It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were told to relocate because there is an ELE comming. Will you go Underground, if told to??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
if its a huge solar flare like in knowing, not even underground can save u i believe. also ill hijack a helicopter and stay mid air if its a asteroid hit

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
First of all there's not enough room underground for much of the population. That leaves government workers who are in a position to put themselves in government sponsored spaces and the private individuals and corporations who will put themselves in their spaces. I don't belong to either group so, at this point I wont be invited.

Though If I did have enough warning I might find myself an unoccupied cave, cavern or mine to hide in for the period of time my food supply could last.

So, No I won't be invited, but yes if given a chance I would try to survive. Omega man is me.
edit on 28-4-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Simple answer of yes or no.

Would you go underground if broadcasted all over world thru ALL media outlets incoming ELE related situation due here in 72 hours. And ALL the nations of the world interestingly opened up certain facilities unknown till now to hide civilian population underground. So these are basically civilian type deep underground bases. Do you go because your told or do you stay and do what you want...

Be well

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

edit on 4/27/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Possibly, yes. I'd have to weigh the evidence.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
NO, I`d stay right where I am

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I really don't know what I'd do, if I was single I would not go, but having 2 children and a chance to save them even if it was a 1% chance of survival if I followed orders, knowing it would be a 100% death if I didn't go, I'd have to take the 100 to 1 shot and give the kids a chance of living their lives.
edit on 28-4-2011 by JustXeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JustXeno

EXACTLY !!! STAR and Flag for O.P , and star for u Just Xeno ,

I have kids , alot of em ,

Change my name to Mole , cause a undaground ere we come ...LOL
My kids is my Duty and Care ,
I corrected my wife when she said she wouldnt go anywhere , If it was just me and you babe ' id be smoking chu chu , reading the rastafarian bible , and drinking , all on my front lawn ! In the nude ! With a portable stereo , and a cardboard cutout , In case i wanna do some nude breakdancin !
But No ....
The kids come first , so ill be heading underground , but if any thing goes down , (reptillians etc etc)
Ill be amongst the first wave to start the rebellion ...
edit on 28-4-2011 by StaceyWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Have to agree with this synopsis. What would be the point of trying to survive an ELE? The only reason we've got mamals left from the last one is because they didn't have a clue about what had just happened so they didn't miss much! I on the other hand am not willing to go on without delivery pizza and x-box

edit on 28-4-2011 by CosmosKid because: spelling

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I'm gonna ask for the spot where it hit (whatever it is) ...... and go there on that day so that I can rejoin my ancestors or going to the next dimension faster.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

Look at the bright side though, knowing somewhere out there in the multiverse you won't have had children so you will be sitting naked having a smoke and listening to bob with your wife, who knows I might even be sat there partaking with you, I think I'd still have my pants on though lol and my last thoughts would still be I wish I'd worked out how to use the three sea shells from demolition man.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JustXeno

LOL n,cheers
yeah i might have to rethink the nude bit ,lol, might go the mankini at least ha!
Multiverse huh , okay

Keep a watch for my new thead , Multiverse Leaking !! You too O.P

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Simple answer of yes or no.

Would you go underground if broadcasted all over world thru ALL media outlets incoming ELE related situation due here in 72 hours. And ALL the nations of the world interestingly opened up certain facilities unknown till now to hide civilian population underground. So these are basically civilian type deep underground bases. Do you go because your told or do you stay and do what you want...

Be well

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

edit on 4/27/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Nice post.

This is a trick question. There is not ELE but the powers-that-be want everyone herded underground so they bs people with the broadcast.

The people who are above ground probably find it's either nothing at all or nearly as bad as the ptb are making out. It could even be 'benevolents' coming to say hello

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This thread should be in the Philosophy and Metaphysics area, because the very description of an Extinction Level Event means the end of life so if there isn't a sufficient amount of resources underground to survive until life on the surface can regenerate there is no point in going underground to prolong an inevitable end of life.

Or maybe this thread belongs in the Social Issues and Civil Unrest with its heavy undertones of governmental or authoritative distrust, also could be hinting at Secret Societies, where I can only see is the point of an undefined or poorly understood definition of a black hole belongs.

If there was a 72 hour advanced notice of an ELE approaching it would be more clearly defined as to what was approaching, a comet or asteroid impact event, an indescribable solar disturbance, an orbital shift or rotational slowing (somehow), a hostile alien race attack or something other than a black hole which defines the end of anything near, including underground.

Anyway if something foretold was about to occur in this day and age of instant communication we would have some idea what it is approaching, which would be the determining factor as to what would govern our response.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I would but i would like to be near an opening to the surface just in case of earthquakes and i would always be on the move if possible.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Watchman27

Well what comes to mind as well are all those underground caves systems we have discussed so many times here on ATS over the years. The ones where the gov supposedly stores food. They were creepy and we have talked here about those very same caves systems being used in an emergency situation even though there have been some really bizarre claims of individuals having witnessed reptilian type beings sighted in them.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Given the option I would consider it, for a few minutes, before deciding I'd rather comfort my family in their last moments and thank Mother Earth for her energy throughout my life before returning my body to her.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I just don't know if going underground is really the best idea. Most ideas of any upcoming ELE is that there will be massive earthquakes, tsunamis, and volcano eruptions that go along with it...again like other people stated, depending on the cause of the ELE. I just haven't seen any evidence stating that being inside the crust is a better alternative to being on top of it if any of the previously stated happens. Wouldn't the water seep into the caves, along with the lava? Also, wouldn't severe earthquakes alter the internal structures of these caves?

Disclaimer...I'm a single guy with no kids. If I had a wife and kids to worry about, I might think slightly different.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
No! I defenitly believe that going underground would NOT be a good decision. At first it's not certain that this underground shelter would protect against all kinds of ELE's. On the other hand I strongly believe strickt order have to be kept in the underground area's. The decision-makers would have very strickt rules about how to behave. I'm pretty certain that in time people would kill each other for status or belongings. It would be a bit comparible with being in prision.

And how would you protect such a area from deseases? How would they keep other area's from being infected with a certain desease? You can bet you would not want to be in the contaminated area, because I'm sure they would isolate it letting everybody to die.

No, I would prefer being hit with a astroid on my head!

edit on 28/4/2011 by saturnus1962 because: typo's

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'd go. I mean... the government isnt a single entity. People run the government, and I doubt they'd want their families dead, so I think that it'd be rather safe down there. Or that would be my way of justifying it. But i'd have my trusty Desert Eagle and my k-bar just incase. But then again, I work for the government technically soooo, i don't know. I could probably help in some way. Depending on what the event is.

If its a planet destroying ELE.. then I'd probably spend my last few minutes with my head between my legs kissing my behind goodbye.

If it was like... and invasion of rabid dinosaurs... or zombies... then I'd probably be shooting my way out.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
definitely not. Who wants to survive the crap world after an ELE anyway? It could take a few hundred years before it was even habitable again. Living in a crowded cave dealing with a police state only to eventually die a slow painful death from disease or starvation is not for me. I'll just sit on the porch, get drunk, smoke some L's and wait for the show of a lifetime to begin, and always have my shotgun on my side for a quick off of myself if the incoming ELE was going to be too painful of a death (drowning, fire, etc) lol.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Nope...I am going out like the dinosaurs... Grazing, ignorant of the coming event

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join