prove otherwise.

oxo

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano

Originally posted by oxoit couldn't have been done without bothering to test out (and therefore develop) the vital components of this mechanism that made or broke this whole mission

Uh, they were tested, quite extensively, surely if you were legitimately interested in the subject you would bother to read links and look into it instead of clinging to your ridiculous assertions?

if you don't believe me you are not a sane person..
I know what I'm talking about
soon I will have a real probe sent to moon and beam minutes and minutes of images showing you plenty of nothing where armstrong's footsteps and remnants of LEM launches etc should be seen and you will be saying oxo is faking it and people will surely take it the wrong way and that's your story there my friend

what do I care about what you may have to say?
or if you may find my assertations ridiculous or queer?

exactly

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by oxo
if you don't believe me you are not a sane person..
I know what I'm talking about
soon I will have a real probe sent to moon and beam minutes and minutes of images showing you plenty of nothing where armstrong's footsteps and remnants of LEM launches etc should be seen and you will be saying oxo is faking it and people will surely take it the wrong way and that's your story there my friend

what do I care about what you may have to say?
or if you may find my assertations ridiculous or queer?

exactly

AHA, I was right, you are a troll.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
[fair warning]

Originally posted by oxo if you don't believe me you are not a sane person..
You're approaching the zone of becoming a disruptive element. Please help us understand your position (as I've indicated above) by actually providing links to content that you believe supports your assertions. Otherwise, if you continue to just argue through your own opinion and fractured thoughts, the thread will be closed. [fair warning] [edit on 2-8-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Quote from OXO: if you don't believe me you are not a sane person.. I know what I'm talking about soon I will have a real probe sent to moon and beam minutes and minutes of images showing you plenty of nothing where armstrong's footsteps and remnants of LEM launches etc should be seen and you will be saying oxo is faking it and people will surely take it the wrong way and that's your story there my friend

Ok Oxo, this really does not make sense. Here you are debunking thousands of video / stills along with hundreds (if not thousands) of eye witnesses (myself included as I lived only a few miles from Kennedy back then).
Now you state that you have the facilities to launch a mission to the moon to prove everything above is a hoax. What irrefutable proof will you be able to present? Not video / stills / eye witnesses / visible tech left on the moon (IE the Mirror for the laser that they are using for distance calculations).
What are you going to use to prove yourself that would not stand the test of time as not being faked. remember, you are debunking something that occured 35 years ago. Will your "proof" be enough to stand the debunking of people 35 years from now?
I love good debates but, if you are going to make statements like the above, you will need to back them up a bit.
Note, I am not trying to be nasty, but you left the door open on this one.

(edited fro spelling Sorry
)

[edit on 2-8-2004 by Kenshiro]

oxo

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
OXO... this is silly. Your approach is irritating. Your position has been overwhelmingly defeated over and over again.

Why not attempt to approach this situation of your hoax position with some degree of logic. Locate the one or two pieces of evidence or documentation that best proves your position, and present it here for us to review. As it stands, all we have are your poorly constructed words, and nothing more.

this doesn't sound like the words of someone who studied what I've posted thus far but as for another piece of evidence that moonlandings were a hoax
hows about the fact that 35 years after the landings NASA still has yet to develop the techology to enable a moonlanding. nevermind take off.

say they extended the fuel-range of the shuttle compromising from its cargo space etc.

can they then immediately land on the moon and launch the device they landed in back to orbit to dock with the shuttle?

without having tried this kind of launch with unmanned equipment first?

if your answer is yes your problem is you understand little or nothing about how science works, how progress is made and such.. or how things work in life in general.. you must have been missing the whole point of the RMS Titanic sinking story all your life.. I have no uncontrollable desire to make you believe or understand the facts as I perceive them.

it's your life.

it's your brain.

think about it.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Oxo, you still haven't explained about all the pictures, or the movies. You said earlier on that that stuff's easy to fake. Please elaborate, or at least post something in the way of evidence.

Ranting like a mad man isn't normally the best way to get your message across.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join