It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's NEW Birth Certificate proven to be fake hours after release

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LosLobos

I think it's up to the Administration to give us full disclosure about the origin of this weird document. I wouldn't be surprised if they can clear up some of the ambiguities very easily once they help us to understand how the PDF was generated. At this point, it seems a very odd way to put the birther issue to rest.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Glenn Beck on birther issue: 'Dumbest thing I've ever heard' Claims controversy is political 'dream come true' for Obama Read more: Glenn Beck on birther issue: 'Dumbest thing I've ever heard' www.wnd.com...

"I have to tell you, are you working for the Barack Obama administration?" Beck scoffed. "I mean, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." Read more: Glenn Beck on birther issue: 'Dumbest thing I've ever heard'

www.wnd.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

link   

link   

Originally posted by Elbereth

I think it's up to the Administration to give us full disclosure about the origin of this weird document. I wouldn't be surprised if they can clear up some of the ambiguities very easily once they help us to understand how the PDF was generated. At this point, it seems a very odd way to put the birther issue to rest.

They dont want to 'put it to rest'.

They want all the simpletons to keep talking about it, so they dont notice the REAL issues.

And you are all willing pawns in their game.

I mean, just LOOK at how many comments are flooding this thread.

Libya? Patriot Act? Gitmo? The Fed??

Nope, the useful idiots dont understand those issues, nor do they want them discussed. The prefer THIS thread get all the action, because it is substance-less!
edit on 27-4-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Guys, this is a HOAX. I looked through the first couple pages of this thread...I don't know if anyone posted this yet. But I opened the file in Illustrator. And there are NO layers. It is a single layer. There are NO "movable letters" or other such layers. And as someone already pointed out in this post.

The green patterned background is on the paper that the scan was printed on. The signature on the lower right is to certify that the scan is authentic. These are not part of the actual birth certificate, which is on white paper in a bound volume. This is why the pattern is continuous even though the shading and distortion show that the edge of the page curves towards the binding.

And here is a screenshot of the file in Illustrator. Notice there are no layers as such that the OP is claiming (Scroll down and you will see the "layer tab")....sorry I couldn't get it all in one image, anyhow, the entire screen shot is in my image gallery for you to see. For right now, I broke it up into 2 pieces.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eceeea536089.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e173d4b0bc1f.jpg[/atsimg]

Geez. This is ridiculous.
edit on 27-4-2011 by meeneecat because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2011 by meeneecat because: edit

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I found something while fiddling with ink-scape which was rather interesting. someone before mentioned that the K and other certain letters looked like they didn't belong. turns out the entire text of the document can be moved, and as i did that, i was surprised to notice some letters remained, then i realized, it was the letters which looked awkward from the beginning!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

They dont want to 'put it to rest'.

They want all the simpletons to keep talking about it, so they dont notice the REAL issues.

And you are all willing pawns in their game.

I mean, just LOOK at how many comments are flooding this thread.

Libya? Patriot Act? Gitmo? The Fed??

Nope, the useful idiots dont understand those issues, nor do they want them discussed. The prefer THIS thread get all the action, because it is substance-less!
edit on 27-4-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

People on ATS are probably among the least likely to be manipulated as you describe.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by meeneecat
Guys, this is a HOAX. I looked through the first couple pages of this thread...I don't know if anyone posted this yet. But I opened the file in Illustrator. And there are NO layers. It is a single layer. And as someone already pointed out in this post.

This is not a hoax, open it in Inkscape (free download, I just installed it earlier) and you will notice how it (annoyingly) saves the different layers into the folder your pdf is in, they will be called "birth-certificate-long-form_img#.jpg" where # is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 for each layer. There are 7 different layers, I don't know what your doing.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by iamaperson

This is a PDF document...it was created using Adobe. I'm a graphic designer and quite familiar with how Illustrator works...thank you very much.

Just to add to this. The PDF document is a rasterized graphic. Inkscape only opens files in vector and automatically does the conversion. This is why it created these layers. However, Adobe will open the file in the original form as it was saved. (whereas in Adobe, you can view the document in the original raster before converting it to vector),

Inkscape can't import those raster EPS files, only vector EPS files (it uses pstoedit to do the conversions, so it is limited by that tool).
source
edit on 27-4-2011 by meeneecat because: add

link   
of course it's fake... Why would he all of a sudden produce a document that he has spent millions to conceal from the public. There have been courts who have asked for it without results. No way is this sheet of paper authentic...NO WAY. I find it amazing how stupid they think we ALL are.

link   

People on ATS are probably among the least likely to be manipulated as you describe.

Why? Based on what?

"people on ATS' are not immune to invasion of bots, or of a lack of intelligence. All the pieces are there. Notice how this issue is distracting from the announcement the Fed made today?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hello all,

I'm a new member. I joined just to reply to this...

I'm certainly no fan of Obama but I don't believe that the presence of "layers", "groups" or other artifacts marks this document as a forgery. One of my primary clues is, as the OP stated, that the mother's signature - curiously - appears in two different "layers" which seems like a software "optimization".

It seems that parts of the document were recognized as a raster image and others recognized as text. In particular the software appears to have assigned text that is either lighter or out of line with the adjacent text to different layers.

I will disagree with a few of the posters (SaturnFx and mudbeem, I believe) who have stated that the layers are a result of the manner in which the OP opened the document. The layers exist in the original PDF. An earlier poster pointed out that the document can be opened in Acrobat PDF viewer, right-click, select "Copy Image" and then paste into MS Paint. The only part of the document that gets pasted into Paint is the portion with the safety pattern, the form lines and portions of the signatures. This proves that the original PDF does, indeed, contain multiple layers.

There are a couple of possible explanations for the above:

1.) The document was printed and then scanned to create the electronic copy at which point the scanning software applied optimizations to reduce the file size. The software picked out the text the best it could and rasterized the remainder. This accounts for the fact that some letters are aliased and others aren't. The aliased letters were recognized as text and the non-aliased letters were considered part of the background image.

2.) The PDF creation software created a file with multiple layers from a scanned raster image without layers. The software that xreated the PDF file was "PDF Context" running on Mac OSX. Again, this would be done by the software to reduce the output file size.

I am not a graphic designer. I am, however, a very experienced software developer who has worked on CAD systems.

I do enjoy the discussion...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Guys, this is a HOAX. I looked through the first couple pages of this thread...I don't know if anyone posted this yet. But I opened the file in Illustrator. And there are NO layers. It is a single layer. There are NO "movable letters" or other such layers. And as someone already pointed out in this post.

The green patterned background is on the paper that the scan was printed on. The signature on the lower right is to certify that the scan is authentic. These are not part of the actual birth certificate, which is on white paper in a bound volume. This is why the pattern is continuous even though the shading and distortion show that the edge of the page curves towards the binding.

And here is a screenshot of the file in Illustrator. Notice there are no layers as such that the OP is claiming (Scroll down and you will see the "layer tab")....sorry I couldn't get it all in one image, anyhow, the entire screen shot is in my image gallery for you to see. For right now, I broke it up into 2 pieces.

It is a clipping mask, which is different from a layer but acts in the same way.

When you open the official document in illustrator, right click on the image and hit "release clipping mask"

The masks will then highlight themselves.

Then right click on one of the masks and hit "isolate selected mask" to be able to move it around.

I just did it myself:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c4d51d5d495.jpg[/atsimg]

My image was created from a downloaded pdf that came right from the official White House's website.

edit on 27-4-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

This is a PDF document...it was created using Adobe. I'm a graphic designer and quite familiar with how Illustrator works...thank you very much.

OK, its not a layer, according to mnemeth1 its a clipping layer. Is that better, graphic designer? And you can open pdf files with the program, and it does what I said it does. I believe that it has been edited, but that its not proof its fake.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
There is another easy way to see the layers. Open the original :
www.whitehouse.gov...
and watch it load. If you have a fast computer you may not see it. Try loading a youtube video in another window to slow things down and refresh the page. You can see it load the different layers.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Just to add to this. The PDF document is a rasterized graphic. Inkscape only opens files in vector and automatically does the conversion. This is why it created these layers. However, Adobe will open the file in the original form as it was saved. (whereas in Adobe, you can view the document in the original raster before converting it to vector),

edit on 27-4-2011 by meeneecat because: add

Ok, but why does it open the parts in different layers? I do see what you mean though, of course Inkscape needs to convert the pdf to jpg, but why into those layers rather than one flat one?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Learn to use the program before opening your mouth.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join