It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Africa's place in the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Anyone think africa will ever make something outah themselves (ecconomically or industrially) cus as a african i see we aint really got nothin to show for about the last 20 years and it's becoming kinda worryin.

just post ur thoughts bout what u think must be done for them to actually become some sort of power(not corresponding to any 1 country by the way).

[edit on 29-7-2004 by truesayer]

[edit on 29-7-2004 by truesayer]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Africa has some great resources they have the best Gold and diamond mines on the planet but sadly companies like Debeers make all the money and the African people get to work in the mines.

African countries are rich in natural resources and biological diversity are witnessing high deforestation rates and loss of their biodiversity. Search for short-term economic gains and poverty of the populations living in areas rich in biodiversity are at the root of environmentally harmful behaviour. Well known examples are slash-and-burn practices, excessive commercial logging and clearing of natural habitats for agriculture and urban expansion. To reverse the above processes, biodiversity should be used in a rational manner in support of sustainable development.

There is great potenial in Africa If the countries in Africa unified and put a end to all the fighting and killing the could be a very powerful force in the 21 century

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

If the countries in Africa unified and put a end to all the fighting and killing the could be a very powerful force in the 21 century

wont happen in our lifetime.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Its seem the "west" in its boundless wisdom and generosity wants do de-populate 3rd world countries.
See a US govt. document (National Security Memorandum 200, Mr. Kissinger had his dirty finger in the pie) stating things to the effect of: Poor prople breed too quickly, this will endanger American claims to natural resources so we got to stop them reproducing so fast. And This needs to be done so it looks like we want to help.

AIDS, the Rwanda and other actions seem to point toward these dark motives.. sadly

[edit on 29/7/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Didn't the Marshall plan (WWII reconstruction plan) state that Africa is to be used to rebuild europe. That's a "role", no?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
When will Africa make something out of it self??

When the rest of the world give back what belongs to them. When the rest of the world stop stealing their resources.

The rest of the world NEEDS Africa where it is in order for it to be comfortable. Africa cannot make an economy because its resources are stolen or extracted by foriegn companies who make a KILLING on these resources around the globe. Dimonds being a PRIME example. Africa got RAPED!

Most of Africas true history has been lost, rewritten. Some even think AIDS came from Africa. People pick cocoa beans for 2 p a week then companies make chocolate and sell it over here in the west for 50p (1 dollar) a bar. Without POOR desperate people we would not be so comfortable. We stand on their backs.

BTW Africa been the foundation for Human exsistance. I can't really see a much bigger role then that.

I even remember talking to a guy who delt with exports. He said exporting electronics to Africa is very expensive. I said why?? he said because they do not want Africa to get technology in which they can take apart and start building themselfs, that would de-value the price of electronics here. That is why they charge a fortune to take technology stuff to Africa. Now I do not know if it is true, but its sounds about right.

[edit on 29-7-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Africa's place is to be pitied.....
It has the world's worst leaders..... corrupt, greedy & only in it for themsleves.
Mugabe is the best example of this. Zimbabwe was the 'bread basket' of Africa until a few years ago- now there's famine........

[edit on 29-7-2004 by LordofLard]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
who do you think helped Mugabe into power?

Who do you think sells arms to these countries who just so happen to be angery with the leader the arms seller helped put into power?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
What I dont understand...follow me here...People originated from Africa...Africa had the first "civilization"...but yet...they still are far behind everyone else who came later?...Maybe its the people...or something in the water...but everyone needs to stop blaming the "WEST" because Africa had its shot...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Mugabe got voted in by his own people after defeating Rhodesia/Zimbabwe's colonial leader Ian Smith in 1980. Rhodesia had been a self-governing british colony until 1964 when it declared independence after Britain pushed for constitutional reform.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordofLard
Africa's place is to be pitied.....
It has the world's worst leaders..... corrupt, greedy & only in it for themsleves.
Mugabe is the best example of this. Zimbabwe was the 'bread basket' of Africa until a few years ago- now there's famine........

[edit on 29-7-2004 by LordofLard]

This "breadbasket" had devoted large tracts to growing tobacco. Which is tough on the soil and you cant eat it.
Its actually these white tobacco farmers that are being kicked off the land, so it can be redistibuted amounst black food growers.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The majority of the farms were growing food. The white farmers have been kicked off their land (I think there only 20% of the 1997 numbers) & the farms are now derelict, with the agri machinery stolen.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordofLard
The majority of the farms were growing food. The white farmers have been kicked off their land (I think there only 20% of the 1997 numbers) & the farms are now derelict, with the agri machinery stolen.

I don't know where you got your facts form but im willing to stand corrected.

Can you give procentages?
The 20% are white farmers left on their own land I presume?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
In the 17th, 18th & 19th century you're concured and colonized by European countries, because of them having firearms. They start to steal your resources and kidnap some of your inhabitants to sell them to sell them as slaves in another colonized continent.

In the 20th century your resources are stolen again, this time by corporations and once again your people treated discriminatory and unfairly.

Then comes the IMF which "loans" you money

What the heck else do you expect Africa to be at the moment???

More info here...

zarayacob.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
newssearch.bbc.co.uk... ch/results.pl?scope=newsukfs&tab=news&q=zimbabwe&go.x=31&go.y=20

Loads of info here. The BBC is a good source for loads of info

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
But Africa has a 1000 years (more...just a number) head start...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
To see what is going on in Africa, and why everything is falling to pieces, go to www.africancrisis.org . This site is unfortuanitely under attack from the local authorities, and might be shut down soon. So much for free speach in the new Rainbow nation Gov.

www.africancrisis.org...

[edit on 29-7-2004 by Kobuyt]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Found the title of the document i was referring to and have edited the post accordingly. It was called the National Security Memorandum 200

top topics

join