It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

two suns?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

The Sun appears to be up for 6 months, and it appears to be night for the other 6 months in Antarctica. Where do you live? You're probably just at the right location so that the sun is over you for 16 hours.

Also the Earth is tilted.

And it spins.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Feel free to watch this video explain the earth orbit around the sun. It might clear some stuff up for you.

Earth Orbit

And for the record i'm not faulting the OP for thinking outside the box. I'm faulting him for posting something so obviously wrong that it's a waste of time even trying to inform everyone why it's laughable.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by ufoinquirer

Throughout history, the people have been lied to about various truths, scientific/political. So, we can pretty much ASSUME we are being lied to about a number of things that then prevent regular scientists from discovering/stumbling across more. NASA is public relations, guys. : ) If you don't believe that, well, you're a lost cause.

Lol i don't have to believe NASA, I can look up at the sun directly right now, and guess what? there's only 1. And while it's above my head, the people on the other side of the world are in darkness. It really is that simple.

Beyond the fact that the OP is assuming the sun is rotating around the earth, which it isn't, and the earth is stationary, which it isn't.

Beyond that.....

2 suns means, whoa, twice the light right? And twice the heat, and guess what? That means less likely hood of life forming here. We live in the "green zone" a small area where the conditions are just right because of our mass and distance from the sun.

If there were two, we'd all have cooked to death long ago.

Again, i'm not trusting Nasa, i'm trusting basic common sense and provable, testable science.

Thinking outside the box is one thing. Making up ridiculous impossible scenarios that anyone can disprove merely by going outside, its NOT helping, it IS doing a disservice and i honestly feel bad for the content posters here doing a good job because crap like this makes all of it meaningless.

so you have a theory. Ok, investigate it. I did, there's only 1 sun, I can prove it through various testable means.

"for planets orbiting two stars like our own, radiation...etc"

now see this right here is the type of crap that hurts this site and everyone actually honestly looking for answers. That's not a slip or typo, it means exactly what it says....

for planets orbiting two 'stars like our own'

Meaning a planet orbiting two stars that are similar in composition to our sun, not that we are orbiting two suns.

Again for this theory to be correct ......

every person with a telescope on earth is in on the lie
every person working at nasa is in on it
every camera, satellite, probe is in on it
the sun and other planets are also in on it as 2 starts would DRAMATICALLY change our orbit, we'd more than likely have a figure 8 orbit around the two stars.

Beyond that...................

Every space mission from apollo to any probe launches, require specific timing based on our orbit cycle to get where it needs to go, all of this would be thrown out of whack with 2 suns.

We'd have much more, possible constant, auroras, constant solar ejections, twice the heat, twice the radiation AND.......

If there was another sun hiding so it's below while the other is above, the moon would redirect that light and we'd easily notice it.

Have i left anything out, is there any other simple means to prove in fact there is only 1 sun and we are orbiting it?

edit on 27-4-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

first of all, idiot. i'm a writer by trade. i know that's a typo. it is saying that our planet orbits 2 stars. granted, I'm agreeing that it's a typo and not meant to be taken as fact.

it was just an interesting typo.

and indeed most star systems are binary, so stop with the we 'couldn't have one' talk ---- we can theorize about where that sun would be or what it would be like, though

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
again

the HYPOTHESIS is that we are being LIED to about fundamental scientific concepts about the solar system

so you can't just keep referring to historical scientific concepts/data, the idea is to explore if we're being LIED To about things

silly people !!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by ufoinquirer

l i don't have to believe NASA, I can look up at the sun directly right now, and guess what? there's only 1. And while it's above my head, the people on the other side of the world are in darkness. It really is that simple.

Beyond the fact that the OP is assuming the sun is rotating around the earth, which it isn't, and the earth is stationary, which it isn't.

Beyond that.....

2 suns means, whoa, twice the light right? And twice the heat, and guess what? That means less likely hood of life forming here. We live in the "green zone" a small area where the conditions are just right because of our mass and distance from the sun.

If there were two, we'd all have cooked to death long ago.

Again, i'm not trusting Nasa, i'm trusting basic common sense and provable, testable science.

Thinking outside the box is one thing. Making up ridiculous impossible scenarios that anyone can disprove merely by going outside, its NOT helping, it IS doing a disservice and i honestly feel bad for the content posters here doing a good job because crap like this makes all of it meaningless.

so you have a theory. Ok, investigate it. I did, there's only 1 sun, I can prove it through various testable means.

never would you see two suns in the sky because it would be under the earth...

it would not be any diffrent for the temperature, only the days would have 48 hours, 12 light, 12 dark, 12 light,12 dark = 48 hours and one day.

How can the sun make 360 degrees, around but i still see it for 16 hours in the day,.

from my perspective i can see maybe 33 degrees on the horizon from east to west.
thats from sun rise to sun set. how can it go around all the rest in only 8 hours.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Thanks for questioning !!! we need more people liek you, 9 times out of 10 you might be wrong...but that one time will make it all worth it

Just remember, we've always been lied to and those lies have inhibited our understanding of world and progress
ASSUME you are being lied to about something

Come from that angle, astronomers and scientists who know more than us would be way more helpful to society if that's how they thought : ) : )

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkkkay
Just saying, maybe when the sun is at high noon, the second would be under the earth high noon for them also.
how else can the sun make a complet turn from 9pm to 5am.
It is actually extremely simple.

The Earth is flat. On the bottom side, it is perfectly flat. On our top side, it is pretty rough and rigid. Mountains.

There is also pollution on our top side. The pollution, along with the rough texture, creates a drag, that slows the sun down. Once the sun is on the bottom side, it is not restricted.

Due to this, it takes 16 hours for it to cross from point A to point B on the top side. It only takes it 8 hours going from point B to point A on the bottom side.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Just saying, maybe when the sun is at high noon, the second would be under the earth high noon for them also.

The Earth is flat. On the bottom side, it is perfectly flat. On our top side, it is pretty rough and rigid. Mountains.

There is also pollution on our top side. The pollution, along with the rough texture, creates a drag, that slows the sun down. Once the sun is on the bottom side, it is not restricted.

Due to this, it takes 16 hours for it to cross from point A to point B on the top side. It only takes it 8 hours going from point B to point A on the bottom side.

I do believe that the earth is flat...
but i also believe that the planet is round. it's so big that the earth is flat.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

I do believe that the earth is flat...
but i also believe that the planet is round. it's so big that the earth is flat.

You continue to impress. Seriously.

Try bringing quantum physics into this, when the sun is out of our range of vision (unobserved) it exists in all places simultaneously. What is it in the 'morning' that brings the sun into our perceptual awareness and thus collapses all other waves of possibilities, putting it on the eastern horizon?

Good thread, once again...I gotta go for now...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

never would you see two suns in the sky because it would be under the earth...

it would not be any diffrent for the temperature, only the days would have 48 hours, 12 light, 12 dark, 12 light,12 dark = 48 hours and one day.

How can the sun make 360 degrees, around but i still see it for 16 hours in the day,.

from my perspective i can see maybe 33 degrees on the horizon from east to west.
thats from sun rise to sun set. how can it go around all the rest in only 8 hours.

For starters: I like what you are trying to do... your mindset is how true progress is made.

On this topic though, I think you are having a swing and a miss... but that's ok! Never fear being mistaken... fear never trying to think for yourself.

That said... You can test this yourself with a basketball and a light bulb.

You have at *least* 180 degree view from east to west. You are on "top" of a sphere... and from the top of a sphere you will always see at least 180 degrees of the expanse beyond the sphere in all directions. In actuality you likely have a bit more due to the curvature of the earth.

Now it doesn't go around the rest in 8 hours... each point on earth has a different length of time exposed to the sun (and darkness) due to the tilt of the earth as it rotates. Take the basketball, and mark a dot on it. Now take the basketball and rotate it around the center part (where all the lines meet up)... angle the basketball in different ways and notice how the mark you made will have different durations of time being exposed to the light.

If you tilt the basketball to match the tilt of the earth... you will see how in a 24 hour period, parts of the basketball will be in light the whole time. This is what happens to the north and south poles.

Where you live in Canada... you are at enough of an angle from the sun right now that you get exposed to longer days and shorter nights, even though the rate of movement is steady. About 6 months from now you will be getting longer nights and shorter days. It's due to the tilt of the earth.

Please keep thinking outside the box!

And for people being assholes... remember that next time you ask a question someone else understands and treats you like a jerk for asking. We do better when we work together for positive progress rather than be dismissive and beating each other down.
edit on 27-4-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: Typo.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Im sorry but this is not how "true progress" is made. If I made some random assumption based off nothing you wouldnt commend me for it would you?? Well for whatever reason some of seem to be egging the OP on to keep making absurd assumptions. The only thing the OP should be doing is research on his/her own. Read a bit. Your on the internet asking questions are you not? If you can do that you can certainly research simple physics, and space science.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsek
Im sorry but this is not how "true progress" is made. If I made some random assumption based off nothing you wouldnt commend me for it would you?? Well for whatever reason some of seem to be egging the OP on to keep making absurd assumptions. The only thing the OP should be doing is research on his/her own. Read a bit. Your on the internet asking questions are you not? If you can do that you can certainly research simple physics, and space science.

what if i was in the 17th century, would you tell me to go and read a book, to understand that the world is flat?

i am wanting the opinion of members and not the mind control propaganda that we all got in school.
things are not the way theyseem to be, if i go with the assumption that we were lied to, can i go and get info from
them, or from a book.

your answer is there words...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

[Look i'm just trying to see things in a diffrent light.

I can play around, it's not a test. If i am wrong, what... just believe... not in this wolrd. i need to see clearly.

so how would this 2-suns/48 hr day actually work?

As others have asked - why woudl there be any night time at all?

Seeing the sun for 16 hrs a day is not uncommon at higher lattitudes - at 90 deg north and south you can see the sun for 24 hrs on some days and for 0 hrs on others - the rationale for that is the tilt of the earth & is not rocket science - you can demonstrate it with any small round object (oranges seem to be a perenial favourite) and a torch or other point light source. Asking for someone to post how it works without repeating "the official line" is just dissembling.

edit on 27-4-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Your not in the 17th century. You think your going to find better information from random people you met on a forums, than in textbooks at school on the subject of space science? I'm pretty sure no one here is an astrophysicist. You honestly think that everyone that has been to space (Ive actually met Mark Kelly, Gabrielle Giffords husband) when I lived in the states, has lied to the public about two suns???

Now to take your point about reading a book in the 17th Century to find out about how "flat" the earth was you make a valid point.

Except that we are no longer in the 17th Century and this information has been proven. You know this because you learned it in school, and you read it online.

The point I'm trying to make is that now a days, the church isnt controlling the mass majority of information released into public.

I want you to challenge all new forms of information in any way you can, this is definitely alright. Stuff that hasnt been proven by science as well should be investigated. Sadly this has been proven.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Thank you to the OP for giving me a good giggle .
I just know that you were not meant to be taken seriously , were you ?

Bravo

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65

Bravo

T'is my pleasure sir! all in good fun, here have another giggle

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
With all due respect, do you really think that the sun moves around the earth? Do you really think that the earth is not spinning? Do you really think there is a second sun that somehow.... We just managed to miss?

Would you be shocked for me to tell you that the Earth is not flat or the center of the Universe as well?

OK, wait no. I get it...It's a joke....

edit on 27-4-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65

Bravo

T'is my pleasure sir! all in good fun, here have another giggle

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes , I remember it , thank you .
That thread too brought me to the point of laughing tears . You have a gift for making comedy seem almost serious .

Well done again

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elsek

I would commend anyone for attempting anything beyond regurgitation and mockery. Even if they make 1000 mistakes along the way.

I don't care if someone chooses to learn by reading, experimenting, or asking. Nobody forces someone to respond so anyone who does is doing so of their own accord and no sweat off anyone's back.

Especially when I don't know the person's age, background, upbringing, etc... I'm not going to make any assumptions about what they should or shouldn't know at this moment in time of their life.

If someone earnestly wants to learn basic addition and is 30 years old... which serves all of us better... pointing and acting superior and saying "Go read a book!!!" or sitting down and saying "How can I help?"

If I don't wish to help... I can also just opt to keep walking to do something else instead. If it's important enough to the person seeking to understand, they will eventually find what they are looking for.

I've been hired by someone I taught.

Namaste!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

i read the OP + was like WTF
so i called my 9yo science nerd son into the room to have a read of it..

SON: (confused look) "how does that make sence..?? does this person know the earth is round + it spins...??" (walks out of the room laughn) "some people are so stupid mum"

<< 1    3 >>

join