It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting Sleep Paralysis: Alien Abductions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Background:
Most of the alien abductions that are reported are concluded to be just sleep paralysis experiences. Here are some links that explain how and why sleep paralysis and alien abduction reports are related for those who don�t know:
Sleepandhealth.com
About.com
More links can be found using Google search

Questions:
Despite knowing how they are linked, how many of you still stick to your belief that you were actually abducted by aliens?
What makes you believe that your abduction experience is just not an SP?
Is there anything special about your experience that proves it to you that it couldn�t be just sleep paralysis, like daytime abduction in an awakened state, etc.?

How many of you strongly believe that alien abductions are nothing but just elaborations of sleep paralysis?

How many of you strongly think that it�s the other way around, alien abductions are given the scientific term of sleep paralysis?
A possible theory from an anonymous person: Most of the time sleep paralysis happens when the person is sleep-deprived. When the person is sleep-deprived, the person�s immunity is low and in that state, it could be easy for aliens to abduct the person and do experiments on the human body. What do you think of it?

How many of you think that both ideas coexist? If so, how?

Personal Opinion:
I have had a lot of SP experiences. It started around three years ago. My experiences don�t go farther than just the muscle-paralysis and the buzzing sound in the ears. I don�t feel any �presence of evil being,� nor do I see any kind of alien in my room. I think the alien abduction stuff is just coming out of people�s minds! At the same time, I want to believe that people are actually being abducted, since there are so many abduction reports. However, no one is able to actually present some verifiable physical proof, so that just leads me to think not to believe the people who say were abducted. So, how many of you are a hundred percent sure that they were abducted by aliens and their experience is not a result of some hallucination or sleep paralysis? May be its something that you have to experience to believe!

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Thanks Gazrok for clearing out my mistake of duplicating the same kind of post.

[edit on 7/29/2004 by jp1111]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
since i am not nor claim to be an abductee, i really cant answer the questions. i have however had sleep paralysis before and i was concious, but my body wouldnt respond to my thoughts for a split second. never have i confused it with abduction etc. It is an interesting theory anyways. I tend to lean away from the abduction stories, because they are just that; stories.... can we get no proof? also, wouldnt ET ever make mistakes? like accidentally not erase somebodies memory, or take someone and not return them? i dont want to discredit all the testimony out there, but its hard to swallow with no real evidence.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   

also, wouldnt ET ever make mistakes? like accidentally not erase somebodies memory, or take someone and not return them? i dont want to discredit all the testimony out there, but its hard to swallow with no real evidence.

Apparently, they DO make such "mistakes" or at least have an imperfect understanding of how to wipe human memories...due to some abductees recalling the experiences.

There are also some abduction cases which DO have other evidence, such as combined with UFO sighting (witnessed by others), and some with even physical evidence, such as implanted devices or materials, scars, etc.

In my own personal experience (sighting, not abduction), I did witness my parents being "paralyzed" in their sleep (couldn't wake them), so I can't discount sleep paralysis being used as a tool in abductions. Still, there likely are many cases of abductions that are really just sleep paralysis...but this is a hard thing to get to the bottom of, whenever you're dealing with altered perceptions.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I find it strange that the old "witch" sleep paralysis interpretations are less common than abduction sleep interpreations now.

www.ghostvillage.com...

^^^ "Old hag syndrome"

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by radardog
I find it strange that the old "witch" sleep paralysis interpretations are less common than abduction sleep interpreations now.

www.ghostvillage.com...

^^^ "Old hag syndrome"

Exactly. That might be something that supports the argument that its just coming out of people's minds (at least some of them). Because in old days, people used to watch and hear "witch" stories on TV/Radio or from other people, so they had that fear of witches and that's why during sleep paralysis they see them, since it has been found that during sleep paralysis the sensations and any thoughts seem so real. People in those days didn't even know of the idea that aliens could actually visit our planet and possible abduct any!

Now its aliens. We have a lot of aliens-related stories now, on TV, newspapers, from abductions stories of people! So now, people see aliens during sleep paralysis as they fear aliens now!

[edit on 7/29/2004 by jp1111]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
In my own personal experience (sighting, not abduction), I did witness my parents being "paralyzed" in their sleep (couldn't wake them), so I can't discount sleep paralysis being used as a tool in abductions. Still, there likely are many cases of abductions that are really just sleep paralysis...but this is a hard thing to get to the bottom of, whenever you're dealing with altered perceptions.

Since you mentioned about your experience, Can I ask you to elaborate on that please?
What happened to your parents? Did they report an abduction during their paralysis?
Its ok if you don't wanna say more about that!

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
------------

Originally posted by lost
since i am not nor claim to be an abductee, i really cant answer the questions. i have however had sleep paralysis before and i was concious, but my body wouldnt respond to my thoughts for a split second. never have i confused it with abduction etc. It is an interesting theory anyways. I tend to lean away from the abduction stories, because they are just that; stories.... can we get no proof? also, wouldnt ET ever make mistakes? like accidentally not erase somebodies memory, or take someone and not return them? i dont want to discredit all the testimony out there, but its hard to swallow with no real evidence.

I have the same problem, I have sleep paralysis too (as mentioned above), but I don't pass the abduction scene and nor we can get any proof from people who say were actually abducted.
------------
To All,
I was just wondering if anybody could post an abduction story that is not related to sleep paralysis, for example it could be daytime abduction in an awakened state? That could really prove that alien abduction stories are not always linked with sleep paralysis.

I started this post by arguing both sides since I completely don't agree that abduction stories can be just hoaxes, since we have so many accounts of them! Well, I am more towards not beliveing the abductions, but I so wanna change my opinion and believe if people could just prove in any legitimate way that their stories are actually true!

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I was expecting less replies to this thread, but not that less

Well, I think the problem here is that may be people are tired of this kind of topics. Specially the "abductees" who are just plain tired of making people believe in them and their stories. That's okay. I understand that!

So far, nobody has replied strongly for believing/nonbelieving in any link between sleep paralysis and alien abductions or have posted any abduction story that has a complete absence of sleep paralysis. Those were my basic quests regarding this topic.

Well, Good Luck!

new topics

top topics

join