It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA could act as an antenna in electromagnetic communications

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Hello All,

I did a search and couldnt find any topics on this, If there is then sorry for stealing any thunder

So apparently physicists have found that DNA communicates to each other through electromagnetic communication.

A theoretical physicist has presented research that shows bacteria might transmit electromagnetic signals to produce species-specific wavelengths. According to research presented by Northeastern University physicist Allan Widom, based on existing knowledge of DNA and electrons, bacteria can indeed communicate.

Source

I think this is really cool... It has a lot of potential to be used for great things. It makes me think; if they figure out how to crack the code could they tell the bacteria to kill itself or each other eventually curing the sickness? It would be really awesome to cure an infection via radio waves.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This is the phenomenon that several 2012 ascension proponents reference, coupled with the galactic super wave theory, that would explain the mechanics of ascension or even evolution. It is fascinating, to say the least. To me, it could seem feasible - but, what do I really know about it all.

Reminds me, unfortunately, of the little jingle at the beginning of this video (the video itself doesn't really pertain to your DNA information).

For some twisted reason, this jingle pops up in my mind when I read stuff like you posted.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Topsy_Cret

I think this is really cool... It has a lot of potential to be used for great things. It makes me think; if they figure out how to crack the code could they tell the bacteria to kill itself or each other eventually curing the sickness? It would be really awesome to cure an infection via radio waves.

They already have.

I use this machine for my sick mom, it's cured her Schloderma and Leukemia already.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

That's fantastic, thanks for the video. As an audio engineer this kinda stuff really interests me. I think it is; for lack of a better word, lame, that the pharma companies dont put out this kind of technology. I mean I understand that its a better profit to have people take a bunch of pills but still.

It should be about curing illness not making money !
edit on 27-4-2011 by Topsy_Cret because: meh... ya know, stuff

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Topsy_Cret

That's fantastic, thanks for the video. As an audio engineer this kinda stuff really interests me. I think it is; for lack of a better word, lame, that the pharma companies dont put out this kind of technology. I mean I understand that its a better profit to have people take a bunch of pills but still.

It should be about curing illness not making money !
edit on 27-4-2011 by Topsy_Cret because: meh... ya know, stuff

Yea, it truly is sad. Not many people realize how much the almighty dollar actually rules over this entire world, whether it be stuff like this, to the US holding back the trillion barrels of Oil we have here in our own country, to cars powered by water, to free, wireless electricity..

It makes me think, we really, really could be a far more advanced civilization if it wasn't for the almighty dollar, we probably would have been in a Golden Age right now

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I believe you are correct. But I think it is our greed causing the issues, not the actually money. If people weren't greedy then it wouldn't matter how much money their product makes, just as long as it serves its purpose.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Topsy_Cret
Hello All,

I did a search and couldnt find any topics on this, If there is then sorry for stealing any thunder

So apparently physicists have found that DNA communicates to each other through electromagnetic communication.

A theoretical physicist has presented research that shows bacteria might transmit electromagnetic signals to produce species-specific wavelengths. According to research presented by Northeastern University physicist Allan Widom, based on existing knowledge of DNA and electrons, bacteria can indeed communicate.

Source

No, the didn't find that bacteria actually do this, they proposed a possible method in which bacteria may be able to do this. This possible method of generating radio waves has nothing to do with purposeful intelligent bacterial communication, like hey here's food or attack this invading cell. It's just a possible quirk with DNA that naturally occurs, if it even occurs at all.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

why are you always such a killjoy?!

if it can be shown that DNA is capable of producing these types of resonances (which I personally think is quite plausible), it would hardly be a "quirk". such a discovery would likely revolutionize biology and physics and may even branch into its own fundamental discipline ...like "quantum biology" or something.

OP: don't listen to this troll. he likes to bully posters that he believes are incapable of properly defending themselves. there is a major underground (legitimate) scientific search for this very thing, and if the researchers from your article don't find it, someone will....and soon.

btw, sirnex, how do YOU know what constitutes "normal" bacterial communication? been to microbiology recently, or did you just pull that one out to sound extra-super smart n stuff? give me a break.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Read the article.

It does not say that this was actually discovered nor does it say that this is used for purposeful communication. It's just a possible thing that might naturally occur if it even occurs at all, that's all. Sort of like how spark plugs generate radio waves too. Just a natural consequence.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Topsy_Cret

Ahh yes, that's what I'm referring to, of course

top topics

join