It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Thinks You're A Jerk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This composition is from the mid-1980s, and is, for the most part, about Jim and Tammy Bakker and how TV evangelists are only in it to sucker you out of your money while pushing political objectives. The specific subject matter may be a bit outdated, but Frank's message to think for yourself and not get suckered in by religious zealots who clearly have their own nefarious objectives to push is eternally good advice. And, it is a great song. Please enjoy, especially all you religious folk.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You've opened the flood gates of hell now mate.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Forgot about this one.

My all time Fav is still Joe's Garage!

Thanks for the flash back.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I have been thinking about that very song lately,man I miss Frank...got 200 of his vinyl but no replacement for watching live..peace Ya'll

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

i will always have a soft spot for Joe's Garage too...im eternally thankful for being turned on to that album when i was 14, and 17 years later, im still enthralled by the man's music...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I saw Frank on that tour in DC *88? mb, he had Daniel Schorr ( a great reporter) come out onstage and give a short talk too.
Zappa had such a great sense of humor.
Jim N' Tammy, Gotta gOoOooOoo! and they did!

I had a band and we covered Joe's Garage as a 3 peice. Doing Central Scrutinizer parts was the most fun ever.

top topics

join