It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush killing US financially - heading for $8 trillion debt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
look i realize that the economy is doing poorly, but you must understand that in life thier must be a balance, life and death, black and white, ying and yang, war and peace. This is an inherited recession from previous adminstrations, and too the current administration has alot to be blamed for, but the economy will go up again and after that fall. when we leave this recession we will be stronger.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by qwzxas
look i realize that the economy is doing poorly, but you must understand that in life thier must be a balance, life and death, black and white, ying and yang, war and peace. This is an inherited recession from previous adminstrations, and too the current administration has alot to be blamed for, but the economy will go up again and after that fall. when we leave this recession we will be stronger.

This wasn't actually about the economy itself but the US National Debt.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason

We don't need that. A significantly smaller Federal Government without all the massive regulation bureaus would result in far less off budget spending and thus far less debt, and the debt backs our dollar but we do not need so much of it.

So we can have states with massive regulation bureaus instead?

A strong Federal government means a place where "people can come together" and "no one gets left behind". One place with one rule that oversees all.

I have trouble with giving the states more rights. It removes unity and unties people from a "national sense". It becomes "Kansas the Beautiful" instead of "America the Beautiful".

One government for one great country. State divisions are fine, but giving them more power splits things up... I mean, there's already enough division as it is.

In some states it's legal to do that, but in others it's not. That's stupid... how can you keep track? Ignorace of the law isn't an excuse, but with all these damn laws that change from state to state, it really should be!

... anyway, I'm getting off the point here ...

I think our money should flow to one place so that they can decide where to spend it and figure out which state needs it more.

For example (and these numbers will be WAY OFF, but think abstractly), California brings in 1.3b at the end of the year, but TX brings in 2.8b. We had an energy crisis in CA (granted created by greedy individuals, but ignore that part for now)... we needed the money more than TX because they were fine... but we can't use it because that's income from STATE TAX... wouldn't it be easier to do it otherwise?

(Again, the above scenario is really lame and the numbers are way off... but it's an EXAMPLE that gets my point across... I hope)

Anyway, my 0.02.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by qwzxas

- That's an interesting stance to take there qwzxas.

So after the biggest unearned blow-out and borrowing spree (dressed up as conservatism, naturally) the world has ever seen you're just kind of relaxed and easy that it'll be your kids and grandkids and great grandkids that have to face the consequences?

The 'balance' will be natural and come, what, easy and kind?!

Wow, that's some breath-takingly callous outlook guy!

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by netbound
Amazing, isn't it? How could such an idiot enjoy so much support? Is the average American this stupid?

What a shame. I'm embarassed to admit my nationality anymore. What a cryin' shame ...

He gets so much support because Kerry is an even bigger idiot.
If you are embarassed to be an American, then leave the country.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well Bush's last hope of Wall Street holding up into the election took a turn for the worse yesterday as the shockingly bad jobs numbers were released. The Dow Jones is now well below 10,000 and the bottom is not in sight yet. Fed Reserve chairman Greenspan is now in the very unenviable position of having to raise interest rates after keeping them too low for too long even tho the economy is in a very precarious position.

Whoever gets elected is going to have an extremely difficult time managing the US economy from now on. The cheap money has all been spent by the government and the consumer yet the economy is still struggling to keep its neck above water. The number one priority has to be the US economy now which is a much greater threat than terrorism to the future of this country. There is no room for error now at any stage or we could see the housing bubble burst and the US and world economy very quickly back in recession and probably depression as there is very little room to cut interest rates at all.

I don't care who gets elected now but they damn sure need to stop this tom foolery in Iraq and start spending every dollar where it is needed. Greenspans warning to Bush to cut government spending has fallen on deaf ears for the past 2 years and now the government has no access to cheap money to stimulate the economy at this critical time. If we continue to get poor personal spending data and can't create more than 100k jobs per month over the next 3-4 months it will be time to sell all your US assets and buy euros.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawk

Originally posted by FreeMason

We don't need that. A significantly smaller Federal Government without all the massive regulation bureaus would result in far less off budget spending and thus far less debt, and the debt backs our dollar but we do not need so much of it.

So we can have states with massive regulation bureaus instead?

A strong Federal government means a place where "people can come together" and "no one gets left behind". One place with one rule that oversees all.

I have trouble with giving the states more rights. It removes unity and unties people from a "national sense". It becomes "Kansas the Beautiful" instead of "America the Beautiful".

One government for one great country. State divisions are fine, but giving them more power splits things up... I mean, there's already enough division as it is.

In some states it's legal to do that, but in others it's not. That's stupid... how can you keep track? Ignorace of the law isn't an excuse, but with all these damn laws that change from state to state, it really should be!

... anyway, I'm getting off the point here ...

I think our money should flow to one place so that they can decide where to spend it and figure out which state needs it more.

For example (and these numbers will be WAY OFF, but think abstractly), California brings in 1.3b at the end of the year, but TX brings in 2.8b. We had an energy crisis in CA (granted created by greedy individuals, but ignore that part for now)... we needed the money more than TX because they were fine... but we can't use it because that's income from STATE TAX... wouldn't it be easier to do it otherwise?

(Again, the above scenario is really lame and the numbers are way off... but it's an EXAMPLE that gets my point across... I hope)

Anyway, my 0.02.

Most state and federal offices are already duplicated.

The Founding Fathers deliberately created both federal and state governments as a means of balance in the government. States' rights are essential to ensuring the government doesn't get too powerful. They realized that a power monopoly always breeds corruption and tyranny.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Amazing, isn't it? How could such an idiot enjoy so much support? Is the average American this stupid?

What a shame. I'm embarassed to admit my nationality anymore. What a cryin' shame ...

God, this was in 2004, were in 2005, june, no heading into july for god sakes. I wonder how high it has gone now? Actually they are netbound, if hitler did run for president, we would definately elect them. But we forget that the rich do rule this country, and whatever the rich say, the poor have to follow. So i guess in a way the average american citizen isn't stupid, per se, he's just following people who he thinks is doing good for the country. Sadly, it's hard to show the public, and show them it's not all that peachy keen. And we still barely have any jobs, please let it not be like this for the next 3 years. Well i guess we have changed a little, if you complained about bush a few years ago some one would punch you (literally), lately more people will understand were your coming from
. I'm sorry, but in all honesty, what is it all for?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Bush is more obvious than most. But there are others pulling the financial strings. All countries (except the Isle of Guernsey) suffer the same plight. Control of the nation's money supply has been privatized.

Debts will never, ever be paid off until we see some Monetary Reform of the fractional reserve banking system - the biggest scam of all time. As long as private bankers are controlling our money, and governments borrow money at interest instead of coining and printing their own, this is our lot in life.

See my signature...its become my passion!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurdueNuc
don et. al.:

You want to help reduce the publically-held debt?

1. Make check payable to the "Bureau of the Public Debt"
2. In the memo section of the check, make sure you write "Gift to reduce the Debt Held by the Public "
3. Mail check to -

If you believe this, then I have some beach-front property for you in Arizona, sorry to say. The debt is never reduced, only increased because that's the way the banking cartels like it. Any money that is paid is to the deficit - the interest on the debt. Friends, keep your money in your pocket - enough of your tax dollars go to debt servicing already...much more than goes to programs to make the lives of you and yours better.

And never forget...war is good for bu$ine$$.

See my signature...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join