It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernanke Speaks- *Prepare For Hyperinflation*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Everyone has been saying that China is going to dump the dollar for years now..Why would they do that? It is like trying to put out a fire by throwing more gas on it. It's not going to happen that way. When the proper time comes soon, the world markets will tank again(After the various central banks, hedge funds, and wall street types are full up short the markets) and the dollar will be looked at as a temporary safe haven. Just like last time. Once the various central banks, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds and wall street types feel it's time, they will cover thier shorts. Once again stealing 100's of $billions from mom and pop, 401k's and pension funds.

They will then turn around and buy cheap assets at fire sale prices, only to watch the bubble build again.

rinse and repeat.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

On a personal note; I also wonder what will happen to all the Senors and disabled. Will they be shipped to psychiatric wards and nursing homes. Ive seen some very sad videos about "hospital dumping" it showed an old homeless woman dropped off in her night gown with no where to go because she ran out of insurance. It happens frequently. Who will fund these group homes? I think it could bring down the hospitals. Many will die. They have a hidden agenda to only help those who have a higher survival rate.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomadmonkey
Everyone has been saying that China is going to dump the dollar for years now..Why would they do that? It is like trying to put out a fire by throwing more gas on it. It's not going to happen that way. When the proper time comes soon, the world markets will tank again(After the various central banks, hedge funds, and wall street types are full up short the markets) and the dollar will be looked at as a temporary safe haven. Just like last time. Once the various central banks, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds and wall street types feel it's time, they will cover thier shorts. Once again stealing 100's of $billions from mom and pop, 401k's and pension funds.

They will then turn around and buy cheap assets at fire sale prices, only to watch the bubble build again.

rinse and repeat.

China is a communist country. They only pretend to like the US because we were the goose laying the golden eggs. The golden eggs are gone. They will fight for global power one day. They will tolerate us until our credit rating is shot. In less than 5 years the era of the US will be gone and China will be the richest nation. This is not speculation. It's documented.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Here is a quote from the movie Network. Your assertion that China is a communist country really means nothing. It is ebb and flow.

You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Beale, and I won't have it!! Is that clear?! You think you've merely stopped a business deal. That is not the case. The Arabs have taken billions of dollars out of this country, and now they must put it back! It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity! It is ecological balance! You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no third worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariate, multi-national dominion of dollars. Petro-dollars, electro-dollars, multi-dollars, Reichmarks, Yen, Rubles, Pounds, and Shekels. It is the international system of currency which determines the totality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today! And YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature, and YOU WILL ATONE! Am I getting through to you, Mr. Beale? You get up on your little twenty-one inch screen and howl about America and democracy. There is no America. There is no democracy. There is only IBM and ITT and AT&T and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide, and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today. What do you think the Russians talk about in their councils of state ó Karl Marx? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions and investments, just like we do. We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies, Mr. Beale. The world is a college of corporations, inexorably determined by the immutable bylaws of business. The world is a business, Mr. Beale. It has been since man crawled out of the slime. And our children will live, Mr. Beale, to see that perfect world in which there's no war or famine, oppression or brutality ó one vast and ecumenical holding company, for whom all men will work to serve a common profit, in which all men will hold a share of stock, all necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused.~

Read more: www.finestquotes.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I don't even pretend to have an understanding of global economics, the only thing I can see is patterns, build up the market and cause it to crash repeatedly from the time it started. Companies that are worth a billion today but get the stock wiped in half because of some rumour that a banker starts still has the same assets and are still employing the same people and making the same product and still selling the same amount of said product. so really it's worth the same amount. Told you I don't get it
. Its just a big game with the big players making the rules up as they go along. Maybe I'm a simpleton but does the MARKET really need to be there at all ? We need banks to transfer money from one place to another to pay for goods and to let us little people get our wages, but what else do we really need them for ?

Reminds me of a Tom Clancy book where cyber terrorism caused the market to collapse. All the world leaders got together said what are we going to do about this then ?. Simple answer roll back the clock 3 days give everyone back what they had then and pretend it didn't happen, fiction I know but so is the market.
edit on 28-4-2011 by JustXeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JustXeno

Maybe it is simple? Maybe the most simple answer is the true answer? It reminds me of one thing that happened to me. There was 3 or 4 engineers and head honchos standing around, wondering why a complicated piece of machinery was not working. I sat back and took a look, as they speculated about blown fuses and cut wires. Maybe it was the hydraulics gone bad? After a few minutes i just walked up and pulled up the big red "Shut it down now" kill button. It then worked. We all had a good laff.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustXeno
I

Reminds me of a Tom Clancy book where cyber terrorism caused the market to collapse. All the world leaders got together said what are we going to do about this then ?. Simple answer roll back the clock 3 days give everyone back what they had then and pretend it didn't happen, fiction I know but so is the market.

From what i have seen, the ones who cause it, are also the ones who benifit from the "roll back" . Its like having your cake and eating it too er something.

Edit: It's very complex, and lots of fingers are pointed. But the fingers are always pointed at the wrong guys.

JMHO.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Nomadmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomadmonkey

Yes I understand that much
, I've been up all night it's 9am so I'm not compus mentus now but I think I posted that to try and Illustrate my thoughts that it is all smoke and no substance really. Not that I think the consequences of the few that are getting ready to mop all they can when they've driven the market as low as they can again is smoke far from it.
edit on 28-4-2011 by JustXeno because: tiredness when first posted.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
sorry guys but i can't seem to find the story about this. anyone have a handy link or google search terms. i found nothing of him actually talking about it, just news stories talking about him talking about it (very briefly) and didn't see anything of what he's actually said.

I don't recall him saying "prepare for hyperinflation" I think the title of the thread is a little misleading. Basically he said we'll keep printing money till june then maybe keep going.

Well... Hyperinflation is the expected outcome of printing money willy-nilly...

I have been waiting for it - and now, it is nigh upon us. Prices are on the rise, and I expect it to run away into hyperinflation by the end of the year.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Do you have any idea of how to get us out of this defecit?

War. Or ending social services and redundant government programs.. but that would just destroy our economy. So ..... War.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

More war? Or not having three (4?) expensive wars that do not benefit the US as a nation but instead further the interests of resource hunting corporations and the infrastructure rebuilders?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thier trying to crash the system here thats what thier doing. it seems like politicians, CEO's are cashing in as much as they can, before it all falls apart,..they will have already bought thier defenses and survival things and security. it also goes to show, he, bernenke, and those telling us everythig is ok have flat out lied to us all

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Its also why they are trying to burn through as many of our military resources as they possibly can. Move as much of our military might away from the continental US as possible. Just like a lot of the USSRs military disappeared after their collapse, expect that here too.

The globalists are going to end up with our military.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Don't benefit the nation?

War was the main driving of the US economy from 2001-2007. It actually ended the recession in 2003.

Wars make money. The Government might not make money, but the Government isn't the economy is it?

But to be fair.. it would have to be a very, very destructive war.. a war so powerful and destructive, as well as expansive across numerous theaters that they would require our assistance in rebuilding. Which our corporations will gladly do.

WW1 and WW2 were both bad for governments, technically.. the war and aftermath very good for economies.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustXeno
I don't even pretend to have an understanding of global economics, the only thing I can see is patterns, build up the market and cause it to crash repeatedly from the time it started. Companies that are worth a billion today but get the stock wiped in half because of some rumour that a banker starts still has the same assets and are still employing the same people and making the same product and still selling the same amount of said product. so really it's worth the same amount. Told you I don't get it
. Its just a big game with the big players making the rules up as they go along. Maybe I'm a simpleton but does the MARKET really need to be there at all ? We need banks to transfer money from one place to another to pay for goods and to let us little people get our wages, but what else do we really need them for ?

I dont have the whole grasp on global econimics either. Round 2 will start in Fall of 2011 and will be dumped. I must differ a bit on the companies have the same number of employees. The reason they are making a come back is they laid most people off to cut costs. consumer confidence sucks, they ignor Bernanke, the VIX went wild, the fact remains that they are making a lot of dough. since this is not a normal business cycle we dont know what to expect. I dont have a magic ball but mark my words, and (I hope no one from Wall street reads this) The market will crash in Fall, I have no doubts. Any time you play the DOW and know you have no other choice but to continue to make more money is truley the time to Get OUT. I'm not talking about quarterly reports either.

Back to your theory of a cyber war,, YES the markets can be manipulated by the governement but many say "why would they do that" one reason only and I think you know why! Never trust a word out of Bernankes mouth. also Timmy Geitner wanted out but stayed. What does that say?

To answer your queston. No the market never needed to be there. We were living in a time of prosperity, no one expected 2008! The stock market was never intended to control the economy and didnt until the 80's. Not even the f/ederal Reserve can stop it. Too big to fail syndrome plus 100,000,000,000

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Starred your reply for a well thought out answer.

Now for my not so thought out answer to your question, only reason that I can think of is make things so bad that whatever they propose next is the only thing the populace have to grab onto, so in essence the new world currency works in this equation Hope = world currency and everything that it entails, in most people's eyes.
edit on 30-4-2011 by JustXeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Don't benefit the nation?

Wars make money. The Government might not make money, but the Government isn't the economy is it?

Thats a nice quote.
edit on 30-4-2011 by Nomadmonkey because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2011 by Nomadmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by ziggy1706

Its also why they are trying to burn through as many of our military resources as they possibly can. Move as much of our military might away from the continental US as possible. Just like a lot of the USSRs military disappeared after their collapse, expect that here too.

The globalists are going to end up with our military.

This is why i come here. To read stuff like this. It's hard to wrap ones head around the "total" picture, and ATS members always help fill in the blanks.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arcade425
I'm not nervous about this I just wanna be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Then Buy Commodities and Quick because it is going to happen the "Federal" Reserve is not about to raise interest rates and continues to run the printing press. So when it all goes down, the only "rich" people will be those with silver and gold and platinum and palladium.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Do you have any idea of how to get us out of this defecit?

War. Or ending social services and redundant government programs.. but that would just destroy our economy. So ..... War.

War will only cause more dept. War does not create employment like it did in the 40's and 50's now all it does is create dept. More money being either borrowed from the FedRes or Selling Bonds to Foreign Countries which as we know China is not to happy about holding. So no I disagree wholeheartedly WAR is not the answer. Disbanding Immediately the FedRes is, it holds no securities and creates money out of nothing. Not only that it has confessed to causing the Great Depression. What people call the "Business Cycle" is nothing more then a smokescreen for the FedRes/Banks to call in their loans and not loan any further thus decreasing the supply of money thus causing wide spread poverty. But this time the FedRes is in a pickle because it tried to bail out the very banks that have stock in the FedRes, so all of a sudden the government says print more money we need more money to stabilize this economy and so they do, but it hasn't helped has it. 44million people in the USA receive some form of assistance. There is no employment for the middle class and unfortunately I believe Obama will be the 44th and last president of the United States now for who becomes the president of the North American Union will have to see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join