It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police storm Wrong House with armed federal judge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Police storm Wrong House with armed federal judge

www.nbcmiami.com

Police in response to a burglery call and a bad address stormed the house of a judge in Dad county who happened to have a permit to carry a firearm. This could have went real bad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Personally it seems like the neighbor was trying to start a gun fight between a judge and the police department. The caller called both the police and the resident. Getting them both alert and armed. This goes to show you at any given time in this country almost no matter who you are. You could be looking down the barrel of a police officers gun and be completely innocent. This happen last week the lady wasn't a judge and they shot her dog. There was an ATS thread about it. I suggest reading the article.

www.nbcmiami.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
This goes to show you at any given time in this country almost no matter who you are. You could be looking down the barrel of a police officers gun and be completely innocent. This happen last week the lady wasn't a judge and they shot her dog.

We shouldnt have to live like this.

These arent mistakes that can be made. Not acceptable.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So a neighbor calls the police, gives them a bogus address, sees the police outside thier neighbors house, calls the neighbor, tells them a robber is outside their home and the police are to blame?

That stupid neighbor should be thrown in jail.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What would of happened if she shot the cop? That's what I would have done. You point a gun through my window, I'm going to feel threatened and shoot. I would win that case to

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

Of course they are to blame. Not entirely but their violent and aggressive action is what put them both at gunpoint.

These are the same police who will sit idly by in a parking lot while a massacre occurs in a school or sit and wait outside a building while children burn to death and their killers run out the back door.

It's like they choose to escalate the hell out of non-issues without a second thought and choose to completely ignore life and death urgency.

Why risk their lives to save anybody but when they can barge in full force guns drawn on some two-bit burglar or pot head they jump at the chance to get their "tacti-cool" photos all over the news.

Here's a nice example: sucidal man neighborhood lockdown

Reports a man may be suicidal and may have a shotgun in his home. What do they do? Evacuate the entire block and set up snipers and begin referring to the man as a "target."

Can't miss that awesome posturing moment.

Another: Cops wait while family burns to death

They just hang loose while a mother and her two children die of smoke inhalation. That one was too risky I guess.

It's like they live in bizarro world and do the exact opposite of what any sane man would do.
edit on 27-4-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: fixed a link

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong and misguided it is.

That neighbor could have caused a serious accident, if someone had been killed it would have been a result of his ignorance.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If you watch the video, the news anchor says that the neighbor called police and gave them the address of the home next door to where the judge was, and that the cops got the wrong house.

It also says that the neighbor who called the cops did indeed call where the judge was and told them about the burglar.

How do the cops keep getting the wrong address all the time? It seems these cases are happening more and more..

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
How do the cops keep getting the wrong address all the time? It seems these cases are happening more and more..

According to an alleged cop poster in another thread cops get addresses wrong hundreds of times a day. I'll see if I can find that post. Here it is.

It's become the universal "not may fault" excuse. Plausible deniability. And with the nationwide low IQ hiring practice it's easy to believe they really didnt know any better. How could they? They're all special after all. Like trained dogs. Though even a dog can think and question once in a while.

Oh, I smashed in your door, killed your dog, beat up your kids and shot your wife in the leg when she aimed her gun at me thinking I wasnt allowed by virtue of my grand and righteous employment to be in your house? Well, we got the wrong addy, my bad."

Que goofy music and laugh track. It's the next hit reality TV show. COPS Bloopers. Nobody cares whose lives are ruined because it's just TV.
edit on 27-4-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
My favorite part of this ordeal is what the Judge said @ the end:

"And, you know, the cop that had his gun on me, he said ‘well, I was fearing for my life.’ I said ‘really! You were fearing for your life? Really?’ He said ‘forget it - I'm out of here.'"

Opens the Judge's eyes to the excuse used over and over again by the cops that testify in her court room... "I feared for my life"

Side Note: My girlfriend is a correctional officer, I've been with her for years and when she was being 'trained' for her job, she was INSTRUCTED that if any use of force was ever dished out to an inmate all she had to say over and over is "I was in fear of my life" like a broken record....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Becoming

Of course they are to blame. Not entirely but their violent and aggressive action is what put them both at gunpoint.

my thoughts exactly
hand guns are created to protect people from other people with hand guns
wtf?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

It's like they live in bizarro world and do the exact opposite of what any sane man would do.

'Officer Safety'... it takes precedence.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by greenovni

They're a frightened bunch they are.

You have to wonder why a group that so perpetually fears for their lives would take a job in this line of work.

But Carmita was downright angry. Remember the man outside her kitchen window who pointed a gun at her? Still wearing her pajamas and footies, she approached him afterward. “I said ‘you had a gun pointed at me!’ He said ‘because I felt threatened.’ I said ‘threatened how?'"

She said other officers explained to her that they have families, too, and they want to make it home alive each night. But she says they did so in a condescending way, lecturing her as if she’d done something wrong.

That sums up just about every damn cop and cop interaction right there.

And of course:

Carmita says she just wanted someone that night to apologize.
nobody did.

It's never their fault. They never do anything wrong at all. They're holy blessed saints and when their kicking in your door you should be thankful they are there fearing for their lives.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Once again you are continuing your rants of rediculousness.

The previous post and this one are two completely different situations.

For everyone's reference. in the previous the officer went to the home knocked on the door to see if a wanted man was living there. It turns out he did not but was accosted by a dog and was forced to shoot it.

In this situation, it was a call for a burglary in progress. It sounds like the neighbor gave the wrong address and the police attempted to search the area for the right house coming across the Judge's house.

Were the police justified to have their weapons out due to the nature of the call. I would say yes. Was the judge justified in being upset? Absolutely. After identifying the judge and identifying that it was the wrong house, should the police have apologized and not been so agressive? Yes, it sounds like if they would have apologized, backed off and explained she would not have complained.

Please do not allow those among you to trick you by claiming the police always shoot innocent people while leaving children in houses to be burned alive.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010
Please do not allow those among you to trick you by claiming the police always shoot innocent people while leaving children in houses to be burned alive.

ONE is too many.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
'Officer Safety'... it takes precedence.

Maybe so in a Police State.

They are EMPLOYEES of We the People who chose of their own free will to take a job that has the potential for life threatening situations. They are not "officials" or any other buzzword used to make them above We the People. They are employees who chose their line of work.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I sleep with a gun next to my bed. If a cop broke in my house and slamed into my room "in the wrong house" and i shoot because i think he is a robber what happens to me? do i go to jail because the cop scared ths S*** out of me and i shot him?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Thank God volunteer firemen aren't paid to run around wearing guns & badges. All our houses would burn down.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I sleep with a gun next to my bed. If a cop broke in my house and slamed into my room "in the wrong house" and i shoot because i think he is a robber what happens to me? do i go to jail because the cop scared ths S*** out of me and i shot him?

i'm no lawyer. i don't even play one on TV. but in this hypothetical situation, dollars to donuts you would be eating prison food until your last meal. with the scenario where policeperson is in your house, and it is the wrong house, i'm thinking you've already had your last meal. the policeperson will have 8 weeks paid off from work while a blue ribbon panel of their peers clears them of any wrongdoing, calling your murder by some fancy technical name.

best bet: sleep in the garage next to the sweet camaro!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

Originally posted by camaro68ss

i'm no lawyer. i don't even play one on TV. but in this hypothetical situation, dollars to donuts you would be eating prison food until your last meal. with the scenario where policeperson is in your house, and it is the wrong house, i'm thinking you've already had your last meal. the policeperson will have 8 weeks paid off from work while a blue ribbon panel of their peers clears them of any wrongdoing, calling your murder by some fancy technical name.

best bet: sleep in the garage next to the sweet camaro!

thats what i was afread of. So now i have to hesatate before i shot. awsome

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join