It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police hunt joker who drew Hitler moustache

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk

A rural police force has been criticised for starting an investigation after a poster making a local councillor look like Hitler was put up on a village notice board.
After seeing the poster, Mr Beech reported it to the police. Officers began an inquiry under the Public Order Act, saying that the poster could be deemed to cause “harassment, alarm and distress” to the councillor.

Officers even conducted house-to-house inquiries, visiting homeowners at each of the hamlet’s 20 houses. Villagers said the investigation was “an outrageous waste of police and taxpayers’ money”.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This nonsense took place in a village in England, where police knocked on doors looking for who drew a Hitler mustache on the campaign poster of a councilman candidate.

The govts of Western countries seem to be getting quite nervous. I think this is quite bizarre. Last year in my hometown while visiting my mother, there was a campaign of some sort going on and yard signs all over for supporters, like we do in this neck o' the woods. One of the hopefuls was named MORAN.

In a yard near my mom's house, someone had doctored the sign to read....you guessed it: MORON.

Looked quite professional, too. We both just laughed. Didn't see any police knocking on the offending homeowner's door.

Brother.

OTOH,

Pitcombe is home to an estimated 40 people and only 13 crimes have been reported in the hamlet and surrounding villages all year.

Wow, that seems like a lot of crime in a village of forty people. If I lived in a village of forty, I'd be pretty reluctant to try anything criminal. I wonder what those other crimes were.

www.telegraph.co.uk
edit on 27-4-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2011 by wildtimes because: to add details regarding the village in question.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
This nonsense took place in a village in England, where police knocked on doors looking for who drew a Hitler mustache on the campaign poster of a councilman candidate.

The govts of Western countries seem to be getting quite nervous. I think this is quite bizarre. Last year in my hometown while visiting my mother, there was a campaign of some sort going on and yard signs all over for supporters, like we do in this neck o' the woods. One of the hopefuls was named MORAN.

In a yard near my mom's house, someone had doctored the sign to read....you guessed it: MORON.

Looked quite professional, too. We both just laughed. Didn't see any police knocking on the offending homeowner's door.

Brother.

OTOH,

Pitcombe is home to an estimated 40 people and only 13 crimes have been reported in the hamlet and surrounding villages all year.

Wow, that seems like a lot of crime in a village of forty people. If I lived in a village of forty, I'd be pretty reluctant to try anything criminal. I wonder what those other crimes were.

www.telegraph.co.uk

edit on 27-4-2011 by wildtimes because: to add details regarding the village in question.

If it's only home to 40 people the crimes probably have involved some drunken hoohaa over a lost game of monopoly... It's just a childish prank. The police are investigating it because they are too rubbish to actually look for REAL criminals.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

I should post a disclaimer - I'm reluctant in any case to try anything criminal. I live in a city of about 2 million.
Thanks for your resident insight. Cheers!!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
In a town of 40 people, the police probably get bored. Maybe one of their own did it...you know, for job security.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I'll admit it, I've altered a poster or two in my time, added horns or blacked out teeth and such nonsense.

To think that police would be put on the case to solve such a heinous crime, well, that's definitely going a bit too far. And a house-to-house search? Too much.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Forgive me, I know its the daily mail. But the pic alone I think proves a point..
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I wonder what the police do when there isn't any crime to investigate? I'm sure everyone has a title....town drunk, bully, gossip, thief, sheister. I guess it might be a good thing that such few crimes occur that the police gave this shenanigan such attention. Wish I lived in a town like that.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Absolutely freakin' hilarious! Thanks for the link!!
sigh. The whole world is going to....apathy...time wasting...I'd rather sit by a kid at a lake than look for hard criminals, too. Too funny.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The aggrieved councillor is probably a buddy of the senior police brass down at the local lodge, so tapped them to find the culprit. Perhaps the idiot should just grow a pair, suck it up and quit acting like a complete arse!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Looks like cops over there are like pump jockeys in Jersey.

Completely useless but leaving the position open helps "create jobs."

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
The aggrieved councillor is probably a buddy of the senior police brass down at the local lodge, so tapped them to find the culprit. Perhaps the idiot should just grow a pair, suck it up and quit acting like a complete arse!

I'd be willing to put money on a bit of grand hailing going on.
Mind you as far as the Masons goes I still like to think of them with a trouser leg rolled up and a nipple out.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
lol
there were probably more fish in that
waterin hole than there are people in
that town. Ya know dem criminal fishies
are hard to catch.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

The govts of Western countries seem to be getting quite nervous.

I'd say this councilman was quite a powerful person.

If he is a Nazi, I'd say he would have been terrified and ordered that the artist be found.

Most likely a childish prank, but how would he know that? He'd think someone is saying "I know who you are"...

Just a possible scenario that matches the reaction.
edit on 27/4/11 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
My God, I went to some do at a Conservative club once. They have large picture portraits of all the Conservative Prime ministers up the stair case...
Kicked myself for forgetting my marker pen. Probably a good job I did.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e3927a11c84.jpg[/atsimg]
A guy with weird hair, a big grin and a purple suit that hates bats. How hard can it be to find the Joker that drew a hitler mustache. Please!
edit on 27/4/11 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

You know, now that you mention it - if someone drew a "Hitler" mustache on a pic of the POTUS (no matter who it happened to be), and got caught,
would they be accused of treason?

Where does freedom of speech begin and end?

Yes, the web is full of "We know who you are...", and the PTB should be scared. Unless, of course, they're part of the web's "conspiracy" stuff disinfo agents.

I often wonder that: For example regarding Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura - the former of which was on The Colbert Report last night - Jesse's been making the rounds too, with his book.
Why is this being "allowed"?
I thought "What if they DO get elected? Will the election be fixed anyway so they never take office? (ref GW vs Gore), Will they be assassinated in an "accidental" plane wreck on their way to their victory rally? Will they simply become puppets themselves?"

Honestly, if they WERE to be elected, by popular vote (which I doubt is possible but still hope hope hope), what happens then?
We still have Congress to deal with, and we have seen how they diss the POTUS whenever they feel like it.

I know I've gone off topic a little bit, but - it's a thought worth thinking about. I think.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Panic over. The police have the culprit cornered.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

LOL, that picture is priceless. Two cops screwing around on their cell phones, and the older cop sitting there trying to look like a bad***.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What a joke. Well I know people who have done things like that with all the MLA things mailed out and put them up too.

I am in complete support of doing this by the way. And getting Bullhorns. Never forget crowds with bullhorns but defacing their pic, and writing what you think of them and putting them up in public is good good good.

They think they can shut people up. Wrong answer, man.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join