It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight horses burned to death in barn fire in apparent anti-gay hate crime attack in Ohio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Eight horses - one just a week old and another ready to give birth - died in a raging barn fire in Ohio that lawmen think was set because of hatred for gays.

Because Whitehouse is gay and fire marshals determined the blaze was arson, the scrawlings (anti gay slogans) were enough for authorities to launch an investigation into whether a hate crime had been committed.

The value of the horses was said to be in hundreds of thousands of dollars but Whitehouse, who owns an insurance company in the tiny village in southeastern Ohio, was hurt far more by the loss of Elvis, Barney, Love, Bella and Ethel, Floyd and Princess and her week-old foal, Buddy.

I can't even fathom this kind of hate... I just can't.

"I just don't understand someone wanting to kill innocent animals. It's like killing a child."

N YDailyNews

I really hope our ATS friends from Ohio - do everything possible to find these FREAKS and make sure they get nailed...hard!

To take out senseless hate on defenseless animals???

Humanity just got uglier.

peace

edit on 27-4-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That's a horrible story. There are some real idiots out there that place no value on ANY life. These are the sort of fools that start at something like killing innocent animals and move on to doing real harm to, or killing people. A dose of their own medicine is what they need!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Very soon, some folks will be along to pretend that the justice system doesn't routinely determine intent, motivation and state of mind when classifying crimes, and to act as if the addition of terroristic threats to a violent crime should just be ignored.

I'm so sure they would feel the same way if a bunch of militant gay people started attacking straight people for being straight. Yeah, they'd definitely be fine with that. None of them have ever complained about gay people being in their faces just by merely saying things like "this is the person I love". No, when it's them being made to feel uncomfortable, it's everyone else's fault, but let someone who hates gay people commit actual violence, and suddenly discomfort is the problem of the person feeling it.
edit on 27-4-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button gave me a kiss last night

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

[sarcasm ] yeah - this makes perfect sense if you hate homosexuals , burn thier horses - that will teach them [ /sarcasm ]

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There are some sick SOBs in this world. I hope karma catches up with them real fast.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ya know I honestly hate bringing news like this to the threads.

But on the other hand we have to do ALL WE CAN to EXPOSE this type of IGNORANCE!

Seriously! When will this hatred end!!!

Why is it so bloomin hard for people to live and let live. I just don't get it.

Why go out of your way to burn down a barn, with innocent animals, babies, and babies yet to be born, just because you don't like who their owner sleeps with at night - like it's any of your FREAKIN BUSINESS WHO OR WHAT OR WHERE SOMEONE ELSE 'SLEEPS' ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy hell just when I thought ignorance couldn't go more wrong...

top topics

join