It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA has Released Info on Brown Dwarf Star Between Jupiter and Mars

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

As has been pointed out before, anyone can add a paper on that site. Cornwell simply hosts the site, but they are in no way claiming the papers are truth. These papers have not undergone the peer-review process and in many cases have not even been written by people with a PhD.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

All those quakes occurred in allignments. There are papers submitted to Cornwell university about all quakes of 8.6 and over being from allignments for a very long time of study.

The recent ones were Elenin. Alot of damage from a mere comet.

I have a feeling Elenin isn't a typical comet but a code for something else.

Can you provide a source other than Godlike Productions or YouTube videos that shows that researchers at Cornell University believes that quakes are caused by astronomical alignments? (They are caused by tectonic alignments.) As for Comet C2010 X-1 "causing" the Japan earthquake, that has shown to be a spurious correlation, a coincidence. As for your "feeling" that Elenin is not a typical comet, but a code for something else, I don't know what to say. It looks like a typical comet. It acts like a typical comet. It was discovered like a typical comet. It is being studied like a typical comet. Why should it be a "code" for anything?
edit on 28-4-2011 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct typo.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I've read nothing saying this is located between Jupiter and mars.... The Oort cloud is at the edge of the solar system...

Geesh ATS has gotten weak lately...
edit on 28-4-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

if elenin was in fact something else as you believe, why would they make the name so easy elenin so easy for people to turn it into th ELE event that you believe.

why wouldn't they just make it some random name? if there trying to cover it up they defenitley arent doing a good job, which is why all elenin is a comet like everyother comet that has passed earth before will pass earth now and will pass earth in the future

i don't understand that whenever something is discovered that is new people freak out and think its the end of times

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

This is the video that will explain things.

Astronomical Alignments Cause EARTHQUAKES!

edit on 28-4-2011 by xM0J0xJ0J0x because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by Tephra

Let's hope to God they don't decide to name such an object "Nemesis" That's just a horrible name for a companion star. While it may be appropriate it reeks of bad luck! lol

Agreed...something more appropriate like "Toldyaso"

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157

reply to post by Tephra

Let's hope to God they don't decide to name such an object "Nemesis" That's just a horrible name for a companion star. While it may be appropriate it reeks of bad luck! lol

Agreed...something more appropriate like "Toldyaso"

Maybe "Snideness", that's also good.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by xM0J0xJ0J0x

Utter rubbish; if comets can affect the Earth's crust, why don't they affect the Earth's tides? Think, please.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Actually the spring weather is normal...Every spring we have tornadoes..i live in the south end of Tornado Alley. This year is a bit more active, but that is because there is a very strong La Nina this year. When we have a strong El Nino we have drought here, strong La Nina we have bad storms.

I think everyone needs to relax. Their have been earthquakes since the begining of the world...there have been valcanic eruptions, there have been hurricanes,tornadoes, hail storms, cyclones. Nothing that is happening right now is NEW...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I swear...i WISH people would stop siting YouTube as a source. Look people....I do not know anything about pet grooming....but i could make a video and put it on you tube about how to shave a dog...and people would think i am an expert.

Just because someone post a video about Elenin, and earthquakes...does NOT make them experts. they want to be famous, or want to do EXACTLY what your helping them do, spread fear. For the love of all that is holy...Stop going to You TUBE......

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by xM0J0xJ0J0x
reply to post by DJW001

Astronomical Alignments Cause EARTHQUAKES!
That does explain things. At the end of the video he plugs some multi-level marketing scheme for silver. That explains a lot.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythos13

I swear...i WISH people would stop siting YouTube as a source. Look people....I do not know anything about pet grooming....but i could make a video and put it on you tube about how to shave a dog...and people would think i am an expert.

Just because someone post a video about Elenin, and earthquakes...does NOT make them experts. they want to be famous, or want to do EXACTLY what your helping them do, spread fear. For the love of all that is holy...Stop going to You TUBE......

Oh... come on.... whats so hard about shaving a dog?

Really??????

Just need a shaving kit!!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Look at the language in the article. See through the rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
reply to post by Razz123

Might want to change the title of your thread-

"Recently, WISE completed an extended mission, allowing it to finish a complete scan of the asteroid belt, and two complete scans of the more distant universe, in two infrared bands. So far, the mission's discoveries of previously unknown objects include an ultra-cold star or brown dwarf, 20 comets, 134 near-Earth objects (NEOs), and more than 33,000 asteroids in the main belt between Mars and Jupiter."

I think they're saying:
"Here's what WISE found:
1. A brown dwarf
2. 20 comets
3. 134 NEOs
4. 33,000 asteroids in the main belt between Mars and Jupiter.

Not that all of those things were found "between Mars and Jupiter.
I can see how one could interpret it that way though.
A good example of WHY proper grammar is so important.

i.e.
THE IMPORTANCE OF COMMAS:
'Let's eat, grandpa!'
versus
'Let's eat grandpa!'
lol

I recently posted a thread here on ATS with a video showing the new WISE photos- INCREDIBLE AND BREATHTAKING...
check it out-
The Beauty of PERSPECTIVE- Amazing new WISE photos/video
edit on 27-4-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

Here's the video I made:

edit on 27-4-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: ETA- vid embed

I like the part about 33,000 asteroids between Mars and Jupiter.
Lets go get the rare earth elements out there and create some jobs $$$ along the way.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Tephra

"Nemesis" will always be a bomb to me. A box office bomb, but a bomb nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yep that is what I am reading as well. It says a possible "planet" named Tyche in the Oort Cloud. You guys realize that is way past the outer reaches of the solar system right?

Then it goes on to talk about the objects within the asteroid belt.

Two different things, the OP is very misleading, Nasa is by no means saying that a Brown Dwarf is between Mars and Jupiter.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I love the posts where I say, "nuh uh," and then click off saying "I'll be darned."

Very interesting about the planet and the dwarf. Thanks.

It doesn't really seem like anything is headed towards us however. Glad for that.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Razz123

Hello there, I have just joined ATS.
Though I have been following many articles here, i found this brown dwarf thing more intriguing.
In Sanskrit, we have some stories, where the Sun God is said to have a Wife, whose name is 'Chaaya'. Chaaya means a 'Shadow'. This binary system concept with brown dwarf reminded me of this story as these two theories sound similar.

If that is the case, then there may be a link between Sun, Brown Dwarf and planet Saturn. In that sanskrit story/para, it is said that Saturn is born to Sun and Chaaya.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
OP you completely misread the NASA post.

It reads as followed:

"So far, the mission's discoveries of previously unknown objects include an ultra-cold star or brown dwarf, 20 comets, 134 near-Earth objects (NEOs), and more than 33,000 asteroids in the main belt between Mars and Jupiter. "

Can you please point out the part where it says the brown dwarf is located between Mars and Jupiter? No? That is because it does not say that at all.

What is does say is that on its mission it discovered over 33,000 asteroids in the belt between Mars and Jupiter...separated by a comma mind you from its discovery of a brown dwarf (which location the sentence does not state to be between Jupiter and Mars).

Fun article for space nerds...but it must be noted that the OP cannot translate English into English for jack diddly.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ramtheprince

What does Mercury mean in sanskrit if anything?

Just something I am curious about here and it's connection with Saturn as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join