It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 encountered Space Serpent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Approximately one day before reaching the moon, the Apollo 11 astronauts observed an unidentified object keeping pace with their spacecraft.

According to transcripts of the technical debriefing following the Apollo 11 mission, "astronauts Armstrong, Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin and Michael Collins told of an encounter with a large cylindrical UFO even before reaching the Moon," U.S. investigative journalist and researcher Jim Marrs documents.

Jim Marrs further presents that Mr. Aldrin said, "The first unusual thing that we saw I guess was one day out or pretty close to the Moon. It had a sizable dimension to it". 

Aldrin said the Apollo crew at first thought the object was the Saturn 4 booster rocket (S-IVB); but, he added,   "We called the ground and were told the S-IVB was 6,000 miles away." 

Mr. Aldrin described the UFO as a cylinder, while Armstrong said it was "really two rings. Two connected rings".

Collins also said it appeared to be a hollow, tumbling cylinder. He added, "It was a hollow cylinder. But then you could change the focus on the sextant and it would be replaced by this open-book shape. It was really weird."

Link

Compare the crew's descriptions with this clip from the documentary "Secret Space."

Buzz Aldrin's account:

NOTE: The object seen this video IS NOT the object observed by Apollo 11. It's reportedly from another mission, which is unfortunately never elaborated on.

I believe what the crew of Apollo 11 encountered was a space serpent. Whether it's a living creature, like Chris Everard maintains, I don't know. However, it's clearly not confined to Earth orbit. It's able to move freely and, considering where Apollo 11 was at the time of the sighting (approximately 200,000 miles away), rules out the possibility of it being space debris.

If it's a natural object, it is unlike anything ever seen.

Furthermore, I think it makes it harder to dismiss the claims of those who argue that Apollo encountered UFOs on the moon itself.

If it's alien, it's of course a big deal.

But, in my opinion, it's a big deal even if it's not alien. It's something completely new in nature, with perhaps no Earthly counterpart. Science should be rushing to study it. But they choose to sit on their hands and tell us there's nothing out there, regardless of all the evidence to the contrary.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

You lost me at... "Approximately one day before reaching the moon..."

We spend BILLIONS per WEEK for the premise of KILLING people, but golly gee, not one single country could or has been able to afford, or duplicate, 1960s NASA technology and gone "back" to the moon for themselves.
Somehow that just doesn't feel right to me or millions of others who tend to question everything they hear from KILLERS of innocent civilians, I don't mean NASA, I mean their bosses. Same team, different agency.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The only serpents these men would of encountered would be rattlers while filming on set.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
O.K. stay with me for a sec....

The smaller we look the more similarities we see, the larger we look the more similarities we see.

Like one cell the earth. Of the Galactic whole....cycles and all, with purpose like any other cell.

Or if you prefer the grand to small, molecules and our solar system, notice an atom's similarity to a planetary orbit.

We are smaller than we realize, and larger than we can imagine....all at the same time.

Life is so neat

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious

But, in my opinion, it's a big deal even if it's not alien. It's something completely new in nature, with perhaps no Earthly counterpart. Science should be rushing to study it. But they choose to sit on their hands and tell us there's nothing out there, regardless of all the evidence to the contrary.

I agree. Excuse my cynicism, but this is why I don't see the loss of SETI funding as such a huge tragedy. If you're supposed to be looking for intelligent life, why not follow up on the obvious?

This is what I meant when I called them "hidebound idiots" in another thread. How have they convinced so many people of the logic of looking for radio signals from distant parts of the galaxy, particularly when there are abundant signs of intelligent life interacting with us right in our own neighborhood?

I don't want to turn this into a rant, but let me give an example. I don't remember what documentary I was watching or when it was, but in response to one point they interviewed a SETI "scientist." His basic response went something like this: "Think of what it would take to get here from another star system, which is so very far, far away. They'd have to get up to the speed of light for half the journey, and then for the other half they'd have to put on the 'brakes' to slow back down to normal speed. Just for that they'd need engines the size of our cruise ships."

My response:

a) So the f--- what? Who says they didn't?

b) So the f--- what? Who says they did? If there were a civilization that was even just 100 years advanced beyond ours (never mind 10,000 or a 100,000 years), don't you think they'd have figured out a way to neutralize the arguments of 1930s science? How far do you think we'll be advanced in that respect in 100 years? I sincerely hope we'll be advanced beyond sending lonely radio waves out into the galaxy hoping someone will pick them up with their huge ground-based antennas....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
How did you get "Space Serpent" from "hollow, tumbling cylinder"?

Russia had a littering problem too, you know.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This is really interesting. If you block the sun, with a book, and practice looking, not quickly, spend 30 minutes out and acclimatized, you will notice, insects, and weird larger items, way up high, not every time, but often, that disappear outside this lighter strip. I noticed insects, odd seedpods that don't just float from the trees, but hovered near me and then flew up. Also, then next level in size are birds. But after that, things bigger than birds, higher than birds? Didn't make sense, it was very magical.

In addition, one of the sitings we had, was a black triangle laying on top of a cloud, I looked away and it became a manta ray shape, then, seemed to be connected subtly, it seemed to say goodbye and before it occurred, I knew it was going to sink up in the clouds.

I suspect. that the universe we live in, which to me I believe is a holographic creation akin to a digital computerized television with infinite channels inwards, however, I've seen pics of what looks like a brain neuron and solar systems seem much like cells. So what do we know about these "critters", could they be workers in the system, whats inside a body anyway, and on a molecular level even....Are we akin to microbes in an ai body suit?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by treespeaker
notice an atom's similarity to a planetary orbit.

FYI, there is no similarity whatsoever.

The 'traditional' way of representing Bohr's atom as seen in textbooks has no physical counterpart. It's just a gross simplification to aid in teaching.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
My most vivid and ONLY recurring dream is of a giant space Centipede....Not in space, but swimming around our night sky....glowing....

^^Alot like this guy^^..

I've only ever mentioned this to my wife, until now.....i tend to wait on people with similar experiences before opening my mouth.....

Not that it means much......Just a dream, i think...

top topics

join