It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's NEW Birth Certificate proven to be fake hours after release

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I got the 1/3 from the video earlier in this thread. It seems he got it from polls.
And it is insulting because all labels on people demean to some extent by assuming a certain set of characteristics and behavioural patterns based on that label. And it is usually not very good.
One merely has to watch the media when they use the term Birther it is always used derogatorily to include 'nut jobs' 'crack pots' and 'conspiracy whackjobs'

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by chris_stibrany
I got the 1/3 from the video earlier in this thread. It seems he got it from polls.

Uh huh. Nothing like 3rd hand information to base your opinions on.

And it is insulting because all labels on people demean to some extent by assuming a certain set of characteristics and behavioural patterns based on that label.

That is kind of what labels of groups are for. I still do not understand what the insult is.
A group of people denying Obama was born in Hawaii - birthers. What is the insult?

And it is usually not very good.

Usually? Humans,People, Americans, Women, etc. I can go on and on with labels that I fall under that do not seem the liust bit insulting to me. I really want to know. I have seen birthers get upset with that label before but I am still very unclear on what part is insulting.

One merely has to watch the media when they use the term Birther it is always used derogatorily to include 'nut jobs' 'crack pots' and 'conspiracy whackjobs'

Probably because the entire movement was founded on the misconception around what a birth certificate actually is and in 2.5 years have only denied everything they have asked for in order to shift the argument all the while repeatedly asserting rumors "Obama spent millions to hide private documents!!!!!!!!" in defense of the case they built on something they failed to understand. It is kind of the same as flat earthers. There is nothing insulting in the title. But you and I both know, it is crazy to still think the Earth is flat. People with half a brain will talk about flat earthers in that tone you mention, won't they?
How about you pick a title that you like better? Got one? Will it stick?

Birthers have had two years to prove their movement is not just an ignorant and crazy hatefest and have failed. The name did not become insulting, the people being named did.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I disagree. And if you dont understand the concept that it isnt the label itself that is the import it is the manner in which it is relayed then I dont have the time to waste explaining human behaviour to you. And anyway it honestly is not important enough to get you to understand, not to me, or to you.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

Originally posted by WildWorld
He is saying nobody questioned John McCains eligibility. Lots of people questioned it. I questioned it. I know other people who questioned it.
So, you weren’t saying someone vetted McCain. Right? Was he vetted, though?

Why does it matter? Because Obama is black??? Gimme a break
You’re so paranoid that you preemptively start defending against accusations of racism, even when no one is accusing you racism, such as this occasion.

Paranoid?? Lol no I don't think so. I'm willing to bet the only reason he even brought up McCain was to insinuate that Obama is being questioned because he is black and McCain wasn't because he is white. He didn't even have to say it.... Its been done a thousand times on here.
I said what I said about McCain and now I'm done discussing it, he has nothing to do with this, it's OT, were talking about Obamas birth certificate.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

So the mother when asked her race said caucasion? It's possible she did but it does seem odd to me she would say that instead of just white.....I'm taking a guess here but I think most white people when asked would just say white not caucasion, I know I would anyway.

Well from all reports Ann Dunham was intellectually quite sharp and opinionated, and "most" white women in the early 1960s didn't marry "black" men.

So Anne Durham probably doesn't fit the "most white people" mould.

It's speculation but since you are also speculating........perhaps Anne Durham didn't like the "Black" & "White" distinction, so purposely put down Caucasian rather than "White".
edit on 30-4-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I said what I said about McCain and now I'm done discussing it, he has nothing to do with this, it's OT, were talking about Obamas birth certificate.
Just like Obama’s parents have nothing to do with Obama’s qualifications, but that hasn’t stopped you from raising false questions and making insinuations about them.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I disagree. And if you dont understand the concept that it isnt the label itself that is the import it is the manner in which it is relayed then I dont have the time to waste explaining human behaviour to you. And anyway it honestly is not important enough to get you to understand, not to me, or to you.

Then why did you bring it up?
Birthers it is then. I see no insult in the title or in how it is used. The only insult I see is in the birther movement itself. Want to not be an insult, stop believing crap just because you want to believe it. And anyway, if it is not important enough to even attempt to explain what is insulting in the title itself even with the added handicap of shifting it to tone in usage, then that says a great deal about how important you feel your own post decrying it is.

Sorry but I am genuinely curious. I see this argument tossed out there now and then and I always ask what is insulting about the word "birther." Thanks for continuing the trend of feeling it is important enough to cry about but not to explain to anyone who genuinely tries to understand.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

This thread is about the birth certificate, his parents are on that birth certificate.

I get the feeling that you are just trying to argue.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Youre not trying hard enough. I already explained why i feel that way. Because it is USED as a derogatory label, not because it is by itself. thats all. And i have better things to do than go back and forth on something that i merely added as an aside, that i wanted to express but isn't important enough for me to want to spend time explaining myself to someone who seems incapable of seeing something from the other side. And if you are trying yet still unable to understand then you should just give up because other people have obviously attempted to help you understand the issue too , to no avail. enough on that. and why do you even post in birther threads if you think its all a joke? Do you just enjoy putting down people?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Youre not trying hard enough. I already explained why i feel that way. Because it is USED as a derogatory label, not because it is by itself. thats all.

That is actually the exact opposite from where you started.

Labelling one third of the entire population of the USA with an epithet as stupid sounding as "Birther" just goes to show you how people will denigrate something they disagree with anyway they can.
Its just as bad as if I called all black people Darkies or all asians Chinks. I really hate the word Birther. Cant we just say something like "people who believe the President may be ineligible?"

But whatever. This is now your second post rambling on about how you do not have time to explain to me why it is insulting. See the irony in taking so much time to do that?

And i have better things to do than go back and forth on something that i merely added as an aside, that i wanted to express but isn't important enough for me to want to spend time explaining myself to someone who seems incapable of seeing something from the other side.

Then I am not sure why you are responding to me. If you want to change my mind or get me to understand, you have to make your case. Repeating it does not work.

And if you are trying yet still unable to understand then you should just give up because other people have obviously attempted to help you understand the issue too , to no avail. enough on that.

Oh, you are another one of these psychic posters. Look, I simply asked a geniune question which you seem to be going to some length to avoid actually answering on purpose. Fine, walk away.

and why do you even post in birther threads if you think its all a joke? Do you just enjoy putting down people?

I guess after what you just said, it would seem that having to explain myself to you would be antithetical to the theme being presented, no? Further, I have not put anyone down. All I tried to do is understand what is so insulting about the term. You even asked that we swap it out for something else, not use it differently.

Cant we just say something like "people who believe the President may be ineligible?"

How do you suppose that is going to be portrayed any differently? If anything it takes everything that is wrong with the birther movement and adds whiny and petty to it.

Sorry I asked.
edit on 4/30/11 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This birth certificate is put together worse than the Oswald photo.
Jeeeez. it's REALLY bad!
It must be amateur night at the whitehouse,

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If Obama's Hawaiian birth certificate is a forgery, it is probable that a "death list" of some sort was used by the forgers to locate a useable serial number for the forgery. Someone born in Hawaii, near the time that Obama was born, passed away somewhere in the time between, very roughly, July of 1961 and, at the latest, perhaps as late as only weeks ago. This "vacated" number would be the one used.

One reason for the long delay in releasing the long form document may well have been a years long wait for an appropriate and useable number to finally become available.

It would explain a lot.

Funny how the devil is revealed in the details.

edit on 30-4-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I am confused. What happened to Dr. Rodney T. West? Wasn't his name suppose to be found on the BC as the doctor? Barbara Nelson has all these memories of conversations about the musical sound of President Obama's name with a West family member who said West delivered Stanley's baby, yet West's name isn't on the BC. She also had memories of his school days as his teacher,

talk.baltimoresun.com...

scroll 3/4 of the way down to find Barbara Nelson's comments.

www.snopes.com...

edit on 30-4-2011 by 2gd2btru because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Two huge things that stand out to me, is the green backdrop itself never existed back then. Number 2 the left side of the document (if you want to call it a document) has a bend to it, giving it the impression that this whole thing was scanned from out of a book or binder. If that bend there was real and the whole thing was scanned then why can we take apart the entire document layer by layer within Photoshop hmm? This whole thing screams fake!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sean
the green backdrop itself never existed back then.
Correct...

Number 2 the left side of the document (if you want to call it a document) has a bend to it, giving it the impression that this whole thing was scanned from out of a book or binder.
Because it was.

I fail to see the relevance of any of that.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2gd2btru
I am confused. What happened to Dr. Rodney T. West? Wasn't his name suppose to be found on the BC as the doctor?

What line is that supposed to be found on?
2nd.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Many Obama supporters like myself have been told that Barbara Nelson was one of the last living persons to remember details surrounding President Obama's birth. I am surprised that her recollection isn't true. If it were Dr. Rodney T. West's name would be on line 19a instead of David A. Sinclair.

Back in 2009 when she spoke about her recollection couldn't someone who knew President Obama's doctor of delivery was David A Sinclair quietly let her know she was mistaken. Instead the disinformation was allowed to spread and now frankly I don't know what to think. Today there is a LFBC, a while back there was a person who remembered all these details, and they do not validate each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join