It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images That Changed The World - *Warning Graphic*

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

So, what have you done to help the poor, suffering and ill people of Africa? Maybe you have a spot reserved next to this individual.

edit on 27-4-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Everyone is moved by these pictures, as normal humans with -souls- would be, but keep in mind, there are guys out there, politicians, conservative radio talk show hosts, corporate robber barons, etcetera, who would deign to probably make crass remarks and chortles, especially in private with friends, over cigars and liquer. I remember years ago, when Rush Limbaugh would run this song on his show making fun of homeless people, "I ain't got a home, no place to roam, oo oo ooa.." And I was homeless at the time I listened to that. Another time, I listened to Sean Hannity and (I think it was Niel Bortz) laughing it up about the idea of flinging cats out of a high airplane. I'm telling you right now, there are humanoids out there, more cold blooded than the most reptilian of predatory reptiles. Like a paralel -specie- of human alongside of you. We need to not hero worship with blinding stars in the eyes, off hand, toward those who are unusually confident and charismatic.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Why dont you take some time to pay him a visit in hell yourself ?

Sound to be a good idea , fit your judgemental concepts very well it seem

edit on 27-4-2011 by Conciliatore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
These are very powerful glimpses of human history. Thank you for posting them. Some I have seen, some were new to me. All are appreciated.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
You realize this is plagiarism right? You can't just copy and paste someone elses writings into your posts.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

This may sound morbid, but my favorite picture is the Monk who killed himself. So disciplined...and he sat there and took it all...I cannot imagine the pain he went through, and the looks of himself, he didn't feel the pain.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

This changed the world the most!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

You sir, are correct!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
No, those images did nothing to change the world.

Raising awareness did not change the world, it merely altered the awareness of some individuals.

Those image's may of even made things worse.

Michael Kerr (wrote screenplay for Full Metal Jacket) who was in 'Nam stated on an interview the intense media coverage actually prolonged the war (Vietnam)...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Bless you all for getting this to the front page for everyone to see. It is nice that ATS members think alike and actually care about this planet and its people. Thank You.

edit on 28-4-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Whether or not they changed the world for everyone, they changed the world for some, and even one persons new perspective changes things. They see new things, think new things, and open their minds to a different possibility. Changing our perceptions is a good thing, something to be encouraged. And for the masses, a lot of this stuff that happens wouldn't even be known about by them if it wasn't photographed or shown by media. Our world is what it is.. humans make it that way, and showing what we do to ourselves may change it just a little for the better. Even though it is painful, shocking, horrifying.. at least we have the guts to open our eyes and see what we make of ourselves, and how we could maybe.. just maybe.. do better for those we don't know. A little hope goes a long way .

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
in the next to the last photo........why is the camera man not helping this kid? Why is he standing there taking a picture?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
in the next to the last photo........why is the camera man not helping this kid? Why is he standing there taking a picture?

Here's what is site says:www.bspcn.com...

Nobody knows what happened to the child, who crawled his way to a United Nations food camp. Photographer Kevin Carter won a Pulitzer Prize for this shocking picture, but he eventually committed suicide three months after he took the shot.

Sad on both ends, figured he couldn't help the child, it haunted him so much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join