It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad news !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Why put SETI down ? only lack of founding or something else ?

Links ; www.seti.org...
www.dailygalaxy.com...

I feel really sad man.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by callacas

Because NSA has released UFO documents and SETI doesn't want that we know the truth................i think

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I think some donations are in order.. Come on people help save SETI we can't let our search for E.T life die with SETI..

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Yes! The last thing we need is for the military to take it over. That has been discussed as an option as they hold high interest in SETI's research....hmmm

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm sure the Elite bought SETI for their own research and therefore booted the government's (ie. your) funding for it so that it is no longer a public issue, but a corporate private issue instead

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If you use search or the recent posts page there are a few of these threads already.

I liked SETI too and was surprised to see it go but not all that surprised.

Here is one from a couple days ago
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4/27/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Don't worry, man. Government probably just cut funding since all the anecdotal evidence we have already effectively proves that there's intelligent life other than humanity already visiting this planet anyway.

Interpretation of what exactly the phenomena is aside, who knows whether or not they'll ever come out and admit it, but with the US being in as bad fiscal shape as it is at this point, might as well end one charade when it's obviously extraneous anyway.

No worries, friend, you'll get your disclosure and confirmation!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
More and more great sites have been dying off and being taking away lately.. I suggest we don't take what we have here for granted.. Because like many other Great things.. It may one day be gone..

I'm starting to see a trend here.. If it brings intelligence to any (non mainstream) topic in any way.. It will eventually be silenced..

But you cant silence the truth forever..

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I wish I had a bunch of money. I would donate.

Sadly, I cannot.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by callacas
Why put SETI down ? only lack of founding or something else ?

Links ; www.seti.org...
www.dailygalaxy.com...

I feel really sad man.

Be glad SETI had been put down. It had been an unconscionable waste of innocent humans' funding for a massive lie of searching for extra-terresterial life when UFOs had been zipping around our skies for centuries right under our noses, witnessed by 15 million people in modern times, not just one person, and an unknown aerial presence admitted by several govs around the world.

The gravy train for such lies by SETI have to stop, and resources reallocated for better uses such as research into tapping and finding out the energy sources of the UFOs in our skies, such as power signatures and communication wavelengths, so that we may find out more about them first than to ignore what is above our heads right now and not something far out light years away in the galaxies.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I really don't know how "sad" this is. SETI has been operational for decades now and has contributed absolutely NOTHING in the search for ETI.

If you guys want to discover ETI then your money would be better donated to ATS.
Or better yet, a 30 sec ad during the super bowl encouraging the people who have already been working
with these intelligences to come forward.

I find it funny, in this day and age, that therre are still people who feel we need to "search" for ETI.
News flash folks........IT'S ALREADY HERE!!!!!
Reminds me of people who search desparately for the sunglasses that are on top of their head or the keys that are
in their hand.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

They don't need to pick up the messages of the Aliens out there, as they did in secret for years. The Aliens are here. Encounter of the Third Kind.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Here is a link to an article I wrote and published on my own website that addresses my views on SETI

forum4.aimoo.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Meanwhile, as the SETI Institute tries to get private donations and public grants to pull the Allen telescope array out of hibernation, SETI At Home (not directly affiliated with the SETI Institute) continues to get observation time at Arecibo radio telescope:

setiathome.berkeley.edu...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
As someone already suggested, if SETI is not given public funding then there would be no need to tell the public, therefore SETI is integrated with other secret projects.

Or it could be that we have already made contact with aliens and there is no point wasting further money on the project.

Or it could be that there is no alien life out there so why waste millions on something that does not exist. But then that would be lying!

edit on 27-4-2011 by Dastardly666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Sad news indeed , but If I am expected to believe what I read on some of the more outlandish threads on ATS , ET is already here and has been here for a while , so why do we need SETI ?

Come on folks , you can't have it both ways !

respects

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dastardly666

The SETI Institute is a non-profit 501(C) 3 tax-exempt (and non-government) entity.

It was established in 1984 when all federal funding for SETI research ended. It is funded through corporate and private donations.

The SETI Institute, along with UC Berkeley, and a 30 million dollar gift from Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen built the Allen Telescope Array.

The SETI Institute is far from dead; lots of their projects can be adapted to work with other telescope arrays like the Very Large Array in New Mexico, or Arecibo where they could buy observing time.

I also think that Mr. Allen might not like having his name-sake array out of commission; it wouldn't take a lot for him and a couple of buddies to cough up the cash and get the ATA in service again.
edit on 27-4-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Added

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Multiple threads on this already

Not sad at all , well maybe for the high and mighty seth shostak but I won't be losing any sleep over it .
SETI was a joke

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Don't worry, man. Government probably just cut funding since all the anecdotal evidence we have already effectively proves that there's intelligent life other than humanity already visiting this planet anyway.

Interpretation of what exactly the phenomena is aside, who knows whether or not they'll ever come out and admit it, but with the US being in as bad fiscal shape as it is at this point, might as well end one charade when it's obviously extraneous anyway.

No worries, friend, you'll get your disclosure and confirmation!

I would like to believe that in a universe as large as this we are not alone.....the problem is evidence which is in refutable. Anecdotal evidence is really down to how much you can believe the person who presents it, rather then using actual documentation backed up with verifiable sources, or more preferable, multiple verifiable sources.
Unfortunately no one has been able to come up with anything but anecdotal evidence, probably because of our infancy in space exploration, all the more reason a project like this should be kept open to explore what methods we can use to gain more then just anecdotal evidence. I believe one project involved a laser beacon in space or something which I found kinda neat.
To me that has been the main purpose of seti...not only to detect life elsewhere by doing one thing like "searching the heavens", but also to come up with ways to detect life in a precise irrefutable way, such as laser experiments and optical experiments. Im sure alot of scientists have been working on this project and will continue to do so on a less front stage scale such as seti, just, without the amount of funding previously, it will take alot more blood, sweat and tears from the scientists to do the research and create the techniques needed for proof of ETI

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join