It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA has Released Info on Brown Dwarf Star Between Jupiter and Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Check this out guys, I really dont know what to say but Nasa is making it kinda clear that there is something coming this way.

www.nasa.gov...
edit on 27/4/11 by masqua because: Replaced 'All Caps' in title

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread ?... Look Here First.
edit on Wed Apr 27 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Wow....I'm seeing it but my mind is dragging ass on complete acceptance.
That is interesting and I too don't know what to say about this other than.................................................................................................................................................. ..................................................................................................................................S&F
edit on 27-4-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Reply to post by Razz123

--So far, the mission's discoveries of previously unknown objects include an ultra-cold star or brown dwarf, 20 comets, 134 near-Earth objects (NEOs), and more than 33,000 asteroids in the main belt between Mars and Jupiter.--

Wow. Nice find.

I wonder what the Regulators and career debunkers have to say about this.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

It captured more than 2.7 million images of objects in space, ranging from faraway galaxies to asteroids and comets relatively close to Earth. Recently, WISE completed an extended mission, allowing it to finish a complete scan of the asteroid belt, and two complete scans of the more distant universe, in two infrared bands. So far, the mission's discoveries of previously unknown objects include an ultra-cold star or brown dwarf, 20 comets, 134 near-Earth objects (NEOs), and more than 33,000 asteroids in the main belt between Mars and Jupiter.

A: In the 1980s, a different companion to the sun was hypothesized. That object, named for the Greek goddess "Nemesis," was proposed to explain periodic mass extinctions on the Earth. Nemesis would have followed a highly elliptical orbit, perturbing comets in the Oort Cloud roughly every 26 million years and sending a shower of comets toward the inner solar system. Some of these comets would have slammed into Earth, causing catastrophic results to life. Recent scientific analysis no longer supports the idea that extinctions on Earth happen at regular, repeating intervals. Thus, the Nemesis hypothesis is no longer needed. However, it is still possible that the sun could have a distant, unseen companion in a more circular orbit with a period of a few million years -- one that would not cause devastating effects to terrestrial life. To distinguish this object from the malevolent "Nemesis," astronomers chose the name of Nemesis's benevolent sister in Greek mythology, "Tyche."

Nice find, so essentially they are admitting that there is a potentially extinction causing planet in our system, but they just decided it's of no threat anymore. Sounds like NASA to me

I love their science, we can barely even see it, but we already know it's orbit is of no threat? Genius.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Not sure that they are saying that something is coming our way but very interseting to read that is possibly another planet in our solar system.

How, with us reaching for the stars since the moon landing days (if they happened), have we not known about this?

They say it is because we have not been looking in the right direction and now they can see everything. Who knows what else they may find?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

Let's hope to God they don't decide to name such an object "Nemesis" That's just a horrible name for a companion star. While it may be appropriate it reeks of bad luck! lol

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Q: When could data from WISE confirm or rule out the existence of the hypothesized planet Tyche?

A: It is too early to know whether WISE data confirms or rules out a large object in the Oort cloud. Analysis over the next couple of years will be needed to determine if WISE has actually detected such a world or not. The first 14 weeks of data, being released in April 2011, are unlikely to be sufficient. The full survey, scheduled for release in March 2012, should provide greater insight. Once the WISE data are fully processed, released and analyzed, the Tyche hypothesis that Matese and Whitmire propose will be tested.

Loool March. THAT should be an interesting month.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Haha, I am about to go to school, but really nice find. Thanks for sharing, this will be on my mind for sure later!

You know, I was wondering.. maybe all the celebrities that are going crazy know about an Extinction Level Event that we don't know about. Like Nicolas Cage running through the street yelling at people, after trying to break into an old couples house. Or Charlie Sheen trolling the world.. Are they just living it up before the big bang?

Haha just a thought.. Star & Flag
edit on 04/18/11 by WillNiendick because: EDIT: For some reason I cannot star anyone.. WEIRD HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

+111 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Razz123

Might want to change the title of your thread-

"Recently, WISE completed an extended mission, allowing it to finish a complete scan of the asteroid belt, and two complete scans of the more distant universe, in two infrared bands. So far, the mission's discoveries of previously unknown objects include an ultra-cold star or brown dwarf, 20 comets, 134 near-Earth objects (NEOs), and more than 33,000 asteroids in the main belt between Mars and Jupiter."

I think they're saying:
"Here's what WISE found:
1. A brown dwarf
2. 20 comets
3. 134 NEOs
4. 33,000 asteroids in the main belt between Mars and Jupiter.

Not that all of those things were found "between Mars and Jupiter.
I can see how one could interpret it that way though.
A good example of WHY proper grammar is so important.

i.e.
THE IMPORTANCE OF COMMAS:
'Let's eat, grandpa!'
versus
'Let's eat grandpa!'
lol

I recently posted a thread here on ATS with a video showing the new WISE photos- INCREDIBLE AND BREATHTAKING...
check it out-
The Beauty of PERSPECTIVE- Amazing new WISE photos/video
edit on 27-4-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

Here's the video I made:

edit on 27-4-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: ETA- vid embed

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
erm WOW! Now things are going to get intresting

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Weird news if you ask me, I don't know why.

Seems like NASA is just doing tests for the LULZ now days. I think it will be cool to see something new for a change amusing it doesn't screw things up in anyway.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I think this is misunderstood. From my take, it says it has found 1 ultra-cold star or brown dwarf, AND more than 33,000 asteroids in the main belt between Mars and Jupiter. Not that the brown dwarf was found in there. They even state it looks far and wide, not just local.

"ranging from faraway galaxies to asteroids and comets relatively close to Earth"

"See above post from ltinycdancerg"
edit on 27-4-2011 by ProjectedLogic because: ltinycdancerg beat me to it!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectedLogic

Yep. It is. See my post above

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
theres so much evidence for something coming and its soon,

why are we being kept in the dark?

mass fear?

the comet/planet what ever they call it, is supposed to come past here every 12000 years
i just simply googled 12000 years ago theres so much disaster from space and alien and ufo visits documented, right from cave drawings to well even the sphinx was built 12000 years ago, i could be looking too much into it but..........hmmm i dont know

what was our race like 12000 years ago??

im usually not taken in by the comet conspiracy but now im not sure, worried infact

+48 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Hands up who didn't even bother to read the link supplied by the OP.

OP, you can put your hand up too.

Learn to comprehend and understand what you're reading please.

Makes you look less stupid.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectrumSeven

All you should be worried about is csat
, that's when the stuff really hits the fan.

Nasa are an interesting bunch of good lairs, and that's it. Truth be told we'll never know what's really going on until it gets to a point where its impossible to hide.

So until then, we'll just have to enjoy the ride

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Razz123

Utter bs this thread is, learn to read and use common sense! I bet you are intentionally trying to mislead the ignorant.

DENY IGNORANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

The full survey, scheduled for release in March 2012, should provide greater insight. Once the WISE data are fully processed, released and analyzed, the Tyche hypothesis that Matese and Whitmire propose will be tested.

So - are they just teasing us? - we won't know anything until Mar 2012!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by crashandburn

csat........thats scarier than anything lol

we all gunna die!

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
the brown dwarf they've spotted is over 18 light years away
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

not quite inbetween Mars and Jupiter.

new topics