It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PlayStation hacker took user info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Sony has warned users of its PlayStation Network that their personal information, including credit card details, may have been stolen.

The company said that the data might have fallen into the hands of an "unauthorised person" following a hacking attack on its online service.

Access to the network was suspended last Wednesday, but Sony has only now revealed details of what happened.

Users are being warned to look out for attempted telephone and e-mail scams.

In a statement posted on the official PlayStation blog, Nick Caplin, the company's head of communications for Europe, said: "We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network".

The blog posting lists the personal information that Sony believes has been taken.

Name
Address (city, state/province, zip or postal code)
Country
E-mail address
Date of birth
PlayStation Network/Qriocity passwords and login
Handle/PSN online ID
Mr Caplin added: "It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained.

"For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information."

Full Story

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Someone beat ya to it. Their is a thread on this under Breaking alternative news. It has alot of info from posters in it as well.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
Someone beat ya to it. Their is a thread on this under Breaking alternative news. It has alot of info from posters in it as well.

Damn search!
Sorry, please delete if needed

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

Here's the other thread if you wanna check it out.
Sony Hacker Thread

Add any info you can, we all wanna know. I for one don't want my info being used by some hacker.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
reply to post by Alpal

Here's the other thread if you wanna check it out.
Sony Hacker Thread

Add any info you can, we all wanna know. I for one don't want my info being used by some hacker.

Cheers, yeah me too -_- hope they can fix this ASAP (if they can fix it that is)

new topics

top topics

join