It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Trump help Ron Paul ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I am starting to believe that Trump could end up helping Ron Paul...

It will be a lot harder to pin the "Nut Case" label on Dr. Paul.

Dr. Paul will look reasoned and measured next to Trump.

He needs Trump to keep throwing the distractions at Obama.

Maybe before Trump takes his ball and goes home.

Ron Paul might get a fair shot from the MSM...but I doubt it.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

based on how he's been treated in interviews the last few days...

I find this highly unlikely....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Once Donald Trump gets the full story on the Obama birth certificate and proves he was born outside the U.S. it doesn't matter who is running, Trump will walk into the presidency a winner already because of this news!!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I'm of mixed opinions here. US voters are notoriously unmotivated to actually research candidates and their positions (or research positions in-depth to understand the reasons why a position is actually a good or bad idea), so Trump could easily hurt Paul in that aspect as the media is likely to pimp him to the people, first off, and he's got a lot more name recognition, likely. He's also been charging at a few popular issues and taking a (idiotic) tough stance on others that will likely appeal to those who have misguided beliefs in american exceptionalism and right to do as we want.

IF, however, people actually will pay more attention to serious issues this time, I think it will help Ron. Trump could easily be the loon this time around - since he's playing the part, and he's got skeletons in his closet that Ron doesn't have to worry about. Also, I don't think he could hold a candle to Ron in any debate, especially since Ron's views have and are being vindicated and his long-held concerns are much more in the public's eyes this time around.

I'm definitely hopeful - this could go either way and I'm looking forward to Trump destroying himself.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It seems as if Trump just hit a calculated home run for Obama. By focusing on the Birth Certificate...Obama had to release one. Now Obama looks good and republicans (especially tea party) looks foolish and paranoid.

It looks like Trump is not the conservative he pretended to be the last couple of weeks.
edit on 4/27/2011 by Missing Blue Sky because: spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

I would like to respond here that Ron Paul - wisely - never jumped on the birther bandwagon, he always dismissed it as a non-issue and stated we had bigger problems to worry about. Now, whether that was the actual reason or he's just smart enough to smell a trap, who knows.

Great video here of Frank Lutz (from "F*** YOU, FRANK" infamy) calling Ron Paul the only straight-shooter as well as calling out Trump:

Thanks -
Steve
edit on 4/27/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It seems the MSM will have a more difficult time dismissing Dr. Paul.

I hope he gets an actual chance to state his positions.

Thank you for your replies...

reply to post by Praetorius

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Many of the GOP candidates and potential/rumored candidates help Ron Paul, imo. Palin, Bachmann, Trump, Gingrich....

top topics

join