It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoardings across India: worry over the world ending in 25 days

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well, they're very superstitious usually. There are many gurus that many there worship, and in some villages they do things like bury people foot to neck during a solar eclipse. The next generation may be skeptical, though, because they're exposed to the internet.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
reply to post by DaddyBare

That's the form of math he used? Jeez, I was under the impression he went the simple route and just did the classic Israel being established in 1948 + 70 years for a generation, ending up in 2018, and subtracting 7 years of tribulation for Christians. But, you know, whatever makes him sound smart.

Anyways, this is going to be bad. I know nothing is going to happen on May 21st, at least, not the Rapture, and I'm a Christian.

Sigh.. I know people are going to be blaming ALL Christians collectively once nothing happens that day. "Oh, you're a Christian? LMAO! Nothing happened on May 21st, you're wrong, you're wrong, la-de-da-de-da! Where's your God now?"

Oh for fug's sake.

That's exactly what's gonna happen, it takes one nut job to make the rest look crazy.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Hoardings are billboards;

A billboard (also called a "hoarding" in the UK and many other parts of the world) is a large outdoor advertising structure (a billing board), typically found in high traffic areas such as alongside busy roads. Billboards present large advertisements to passing pedestrians and drivers.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
Nothing wrong with being prepared for a disaster I suppose. Hopefully the foodstuffs they are hoarding are non-perishable and will last longer than 25 days.

Makes me wonder...not many Indians must be on ATS, it would be sheer pandemonium if they take such doomsday predictions so seriously!

the hoarding mentioned in the article is not actually food hoarding, its saying that hoardings as in billboards are cropping up all over india, warning people..

edit to add: when i looked back after posting this, someone had already pointed it out.

edit on 27/4/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Well, Indian here.
And yeah, that's the right way to call me.
Come on guys, you can't believe what the media has been feeding you all these years!
It isn't all that bad like you can think it to be

See! I can speak, read and write English

I ain't superstitious either.

Anyways, the news report seems to be a hoax, cos there are no such hoardings here & Kashmir Examiner??
Thats like the first time am hearing of that.

Plus no reports any where else.

The media are slightly controlled here, but not as bad.
There are a few straight forward publishing houses as well.

edit on 27-4-2011 by letmeDANz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I get it now..
Pardon my remiss in Language colloquialisms from India...
Still I have to say... Why there of all places... why not here in the states... esp calif??? where hes from
edit on 27-4-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This reminds me of the "Great Dissapointment" experienced by the early teaching of the Seventh day Adventist church. They prophecised that Jesus was going to return on October 22, 1844 and had a huge following of people who was waiting for jesus return.

The Great Dissapointment

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Am not sure if there is going to be pandemonium here for quite a few reasons.

People here are quite used to threats, specially in the form of terror.
And the folks here tend to help everyone out and try bouncing back to normalcy.

But one thing is for certain, everyone & i mean everyone, probably even new born babies know that everything the government says or does is with vested interests.
Politics is known to be hand in glove with corruption.

Just like anywhere else, but its more far widely accepted and we deal with it

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
This reminds me of the "Great Dissapointment" experienced by the early teaching of the Seventh day Adventist church. They prophecised that Jesus was going to return on October 22, 1844 and had a huge following of people who was waiting for jesus return.

Yeah, that was quite a lesson for those involved. People quit their jobs, gave away their possessions and even their homes. You'd think that would have turned people away from date-setting permanently, but it's still a popular pastime to this day.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I have an iron-clad prediction:

There will be much more silliness to come as we wind our way towards 2012 December.

So get your popcorn, cheezypoofs, and beer stored up and kick back and enjoy the show!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It must be grains they are hoarding, as there is little in the way of refridgeration in many Indian villages. One item they won't be hoarding is toilet paper. They don't use it, but use their right hand instead, then swish it around in a communal bucket of putrid water. Best wishes for a long life to those who like to eat in Indian restaurants!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If you go to their website, you would not believe how many countries they have put these billboards up in. I was shocked at how widespread this was across the world.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join