It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Suvey: Are You Looking Forward Towards The Royal Wedding?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I am! If we had politicians like we do today back in the medieval days, their indecisive actions would've lead us to have been conquered by the Spanish and the French...and for keeping Britain British, I am going to honour them

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Couldn't give a monkeys.
I even turned down a seamstress apprenticeship at Windsor castle when I was 16 - THAT'S how much I give a toss for the royals.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin

speak for yourself you complete moron

One of the peasants...

edit on 27-4-2011 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
WHO ARE THEY ANYWAY ?

Perhaps they’re the reincarnations of King Arthur and Lady Guinevere come to save England in its darkest hour ! Considering every time these people make a public appearance they’re in ever more fanciful fancy dress,I would really like to know . Sometimes you can see him in the garb of an Admiral with a chest full of medals, at other times he might turn up dressed as some other high ranking, highly decorated warrior of the realm.( Of course, we all know what his brother’s favourite uniform looks like ! ) She on the other hand sports the big round hats !

April 29 is the 119th day of the year and the 66th anniversary of Hitler and Eva Braun’ tying the knot. And yes, this auspicious day of all days.is the day William Arthur Philip Windsor and Kate Middleton are getting wed LOL.

He is from the richest family on this planet. It’s estimated they own 6.6 percent of said planet. So, it is only right and proper that when this bloke gets married we should just drop everything we’re doing, pick up our Union Jacks and fawn around the Mail like the bunch of mindless morons we truly are, or is it ?

What exactly is going on here? Why do apparently normal sane adults lose the power of objective reason and worship this “ROYALTY” when even the smallest amount of critical thinking should shatter this illusion, just like Inspector Clueso might shatter an expensive vase while dusting it for finger prints. Of course, there’s the constant brain washing oozing from our TV sets, banging on, especially now, about how bloody marvellous the royal family are. But, there has to be more to it ?. After all, history proves these families are psychopathic lunatics. Maybe some kind of hypnotic magical glamour spell has been cast over this country and indeed the whole world. Who knows ?

edit on 27-4-2011 by crowkey because: Copied post from blog I'd written and incuded blog info unintenionally ABCtails

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I kept shaking my head at why Americans would welcome British royalty, it made absolutely no sense at all.

i suppose america been made up of a country of immigrants with a vast number from British heritage has something to do with it ..also adopting the English language as your own ties the two nations together ....you often find that its not the country you are born in but where your heritage lies that pulls on the heart strings /plus the positive media coverage on the royal wedding add's to foreign interest good or bad..hence this thread

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

Everyday people get married, marriage is merely a slip that defines, You are guaranteed a separation/divorce in the future. I think marriage ruins a relationship because one side of the relationship usually feels a controling factor after theri vows. Personally as for Royalty. I dont believe the word royal gives a person a beeter blood, lol queen prince, its funny that they bow their heads to their royal family. lol why? we are all human. so i suppose you realize my answer is a "BIG FAT NOOOOO". Im actually sick to death of seeing and hearing about this 30 million dollar wedding. Think how many poor needy families could be assisted with 30 million dollars...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I wonder if Kate Middleton has any idea what she's getting herself into...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Yes cant wait. I love William and Kate, will be watching it all and only this morning wished I could be there in person.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
How may threads do we need asking us about if we agree or if we like or what we will be doing or how we will be watching this fiasco. OP needs to find a nice gossipy site to talk about this stuff on. Or maybe the mods can make a National Enquirer/ Oprah -esque section for those that just cant leave this useless stuff alone. GAH!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

you beat me to it

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
So NO, I could care less about "Chahlzz and Kate Miniwaist".

My dear fellow... it's COULD'NT care less - not could care less.

I kept shaking my head at why Americans would welcome British royalty, it made absolutely no sense at all.

Perhaps it's because you Americans still subconsciously enjoy being lorded over by superior personages?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am going to watch it while i get ready to go see the launch at the space center.

I think their story is a really sweet love story. I have always been a hopeless romantic so a girl finding her love and marrying a prince, well that has fairy tale all over it and I like fairy tales

I want to see the dress and everything else. I was 3 when Diana was married. My mom said we watched it with her.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm not going to watch it. I did;however, watch when Dianna and Charles married. Dianna was everyone's princess. There will never be another like her. BTW, I am American.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I actually feel a little sorry for Kate Middleton. She is now no. 1 target for all paparrazi in the world, her every move now will be focused on, every outfit analyised, every weight gain or loss made public knowledge. This will now continue to her dying day. I hope she knows what she's getting into.

The whole thing is all a bit weird in my opinion. The whole notion of royalty is an ancient concept and I struggle to support the idea. I'll be glad when its all over.

edit on 27-4-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

One thing you said I agree with, and that is "The whole thing is all a bit weird"

As for the rest, she was born with a silver spoon up her royal bottom, and will continue to have flowers thrown at her, the best clothes and food that money can buy, the very best standards of living, and plenty of holidays to remote exotic locations to 'get away from it all' when they feel the need, so somehow, I think she'll be OK

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yep, really looking forward to it.......
Being over!!!
I don't watch much television, but I'm sick of every time I do turn it on, that's all you see.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I feel sorry for her, the royals don't do very well with the ladies marrying in. They tend to chew them up and spit them out.

She seems nice enough, but I'm not gonna shut my shops for two strangers wedding.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Looking forward to a Royal wedding??? Me???

Yawn...
Second line... Still Yawning... Wake me when it's over

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It will be difficult to avoid. The media has a lot invested and will ensure we're all forced to see at least some of it

It's a travesty, imo. William is the heir apparent, one place removed. And as few would welcome adulterer Charles as King, it appears at the moment as if William will wear the crown, if the monarchy is to continue

That being the case -- and as inherent within the role is that of head of the Anglican church -- it's to be wondered why the royal family has accepted as wife for the future king a woman of mixed race, one moreover, who was only recently confirmed in the Anglican faith ?

To compound the mockery, it's been announced that elements of Judaism are to be included in the marriage ceremony !

What a shame that the most truly British member of the royal family -- Prince Harry -- was not the first born

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

I'm curious. I'm not all excited, but it is a big event so if it's televised (will it be?) I will probably check it out. I love weddings and this is a HUGE ordeal for some of the people in Britain.

I loved Diana's wedding, and watched it and kept track of her... I was crushed by her death. This will be a happy event and so I guess I'm mildly looking forward to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join