It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Strange Way of Finding Something.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
So I am sure you have all experienced this before.

Let me start with an anecdote:

Today, I was looking for a piece of paper which had some notes on it that I needed. So I started my search through my desk drawers etc...

What do I find? I find the sketchbook I had been looking for a few days prior!!!

Have you ever experienced this phenomenon? Where you are searching for one thing, and then you end up finding something else you were looking for a few days/weeks/years back. I love it.

I find it to be a rather fun little thing that happens in life from time to time. It always puts a smile on my face.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Having PTSD and can't remember anything....

... I rely extensively on this phenomenon.

I've had to learn patience and keep a list of things I'm looking for, and sure enough... it works!

link   
Yea, it's happened to me before. I guess I can see why it makes you so happy. Personally I'd be much more happier finding it in the -first- place, but I guess finding it period is OK.

link   
I was looking for a schoolbook i misplaced the other day and set my wallet down while I was looking for it. I found the book but in my rush for my book I forgot where I had put my wallet.

As I was already late I had no money for school

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I sort of do this, but it's more with trying to remember the name of a person/place/thing and not being able to.

Then a day later I will be doing something entirely different and it pops in to my head unannounced.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The power of the subconscious mind is incredible.

Of course, as powerful as it is, it in no way overrides the god-like power of Gremlinism.

Anyone who has children knows what Gremlins are, and they literally have the power to make things disappear forever!

JR

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
When you are looking for something...repeat the word REACH over and over......it always works for me

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Have you heard of Menehune?

They are small human creatures that are mischievous, and they like to take things.

Whenever I am missing something that I know I left in a specific spot, I just say "Menehune, can you please return my item to me?"

Then I will see said object placed nicely on a table or something.

I think all cultures have folklore regarding these little folk.

new topics

top topics

join