It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope John Paul's blood to go on display at Vatican

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I saw a programme once about saints relics and stuff in churches around the world.

One had a phial filled with almost solid blood, but when turned or shaken it progressively became more runny and took on the proper viscosity of blood. This was deemed a miracle of a saint.

The programme went on to theory it was a chemical property inside the phial that kept the 'blood' solid but when shaken became liquid. I can't remember the technical term.

I wonder if they're are going through a process of sainthood.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

Has that video been edited? Nobody looks that evil!

I've never, ever seen a person look that bad.

Guy needs to lay off the late night rituals.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

I'm talking to the "Catholics aren't Christians" crew. They make no distinction between worshiping something and venerating something.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

Has that video been edited? Nobody looks that evil!

I've never, ever seen a person look that bad.

Guy needs to lay off the late night rituals.

I agree. If this is not edited then what are we allowing to happen. The Devil in the Vatican

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Yes, that is exactly what is going on. Glad you understand.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
When I see an image of any pope, I see only a man, a mere mortal dressed in a white frock and revered by followers as if he were a god.

The pope must have one hell of a huge ego to think himself supremely worthy of being idolised in this way.

Even if it were free, I wouldn't go out of my way just to view a vial of human blood mixed with chemicals preventng it turning into a big scab.

I have no doubt that plenty of people will pay good money to go see it though

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I'm sure there are many ways of explaining this as not as weird as it seems. We often visit graves of loved ones or even soldiers to pay respect, admire, and venerate their lives and what they meant to us. So if this is the same kind of thing then maybe it's weird to me...but it could at least be explained.

However...if they think that they are going to get some special kind of Grace from God for venerating a vial of blood then they are some of the most ridiculous people on the face of the earth and God is puking on their idolatrous acts and I am puking with him!!
edit on 27-4-2011 by Gibbon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Oh come on now, this is normal. It's what they do...
I'm surprised they haven't got his hand bones on display as relics. The Catholics like lobbing the hands off their VIP dead so they do.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Maybe this will help people understand - With his beatification, the church is proposing not a model pope but a model Christian, one who witnessed inner holiness in the real world, and who, through words and example, challenged people to believe, to hope and to love.
If you're interested, you can read the full article here - www.americancatholic.org...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join