It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's NEW Birth Certificate proven to be fake hours after release

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Please give me a link to the MSNBC .pdf, I could only find the .jpg link

Thanks

link   
The title is false.

This should be moved to Hoax forum. OCR layers can be generated from any document.

So now birthers endorse blatant hoaxes if it suits their needs?
edit on 27-4-2011 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by randyvs

This guy Jerome Corsi has No 1 best seller on this issue. And he claims Obama's Presidency is not going to survive it's release. Which is in three weeks. Get it ?

Oh yeah?

Ever fact check that guy by looking at his past books?

He just makes shizz up.

Don't rely on a Drudge headline, there is a reason why this "great" author doesn't get much (if any) press.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acetradamus
" “Hate to bring this up, but I just checked the official web site for Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital and according to the information there, the name of the hospital at the time of his birth should have been Kauikeolani Children’s Hospital. According to the web site the name didn’t change to Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital until Kauikeolani Children’s Hospital merged with Kapi‘olani Maternity Home in 1978. So how could his official long form birth certificate that was generated in 1961 have the name of the hospital that wasn’t created until 1978?”

whats this?

SOMEONE with more knowledge than me.................. is this TRUE?>

SMOKING GUN???

link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

Your post is false. Quit spreading dis-information.

link   

Originally posted by STL0913

Originally posted by Justice2012
reply to post by Blaine91555

Wow you have a lot of posts... Is there a reason you seem so determined to clarify everything and restate your expertise?

You are falling off a cliff right now in your defense of this form...

Probably not, but like me, I think this guy is tired of the psuedo-science "evidence" OP has copied and pasted on this site and the fact that everyones buying it. Those who aren't experts on OCR and adobe illustrator should really listen to him because he does this for a profession and is probably the only expert in this thread. I have limited experience but have worked with OCR, and I can tell he knows what he's talking about and you should listen.

If he was such an expert he'd know the difference between a text layer and an image layer. Thanks for the PM's by the way.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by STL0913

I've been a photoshop/illustrator head since I was 16 I'm now 27.

What he said isn't very complicated, although the presentation of the idea I agree took some work.

I just know that if I was going to do something that would appear on ATS, I would definitely recruit people to go here to make persuasive points and counterpoints.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This thread is a FAIL.
BC is genuine, get over it.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Thanks

Link: MSN Obama's Birth Certificate
After running this specific pdf file through Adobe Acrobat Reader X, the file appears to be in one whole piece. No layers can be found. Unless MSNBC.com was responsible for creating the pdf, this particular document is authentic and real.

When it comes to what program was used to create the scan, Adobe Photoshop CS and a flatbed scanner were utilized.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ericsnow
Debunked by like 1 or 2 "experts"... with an additional 6 or 7 experts who clearly knew what they were talking saying it is indeed faked.

No.

As in I use OmniPage at work. I know what the program does. What I didn't understand was the Adobe Illustrator portion of the OP.

You can see that I had an open mind at the beginning of this discussion and made up my mind once the facts were there. It was pages ago!

Trust me. Look up OmniPage. This is what most businesses (and most liekly public offices) use when transferring paper to digital.

It's completely normal.

Even if it was layered out to be edited, and hoaxed, it doesn't help that this is what a Doc looks like when scanned in by a proggie like OmniPage.

Hence, the layers prove nothing and you need to look at other facts at this point.

edit on 27-4-2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

So now birthers endorse blatant hoaxes if it suits their needs?

Birthers ?
Again" The most powerful political force in the nation".
edit on 27-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by prizim
The problem here is that you do not know how a scanner works.

Sorry, you are incorrect.

The PROBLEM is, that no matter what is presented, the same people who are "NOT-racist," are going to have a problem with the evidence.

And, the really annoying part of this is,... NOTHING is going to happen based upon this line of criticism of the President. -- I'm really wishing these people would criticize his policies; LIKE NOT ENDING THE DANG SECRET GOVERNMENT.

Continuing Bush's legacy with the same crooks at the helm of the our Economic infrastructure -- and really, everywhere you look. And keeping the Executive privilege of being able to "Disappear People" is a much bigger issue than if the guy was born in the USA or got here when two-years-old.

Being born here, doesn't stop all these Politicians from selling out to foreign business interests, does it? We kicked out the British to come full circle in the 21st Century by putting an Economic Royalists at the top of the Republican Ticket. Who cares if we import an illegal Mexican at this point? -- any random person would do better than these Kleptocrats we've had for 3 decades.

>> So, GOOD LUCK pointing out visual artifacts that can happen with Scanning (moire patterns), JPEG compression of files (blockiness and hue inconsistencies), and of course, documents that have certain things like signatures PRE-PRINTED! Yeah, I've got a signature right on the dollar in my pocket -- wonder who got busy signing each and every bill in circulation?

link   

Again from what I understand I posted a high resolution white image of the Long Form which an ATS member has said was from the microfiche. It was then transferred over to the green "official" background we see on the short form Obama certificate.

Here's the workflow:
1. Original document in a book of records kept at the hospital
2. Page from records book is transferred to microfiche - much as if it were Xeroxed. (Thus, it looks like a copy from a book)
3. Years later, said microfiche is transferred to a digital medium since microfiche has a limited lifespan and takes up space
4. Original document/book is destroyed due to space.
5. Original microfiche is destroyed due to space or age
6. Hospital adopts a "tamper-proof" background as standard-practice
7. Moron at hospital is building a database of records, finds digital document and uses OCR to import the image and make the data searchable in the database. Forgets to flatten layers
8. After a nonsensical delay, an official reproduction of the certificate is provided. Original document (steps 1-3) is married to the now standard tamper-proof background, and sent out as a PDF. (Again, standard practice)
9. PDF is imported into Illustrator and layering is apparent due to the OCR
10. In essence, this is a "fake", as the original document in paper form NO LONGER EXISTS AS IS STANDARD PRACTICE FOR BACKING UP DOCUMENTS. However, it's as close to real as it gets nowadays, folks
edit on 4/27/2011 by atlguy because: added #10

link   

Originally posted by Section31

Thanks

Link: MSN Obama's Birth Certificate
After running this specific pdf file through Adobe Acrobat Reader X, the file appears to be in one whole piece. No layers can be found. Unless MSNBC.com was responsible for creating the pdf, this particular document is authentic and real.

Where is the original one I provided from MSNBC without the green background? The .pdf file is all over the place

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Thanks

Dude. The Whitehouse.gov PDF does have layers and it doesn't mean anything read through the posts.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

where does this fit in?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm not a "birther." And until this document was released, I had assumed that Obama was most likely born in the United States. I'm not sure what to think now.

Here's the problem: It looks pretty decisively that this particular document is a forgery. To me, that still does not conclusively PROVE that Obama was not born in the United States. Absence of evidence...is not evidence.

That being said, I do find it rather amusing that a group of people bent on discrediting what the government says and does (hey, I'm one of 'em...seems like all the government does is lie about everything)...is so eager to swallow this as absolute proof of Obama's citizenship. People believe that intelligent beings from other planets in the universe can bend space/time and travel light years to anally probe us and slaughter cattle...but they're not willing to believe that federal government would release a fake document to the public.

I'm left scratching my head.

It'll be interesting to see how the document's layers play out in the national media...that is, if the media cares to say anything about it.

Born in Hawaii, or born on the Moon, it still doesn't take away his legacy of Worst President in US History.

edit on 27-4-2011 by linedoc because: God told me to.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlguy

Again from what I understand I posted a high resolution white image of the Long Form which an ATS member has said was from the microfiche. It was then transferred over to the green "official" background we see on the short form Obama certificate.

Here's the workflow:
1. Original document in a book of records kept at the hospital
2. Page from records book is transferred to microfiche - much as if it were Xeroxed. (Thus, it looks like a copy from a book)
3. Years later, said microfiche is transferred to a digital medium since microfiche has a limited lifespan and takes up space
4. Original document/book is destroyed due to space.
5. Original microfiche is destroyed due to space or age
6. Hospital adopts a "tamper-proof" background as standard-practice
7. Moron at hospital is building a database of records, finds digital document and uses OCR to import the image and make the data searchable in the database. Forgets to flatten layers
8. After a nonsensical delay, an official reproduction of the certificate is provided. Original document (steps 1-3) is married to the now standard tamper-proof background, and sent out as a PDF. (Again, standard practice)
9. PDF is imported into Illustrator and layering is apparent due to the OCR

Yuppers. This is what I do constantly for old paper records!

This is exactly what I do and I can verify the process.

You can check this out for yourselves people with the same software!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I have scanned 1000's of Documents.

OCR and Normal Locked Layer Scans.

Not Once has it ever changed my Font.

As in 7:24 P.M. on the Document.

It has never Placed a White Layer around everything Black & Gray.

The Whole Purpose of the OCR is to Catalog or insert in a Database, at that point Font is Irrelevant.

So why would OCR Software change the Font? As in 7:24 P.M. on the Document.

if OCR software pulled the Text, why would it re-insert it crooked?

On a Typewriter if you hit Capital (K) Key and Lowercase (A) at the same time will you get an offset Capital (K)?

Where is the Birth Certificate he used to get his Driver License? into College? Schools?

This just isn't adding up.....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by atlguy

where does this fit in?

It doesn't. After going back and checking the White House Version, I can officially say that it is also authentic. No layers on my end. I will try and open it up on my production computer later.

Keep in mind that I am a Republican leaning (but not a 100% loyalist) voter.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join