It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA has Released Info on Brown Dwarf Star Between Jupiter and Mars

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by Razz123

Come on man, the title of this thread is fearmongering at its worst. Let's deny ignorance, not support it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
the brown dwarf they've spotted is over 18 light years away
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

not quite inbetween Mars and Jupiter.

And here's the image of it:

It's the bright green dot, center image.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Q: Why is the hypothesized object dubbed "Tyche," and why choose a Greek name when the names of other planets derive from Roman mythology?

A: In the 1980s, a different companion to the sun was hypothesized. That object, named for the Greek goddess "Nemesis," was proposed to explain periodic mass extinctions on the Earth. Nemesis would have followed a highly elliptical orbit, perturbing comets in the Oort Cloud roughly every 26 million years and sending a shower of comets toward the inner solar system. Some of these comets would have slammed into Earth, causing catastrophic results to life. Recent scientific analysis no longer supports the idea that extinctions on Earth happen at regular, repeating intervals.

Wow thats good stuff OP, thanks for posting. I wonder why they changed their minds about periodic extinctions from a "recent analysis" this could mean they had no new evidence at all but that they just decided to change their interpretation, but why I wonder? are they hiding something? I'd want to see actual evidence rather than a "new analysis" of the old evidence, which by the way has always pointed to regular, repeating extinctions.

For any human, or in fact any living creature, an ELE is a huge thing that you can't always just take someones word for (especially when they are a proven liar).

edit on 27-4-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Something tells me, the article is a play on words...as much as they're trying to hide the truth, it's slowly sipping through the cracks...

The elite's obviously don't have enough to cater for everyone, in the coming Solar Storm of 2012. Or is it a matter of depopulating the masses???
It seems to me, that some here are in favor of this idea of depopulating the masses, thus giving the notion that there is really nothing to worry about.

Those who are pretending nothings happening, need to wake up, these threats are very real.
People lives are being affected as we speak, and you think all is good.

Just get prepared, something may come your way soon.

Peace

edit on 27-4-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Hands up who didn't even bother to read the link supplied by the OP.

OP, you can put your hand up too.

Learn to comprehend and understand what you're reading please.

Makes you look less stupid.

I can't believe I am agreeing with you chad.
I will add to your ever growing list of stars. It only states what they found...not that all of these are heading towards Earth.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Yeah I think we could all agree that if something is going to happen, it would be imperative that it be kept a secret from the masses if their survival plans are to go ahead uninterrupted. If word got out, then the whole of civilization could come screaming to a halt, the economies would crash and industry would come to a stand still, and along with that...all of that their plans to survive.

If an ELE type event were to be occurring in the near future, I think it would be silly to underestimate just how much time, effort and money would be put into keeping it a secret. Certainly, they would make sure that a few lone internet researchers would have no way in hell of proving said event, perhaps they could even use well intentioned skeptics to their advantage?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hmm, I really can't accept the fact that this can be the so-called Planet X or Nibiru. I think that was all a myth and legend. Its crazy because in the article they reference a hypothesis of Tyche existing since the 1980s, I mean if there was an object as large as the Sun in our solar system, wouldn't it be visible by a common telescope? I know the Sumerians believed in the existence of Nibiru but who knows, Nibiru could let alone be the planet Jupiter, that's my guess though. I need to do more research.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

My thoughts exactly....

You don't need a scientist to tell anyone of what's going on around the world lately. It is plain right in their faces and yet they deny it.

Check out the death tolls of hurricane infested US lately, it's rising but the day....

And were still getting warnings, of yet some more life threatening events...

Peace to humanity...

edit on 27-4-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razz123
Check this out guys, I really dont know what to say but Nasa is making it kinda clear that there is something coming this way.

Two fails. It says nothing about it being between Jupiter and Mars and it makes nothing clear or even kinda clear something is coming.

Better off sticking to the Comet Elenin conspiracy for fear mongering because at least that is a verifyable object.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm sorry but you misread this article the brown Dwarf was not in our solar system that they discovered. You should definitely change the title if you could.

The objects that was discovered between Jupiter and Mars; were asteroids not a brown Dwarf

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It's not between Jupiter and Mars - learn basic reading comprehension.

I'm getting tired of the sensationalist thread titles, put there to generate fear, or get attention and stars/flags. Imo, those people should have their thread creation rights revoked for a period of time after posting such gibberish. It annoying to read something IN ALL CAPS WITH !!!!!!!!!!!!!! after the title. It's also annoying to read a blatant lie or massive twisting of a story, to get attention, which happens all the time. It reminds me of the worst advertising by the bottom-feeding scum in the advertising world, doing anything to make a sale. You should automatically have your thread revoked if you put more than one ! in the title. Seriously people.. learn how to not be a fear-mongering drama-queen.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Ok, ok. It was an honest mistake on the OP's part. And his status didn't sound very fear mongery to me. It's still an interesting bit of information and actually does include information on a hypothetical brown dwarf.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

edit on 27/4/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

What do you plan on doing if this thing decides to "visit"?

I dont think a bunker is much good for when planets smack each other.

we will finish the game.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Razz123

It says nothing of the sort, this topic title is not correct.

Recently, WISE completed an extended mission, allowing it to finish a complete scan of the asteroid belt, and two complete scans of the more distant universe, in two infrared bands. So far, the mission's discoveries of previously unknown objects include an ultra-cold star or brown dwarf, 20 comets, 134 near-Earth objects (NEOs), and more than 33,000 asteroids in the main belt between Mars and Jupiter.

The Brown dwarf were obviously found in the distant-universe. Brown Dwarfs are strong in infra-red light, and that is the instrument they used to scan the distant-universe. The thing that was found in the asteroid belt are 33,000 asteroids.

A Brown dwarf could not just chill between Mars and Jupiter.
It would be plainly visible from Earth as a large "star".

Also, since it's supposed to be roaming around the Asteroid belt, it would be capturing them all since it has about 10-70 times the mass and gravity of Jupiter. But the asteroid belt is still there and perfectly fine.

Go ahead and find out for yourself. Both planets are visible to the naked eye, so an object at least as large as Jupiter and glowing red would be very visible.

If you are in North America, Jupiter is that HUGE non-twinkling "star" in the Eastern to Southern skies.

FYI, stars twinkle. Solar system objects do not. (maybe it's just planets, but I don't think a brown dwarf would either)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kylioneXsushi
Ok, ok. It was an honest mistake on the OP's part. And his status didn't sound very fear mongery to me. It's still an interesting bit of information and actually does include information on a hypothetical brown dwarf.

I think you are naive. The part about "Nasa makes it kinda clear something is coming" is clear fear mongering. Throwing in dwarf star adds to the fuel and being both are clearly false is makes little sense this was just a mistake. Especially with all the dooms day threads around here about the end of the world from a dwarf star coming... Anyone with any common sense would know a dwarf star is much larger than Jupiter and there is no way in hell that would be hidden from plain sight.

or you are correct and the guy is just that ignorant.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well, I can't believe I read this entire thread--even the tripe. I really, really deplore fearmongering. Even more I deplore people who engage in it and then defend it to their last breath.

But what I find most deplorable of all is that there are so many... uh... uhhh... impressionable people who, even after having had the linked material broken down and explained to them in great detail, and then evidently having read it themselves, are still unable to comprehend and digest it and still refer to it as if it said what the original fearmonger claimed!

If I blame NASA for anything in this, it's that the statement was poorly edited and actually encouraged misinterpretation. I once had a writing teacher whose favorite axiom was: "The greatest sin in writing is ambiguity." It would be hard to find a better example than this NASA statement....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Come on, it is clearly stated in the article they believe that if Tyche is there, it is in the oort cloud, which is 50000 AU away. You need to read the article, and think about your title before you post. If there was a brown dwarf in between mars and jupiter it would wreak havoc on the asteroid belt and the orbits of jupiter, mars, earth, saturn and venus.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

It's ambiguous on purpose. That way they can say, we told you something was out there, but you did not believe us. Besides it covers their tracks with the debunkers who know everything, and will disprove until the big rock hits them in the head.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

No it's not ambiguous on purpose. It's just a poorly structured paragraph.

If you understand that Brown Dwarfs are infrared heavy, and you saw that they used an infrared scanner to detect the distant-universe objects, it becomes quite obvious.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join