It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Releases Obama's Long-Form Birth Certificate

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I would just like to respectfully post a reminder that many in the so-called "birther nation" simply wanted what happened today to happen 21/2 years ago. Period.

So now that he has apparently provided the document that many of the er, uh, "non-birthers" insisted didn't exist in the first place I believe there is plenty of crow to go around.

I honestly don't think there is any room for smugness on either side when it comes to Barak Obama.
edit on 27-4-2011 by glad_to_be_His because: fix italic

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndFUTURE

Even if what you claim was true, since Wong Kim Ark the standing law has been that everyone born in the United States is a natural born citizen, safe for the exceptions mentioned above.

You may wish to overturn this, or argue what the framers intended, but that doesn’t change the fact that this was the existing law when Barack Obama was born.

edit on 27-4-2011 by aptness because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by freakjive

Don't you think they released it a little LATE lol i call fake

You (meaning birthers in general) demanded to see his birth certificate. He showed it after a long time. You said it was fake and demanded to see the long form. he showed the long form after a long time and now it's also a fake. Now people are demanding some forensics expert to look at it, but you will just say they were paid off or in cahoots with the whole thing.

And if he still hadn't released it you guys would still be demanding to see it knowing full well you would just call it a fake if he did. It's a lose, lose situation when your demands are unreasonable.

Why do you guys keep demanding things that you already have a rebuttal for? Do any of you actually believe that he will be kicked out of office for not being a citizen? I highly doubt any of you do, so you gotta move on with your life. what a waste of time.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I said they were racists and idiots. What do you want me to do, say I see red when I see blue? Say I see a mountain when there's nothing but flat land in from of me? It seems you do. Doesn't matter if it's the truth. If it's not a NICE truth, it shouldn't be said.

You want me to take that back? FIne. NONE of the birthers were racists. ALL of the birthers were brilliant.

There ya go.

Very good of you! And I will stop calling those blind followers Nazi Koolaid drinkers too. No harm no foul

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Yes , I stated back in 1961, not 1995 when it was political correct to say african as a RACE. How can african be a race??

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by aptness

Wong Kim Ark case never used the term "Natural Born". It doesn't apply in this case. Neither does the 14th amendment

Natural Born is a different qualification than just "citizen". You can be a citizen of two countries and thus disqualified for presidency. Divided loyalties puts the country in danger.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
it states that his mother was 18 years of age at the time of his birth, hawaiin law states that she must be at least 19 years of age to confer citizenship at the time.

and it also states his father is a foreign national

therefore, obamas citizenship defaults to kenyan.

the controversey lies in why the long form, containing these 2 vital peices of eligibility information, was not used to confirm his eligibility from the start.

so in a nutshell, he was born in hawaii, but technically that wasnt the only requirement to receive citizenship at the time.

No it does not, quit with this blatant case of disinformation. The age of consent in Hawaii is 16 and she was a legal adult at 18 so with that in mind since Obama was born in Hawaii means HE IS A FULLY FLEGGED UNITED STATES CITIZEN BY BIRTH!

link   

Originally posted by glad_to_be_His

I would just like to respectfully post a reminder that many in the so-called "birther nation" simply wanted what happened today to happen 21/2 years ago. Period.

Understood. But look how many aren't satisfied. Look at how they're claiming this as a fake within one hour of it being released! It's exactly as I (and many others) predicted.

So now that he has apparently provided the document that many of the er, uh, "non-birthers" insisted didn't exist in the first place I believe there is plenty of crow to go around.

I never said it didn't exist.

And I do realize that many of us "non-birthers" are being a bit smug today. But it's hard not to be.

link   
I do not believe ignorant birthers are already crying fake and that this isn't good enough :shk:

Obama...I knew this was your plan the whole time...but you played your hand too early. Should of waited until after the primaries.

Obama needs to hire me as his strategist

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

2nd future, I truly wish that you and the other birthers would crawl back into your snail-shells and just give up. This is long long past the point of reasonable discussion. The fact that you have to resort to letters from John Jay should tell you something. You lost this argument a long time ago. You are just making our country look retarded.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Texcin

Yes , I stated back in 1961, not 1995 when it was political correct to say african as a RACE. How can african be a race??

African American is the pc term nowadays while in 1961 the Southern states used the term Negro on their BC's but wasn't a national standard then or even now.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndFUTURE
reply to post by Aggie Man

Look up John Jay's letter to George Washington. John Jay later became supreme court Jusitce and wrote a letter to George Washington while the framers were working on the constitution.

New-York, 25th July, 1787.
Dear Sir,

Permit me to hint whether it would not be wise and seasonable to provide a strong check to the admission of foreigners into the administration of our national government ; and to declare expressly that the command in chief of the American army shall not be given to, nor devolve on any but a natural born citizen.

I remain, dear sir,
Your faithful friend and servant,
John Jay.

Yeah, OK...So what point are you making? He didn't define natural born. All he did was reaffirm what the constitution already says...that only a natural born citizen can be commander in Chief (i.e., POTUS).

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by aptness

Originally posted by getreadyalready
There has to be some motivation for releasing it today.
Right... there’s always a conspiracy. There was one when he didn’t release it, and there must be one now because he released it.

It turns out we were right when we said nothing would convince the birthers, including the damn document they demanded to see for years.

No, quite the opposite, I am only questioning his strategy. People have speculated for a long time that he would release this document at the key opportune moment for maximum political impact, so I just want to know what makes today that moment?

I think he made a mistake...gave into the pressure by Trump. Which I don't know why because the media, even Fox News, was backing Obama on this saying they have verified he was born in Hawaii.

This is exactly when you stay silent and don't address it...until the Republican candidate makes it a central theme of their platform.

Seriously...I think I'm going to apply to be one of Obama's strategist...I don't think his people know what they are doing in that aspect.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

You'll have to ask the person that filled it out. It's what the short form said and people questioned it then. I believe the race is designated by the parent and the typist just fills in what they say as race.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Too funny. You are all proving everyone right who said you were lying when you pretended that him not releasing the long form was meaningful. You were lying. You do not care at all. Over and over, you pretended that it was meaningful that he hadn't released it. Where is it, you said, isn't that suspicious? And you were told that you would just shift the goalposts -- that if you ever got it, you wouldn't accept it, period. You denied that. You were lying.

PS: I don't like birthers because I hate Obama, and they are obviously enabling him to do evil by constantly distracting everyone from what matters.
edit on 27-4-2011 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is a huge distraction issue, even Trump the biggest proponent of it, wants it to be over so Americans can move on to the more important issues.
My biggest problem with Obama is not where he is born, but his continuation of American imperialism and his lack of effort of trying to earn his noble peace prize.

Change and Hope were mere rhetoric, that people were desperate for after the debacle of the Bush years.
Instead we have been deeply disappointed with more of the same.

The birth issue is a non-issue with me, what concerns me with Obama is his lack of leadership when he was elected because he was so respected around the world compared to Bush. He should have used that, but instead he squandered it. Now it's gone.

2012 will be like a vote of non-confidence for Obama, where new leadership that is willing to radically change the direction of America, I would suggest:

1) Ron Paul
If not him, then, as much as I hate to say it, but just because a radical directional change is required.
2)Donald Trump

edit on 27-4-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

A natural born citizen is one who is a citizen by virtue of the conditions of his birth. The fourteenth amendment grants citizenship to all persons born inside the US. Our president was born in the United States, and thus is and always has been a natural-born citizen.

Your attempts to re-define the term "natural-born citizen" fail.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndFUTURE
Wong Kim Ark case never used the term "Natural Born".
Except that it did, as I pointed out and cited from the opinion in my post here. If you can count, you will see the term “natural-born” is used 45 times. But keep saying they “never used the term natural born.” You already clearly believe this delusion, maybe someone else will too.

It doesn't apply in this case.
If you say so. Unfortunately your opinion is absolutely immaterial for Barack Obama’s natural born citizenship status.

Neither does the 14th amendment
I’ve had enough discussions regarding flawed and misguided interpretations of what “subject to the jurisdiction” means.

You can be a citizen of two countries and thus disqualified for presidency.
Good thing Obama isn’t a “citizen of two countries” then, huh?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Honestly, I never cared about the birth certificate, it was a stupid topic to focus on when he is doing far worse things that have things worthy of focus. If you ask me this was all but a mere distraction to get sights off his actions.

Way to go Donald Trump
/sarcasm

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

This may or may not be real, but it has been photoshopped.
The writing etc is on a multiply layer to show that silly green background... which makes me wonder...
Why didn't they just show an undoctered version?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join