It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Releases Obama's Long-Form Birth Certificate

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Calm it down, fake real...who knows?

Here's what I think....

1st question: Where is the size/weight of the child?

2nd question: Didn't know they use the word "African" as a race classification term in the 1960's!?!?!

3rd question: "Mother's Mailing Address" .. where's that at? - I mean did neither of them have an address where they were at least staying while in Hawaii? (Or their physical address where they resided elsewhere?)

I'm gonna be honest with you - Question #2 is the real kicker here...this is only a mistake that someone from today would make. Our society is obsessed with being politically correct and we have been drilled to not say certain words and to only use certain words when describing the race other people...it's easy to screw something like this up. (Especially if you are someone from the FARR LEFFFFT)

Link to Ehow.com - "Race terms used in 1960 for birth certificates"

Just my thoughts...

First post - long time lurker & for the record...I'm not really a "birther" guy.

I think the debate is dumb...but if I were president and I was 100% sure that I was born where I said I was...I would have release the document 2 years ago. (No matter how hard it was...then moved on and focused on the "important" issues)

I would have never called ANY of the American people silly/dumb for worrying about the issue...I would have agreed that "it was an important issue and if I was on the other side of the fence...I would have thought and felt the same)...then....I would have moved on.

It's just sketchy that they are doing it now.

Seems more like a campaigning tactic if you ask me...president is losing public trust and support...and now the heat was on with Trump on the case lol....but what do you do?

Come out and say "See...I've been telling the truth the entire time!"

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

It is a construct, yes?

It is not a scanned document, yes?

If they took the original, copied it onto new green-grid paper, and then scanned that. You would not have found layers, yes?

The only logical conclusion...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well I have to say it's about damned time! But why the long wait to release it Barry? And why now? He thinks it's a distraction from more important issues? He didn't think it's been a distraction for the last two years? I say watch the hidden hand..not the one holding the BC.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

To reiterate, if you don't know what you're talking about, please stay out of the digital media argument.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Oh, better watch out.

Somehow, even though Obama's mom married an Indonesian. Obama's name was changed to the Indonesians name...a sign of adoption, even though he's been PROVEN to go to non-international Indonesian schools.

He's somehow never been Indonesian...LMAO.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Uhhhh....but someone in such a high job must show their birth certificate......especially if its in the job description.

link   
reply to post by Byteman

Byteman, the layers were created by the text recognition software. You can create layers from any valid document. Send me a copy of your birth certificate and I'll show you layers.

Don't be a tool.

link   

Do you lack the courage of conviction?

Make your declaration...you bothered to submit it so make your declaration.

Are you claiming it's a fake document or not?

And BTW, you don't have any damn right telling me what to do...do you understand?
edit on 27-4-2011 by Byteman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
reply to post by freakjive

It's not a fake. These are OCR layers. This is what happens when you scan a document using text recognition software. These layers are created as a result. Any document you scan like this will come up with layers.

I just tore it apart also. You are exactly correct. They simply attempted to turn it into a searchable document. The other conclusions about this document were wrong.

Whoever said otherwise was mistaken and not as expert as they professed.

I'd better repeat here that I'm as anti-Obama as a person can get, but I'm also anti-fool and anti-liar. This is a scan of a document and the OCR Reader in Acrobat was used to make it searchable. I use that feature often. Just open the "image" in Photoshop instead of the document defined by the bounding box and you will see where the OCR replaced the characters it could read.

I think it's time for the Birthers to stop making the rest of us look like fools and help Obama get elected. Sometimes I wonder if some of you are actually plants trying to get Obama elected.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
reply to post by freakjive

It's not a fake. These are OCR layers. This is what happens when you scan a document using text recognition software. These layers are created as a result. Any document you scan like this will come up with layers.

BRB
edit on 4/27/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

See the administration knew that with Trump in the middle now ? They were going to have to produce this fake certificate. They knew ATS would immediatly be able to prove it's a fake. So they gave some press talks about how The birthers would just be," Moving the goal posts" after they do release. Then comes the release and just like THEY said The birthers are claming hoax.

But ATS has just PROVED it to be a hoax. That's a bit different from a claim. Because that's what we do here, even more than conspiracies.

We do the truth.

Good job ATS.

edit on 27-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle

It is clearly photoshopped. I still cry foul!
edit on 27-4-2011 by thorazineshuffle because: (no reason given)

No, it's not.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bigwig22

These look like OCR scanning layers. PDF's use layers in scanned documents for separating text and images

If they were true layers, they'd be truly separated and you wouldn't have the background "paper" with chunks taken out of it.

My suspicion is that the birth record was pulled electronically, printed onto security paper, scanned to PDF form (we do that at my work as well) and then given to whoever.

As an IT guy, this makes sense to me and is the simplest explanation for multiple layers. If the Whitehouse wanted to produce a fake, I'm pretty sure they'd go to a bit more trouble to make it look more authentic. People don't know the process that is gone through to get these records and until you know that you can't rule out ignorance of the facts as the reason why people are saying it's fake.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by drmeola
You all are clueless, first of all it matters not where he was born the rules and regulations for eligibility for the office of president of the US, clearly states that both parents must be US Citizens period,

Oh, please do show me the official rules and regulations book that states that... From a LEGIT site...Not some fringe, biased site.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle

Originally posted by xavi1000
Here is the long form birth certificate

www.whitehouse.gov...

Look at the photoshopped corner, fake!!!!!!

Never heard of an official COPY? Read the writing at the bottom.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Yeah? hopefully that's sarcasm, because it looks like that link is saying the opposite... explaining what I just posted.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman

Do you lack the courage of conviction?

Make your declaration...you bothered to submit it so make your declaration.

Are you claiming it's a fake document or not?

Dude, I am dealing in facts, not speculation.

I thought it interesting that someone opened it in AI and found all the layers and stuff. I decided to do it myself and show the layers menu expanded so everyone could see how many parts there were to the certificate. Do you think the average scanned birth certificate could be opened in Adobe Illustrator and contain all those edits? Why not just scan the damn thing and show the world, just as it is?

I think it just creates as many questions as it did before they released it, frankly. I'm not convinced that it's real, yet I'm not convinced that the information on it is false. I just smell a rat, like most people here. The backstory alone is pretty foggy, yes? Why has it taken this long? Why was Obama referred to as "Kenyan-born" in news stories in the past? Why doesn't anyone from his class at Columbia remember him?

This is just one piece to the puzzle and it still doesn't quite fit. So that's my declaration.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019

Uhhhh....but someone in such a high job must show their birth certificate......especially if its in the job description.

To you? To the general public? Or to someone who confirms them for their job?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If anyone believes this is a real birth certificate for him I have some swamp land I would like to sell you. You disbelieve everything else the government says but you believe this....lol...Do you know how easy it is to make a birth certificate? I can make one for anyone anywhere in the world. They use to sell blanks online for $9.95....But, this doesn't matter as Obamanation gave up his citizenship and is Indonesian...So, he is ineligable to be president of the USA...Really doesn't matter about a birth certificate, even thought it is a fraud..he still cannot be president of the US...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Funny how the birthers are already spouting off exactly what we said they would if/when the long form was released.

I'm actually a little disappointed that Obama released it at this point. I was hoping he would let the loonies continue to take center stage and then pop them with the long form in the weeks leading up to the election.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

I can't help but think of this scene from Blazing saddles, when it comes to Obama and the birthers.

Show us your long form BC! "Scuse me just whip this out" *screams*

*WARNING*: This does have offensive language in it. Do not click if you are sensitive about such things.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join