It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another Out Of Control Cop

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Originally posted by Elsek
Im tired of everyone making such rash generalization.

Just because you can show a few clips of police brutatilty, your only showing the minority of cases. You forget to show clips of cops saving peoples lives.

Youre 100% right, people ONLY wanna see the negative things in life, they THRIVE on pain and misery, God FORBID you show a TRUE Hero

Perhaps some people do. I'd recon most of us just wan't to see the evil cops in action with the hope that it leads to their demise. God forbid the reality of 'heroes' reaching common peoples knowledge. You can have threads about good cop stories but that doesn't change the fact that in the end they are all bad. Even if they rescue a kitten, help change a tire, give cpr to someone and smile to video while they do it. Once they've done their 'feel good' job of the day they are back to being normal. Normal for cops is planting drugs/weapons, arresting people without basis, tazering without reason, searching stuff without warrants or just go back behind the thin blue line to cover for their corrupt friends.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
It's rare when you see someone "break through the police uniform's shields". When 10 guys in uniform can't be touched by 10,000 angry people, what else do you call that? A hypnotic program trance.

If a police officer is having a bad night and has a few whiskeys while still in uniform, we aren't allowed to defend ourselves against his irrational assaults? It's just a hypothetical scenario, but no one has ever clarified to me where the line is when it comes to corrupt police actions vs civilian legal response to that.

I forget the exact case but your legally allowed to defend yourself against an unlawful arrest. That is a very, very tricky one because you have to know the law very,very,very well.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Stories like your friends's are impossible to be verified in this forum. So, based on no verification, anyone can make up any story to justify their point. So, in order to prevent this, any and all third party abstract stories should be considered bunk in order to keep a level field of reference when debating this issued in this forum.

Plus, your friends experiences represent his experience with an extremely small sample of police officers in the United States. And it is unclear to what extent this type of attitude was practiced among officers he worked with.
Your friend may state all of them but is that figure really accurate?

My experience should not matter in this issue. First, because I have made no statements or arguments that are so far fetched as to require extensive experience on the issue. I simply use reason and logic to look at the situation and formulate an argument.

One of two things would happen if I were to divulge exactly what my experience is. One, I would say that I am a cop and then you would reply that I am one of the corrupt, brutal cops that you speak of and am only trying to cover or continue with alleged brutality. Or second, I would say that I am not a cop and you would say that I am a police "wanna be" or apologist or I am one of those people conditioned to believe cops. Either way your assumptions would be completely wrong.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This one actually could use a thread of it's own. Body slamming a 15 year old girl to the pawement. Nice job

From Youtube
Via Gawker

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join