It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It does not matter where Obama was born or what nationality his father was.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17

Both James Buchanan and Chester Arthur had dual citizenship at their time of birth due to jus sanguinis. The nation didn't fall apart (well besides the fact Buchanan sucked) and fall victim to the British Empire during their presidencies.
edit on 4/27/2011 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)

It is nice to see that you took my advice on research. You uncovered the first presidential birther conspiracy (Arthur)!! I believe Buchanans case was much less controversial.
Just wanted to give props... Not here to bash.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

---------------
Again, there is a difference between citizen, natural born citizen, naturalized citizen.

USC 1401 does not grant “natural born Citizenship" to anyone. Natural born Citizens do not need man-made laws to grant them Citizenship. The facts of nature of their birth do that. The legal term of art “natural born Citizen” is not ...
puzo1.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by SG-17

3 generations? No. Only 14 years like the Constitution stipulates. Things change? Society changes? Yes. So we should just scrap the whole thing? Why not issue the Constitution to our soldiers as field toilet paper? The President took an oath to PRESERVE, protect and defend the Constitution... Gee if the Commander in Chief thinks its kinda important, dontcha think it might be? No wonder our country has been so weakened. It is spineless to let society, change, modernism, etc. trump the foundation that this country was built upon. It is lazy to not challenge everything both foreign and domestic that can come against our freedoms.

Yes, continue to put words into my mouth (where did I ever say to scrap the whole thing?).

This country was founded on the principles of freedom, equality (at that time only for white men), and isolationism (IE minding our own business). Humanism and enlightenment.

That mostly hasn't changed.

If you want to keep with the original intent of the founders we should withdraw all troops from everywhere and leave the UN. But we can't, why? The world is too interconnected now there is no avoiding other nations anymore. Why not make it so that only white men have equality too?

The Constitution is a living document, it always has been, it always will be. Why else can Amendments void older Amendments or alter Articles? Hell if the original intent wasn't that the Constitution was a living document they wouldn't have included Article 5.

Also the reason our nation is falling is not because our foundation is being weakened, it is due to an overabundance of ignorance and outright stupidity. The Tea Party comes to mind instantly.

For the record- I was asking if we should scrap the whole thing. Sorry if it read like I implied you said it.

I do not agree that the Constitution is a living document. I believe it is a standard by which we should adhere. For this reason I believe Article 5 is necessary. But this has descended to semantics.

I also stand by my opinion for the PRIMARY reason for the decline of our nation- however, I do agree with your insight on the ignorance and stupidity - and as for the Tea Party- finally something we agree on!!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Habit4ming
reply to post by SG-17

---------------
Again, there is a difference between citizen, natural born citizen, naturalized citizen.

USC 1401 does not grant “natural born Citizenship" to anyone. Natural born Citizens do not need man-made laws to grant them Citizenship. The facts of nature of their birth do that. The legal term of art “natural born Citizen” is not ...
puzo1.blogspot.com...

Laws are needed to clear up definitions so that people can't dispute them.

Obama may not be a great president (we haven't had one since Eisenhower), but he is a legitimate president.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Of course it matters!!!!! if he cannot show an important part of his job application then he should of not of got the job.
The people have demanded him to show his birth certificate therefore he HAS to show it............and now he has........but a lot of things still don't add up.

But even if you showed his birth certificate was completely fake, and he and his father were both born in Kenya, he'd still legally be a citizen. That is the point, don't you see? You're completely wasting your time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join