It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tension mounts between Obama and Abbas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Tension mounts between Obama and Abbas

israeltoday.co.il

Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas gave a sharp slap in the face to US President Barack Obama in a Newsweek interview published at the weekend.
In the interview, Abbas accused Obama of leading him on when it came to the Israeli-Palestinian peace process. He said Obama has not kept his word to pressure Israel to stop letting Jews build in Judea and Samaria.
"It was Obama who suggested a full [Israeli] settlement freeze," said Abbas. "I said OK, I accept. We both went up the tree. After that [Obama] came down with a ladder and he removed the ladder and told me to jump."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Wow,this isn't going to go to good with Mr.OBAMA,since he has been pushing ISRAEL,to give land up. I,wonder what will happen now,with USA,ISRAEL,AND ABBAS,on the pa state.I,am afraid,there could be war,with all the arrest in the middle east.We will have to watch this story and see where it goes. The UNITED NATIONS,AREN'T GOING TO LIKE THIS.They want a 2 state,and Israel don't. I,hope we stand with Israel. With all the other countries fighting to,where USA stand in this whole MIDDLE EAST MESS? I,didn't think ABBAS would ever get mad at MR.OBAMA.So,what is going on in our President mind? I,wonder why he is doing this,is it because of election coming up in 2012?

israeltoday.co.il
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I LOVE the tree metaphor!

It's exactly the same thing Obama did to the US!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

Sounds like more arab rhetoric. They are the first to hurl accusations and the last to accept blame for anything. They are the type to crank everyone up and when it gets real wants to ask what is wrong. Personally I will be glad when the US takes their toys and go home because no one wants to play nice.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

You're kidding right?
Angering the people that the israelis have been trying to wipe out for decades now, and times before by other names.
This will boost BarryO's approval rating with the Blind book people.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Why don't Israel want a 2 state solution?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Here is the solution:

IGNORE ABBASS. Let him jump off the tree and land in israeli arms.....

And who cares about the UN? They are not capable of solving anything!

Mr. Obama, how much lying is necessary to become president? Are you born an expert lier or does it take training? I always get caught when I lie with a straight face because my face turns slightly orange..damm

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Because Israel is too small and arabs control 95% of the middle east as it is. Why give arabs 98%?

Israel is too cunning for its own good and it will bite them in the rear end before its all said and done. When you have a territorial problem, you solve it militarily with force, not peacefully with hollow promises and treachery.

Israel could have gotten all of "palestine"(technically israel) during the seven day war of the 60s or they could have granted some arab palestinians citizenship and sent the rest packing to some arab nations. Pay their expenses and let them go....

Bad, bad, bad israel....

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Because if there is "peace" then there is no reason for the"Arabs" to be disunited over Palestinian policy.

At the moment the US can hold out $$'s to various govt's, miltary aid, etc., and it all helps keep the opposition to Israel divided.

Also the Arabs do not particularly want peace.

When Israel was formed the Arab states deliberately refused to assimilate arab refugees from Palestine. isrAel, however, did assimilate a simlar number of Jewish refugees from Islamic states (more or less - many went to Europe & the USA too) - there was about 700-800,000 people moving in each direction from 1948-1960-ish.

the Arab policy was that assimilating the refugees would give implicit recognition to Israel's right to exist. So they kept them segregated in camps in furtherance of that policy.

A peace with Israel will mean they have to acknowldege Israel. Some don'e mind.....many aer still violently opposed.

top topics

join