It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police dress up as doctors to test citizens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Ever heard of the Milgram experiment where people "shocked" experimental participants to the point of "death" just because an authority figure told them to do so?

From the wiki:

The Milgram experiment on obedience to authority figures was a series of social psychology experiments conducted by Yale University psychologist Stanley Milgram, which measured the willingness of study participants to obey an authority figure who instructed them to perform acts that conflicted with their personal conscience. Milgram first described his research in 1963 in an article published in the Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology,[1] and later discussed his findings in greater depth in his 1974 book, Obedience to Authority: An Experimental View.[2]

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
Ever heard of the Milgram experiment where people "shocked" experimental participants to the point of "death" just because an authority figure told them to do so?

Yes i think they were called NAZI

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think most Americans would take the pill offered by the fake doctor. It would be an interesting experiment to do here. I have several experiments like that planned. The wallet test was one I wish I had done. www.wallettest.com...
To find out that people behave so contrary to morals and logic is so entertaining.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Cool find.
Im not sure why I still find it shocking though to see just how easy it is to manipulate people.
It is truly amazing and horrifying to see what a 'regular' person can do, guided under the right circumstances.

How easily we can be lied to... The fact that they admitted it afterwards does not change the face the Police lied to the people, to protect the people. Do we trust the police?
Though I must say, I'm actually impressed by the police. They had a problem with their people being blindly burgled, knew that simply saying "be aware" wouldn't cause the people to be aware, so role played the situation. Quite out the box thinking.

As to whether us Westeners could be as easily fooled? Sure we could. We love our free samples
Put it in a supermarkert/mall and we'll take it

Also, so many people still let the meter man check their meter without one asking for proof of identity.

Now to check out that guys wallet test link

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonpie86
How easily we can be lied to... The fact that they admitted it afterwards does not change the face the Police lied to the people, to protect the people. Do we trust the police?
Though I must say, I'm actually impressed by the police. They had a problem with their people being blindly burgled, knew that simply saying "be aware" wouldn't cause the people to be aware, so role played the situation. Quite out the box thinking.

Must be another dark motive for the police, how could a warning be less affective

telling them that people come to your house to give you pills and rob you. should be enough.
i would obay no need to really take anything at all.

i am picturing a police saying to another police, a well we did warn them...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Oh how the questions sometimes burn from within. Why can't my mind just say oooh clever police and move on to the next topic.Perhaps there are darker motives here. This is the Turkish police afterall, who are highly involved in intelligence and counter-terrorist operations. Though I was under the impression that they have to show their badge before approaching civilians...
Also, this would have involved alot of police time, effort and resources. This neighbourhood gang must of been some threat. Had warnings been issued prior and ignored? Who put the pressure on for this to be done?
So many questions.
I think the greatest question of all is why someone would open the door after it is announced by an unfamiliar voice that its a burglar?

***HOPE --> There might be some policemen who are as welcoming as the citizens, who simply need a conspirator to walk up and say, " I am a conspirator. I am a truth seeker. Let me check your secret police files."
Granted.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
You all just failed the test. You can say you won't do this or that, but if the person knocking on your door has an ID and a badge, you'd fall for it.

Doctors can be police officials, and police officials can be doctors.

edit on 4/27/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

Probably, but I personally don`t trust doctors much more than regular scammers anyway, so it won`t make a difference.
Taking pills from someone knocking on your door, be it doctor or not, is stupid beyond belief.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arcade425
You can't do that in America. You'd get shot if you went door to door trying to hand out pills.

dood. just don't knock on my door if the wifes asleep, thats all i ask.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join