It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saboteurs blow up Egypt North Sinai pipeline that supplies gas to Israel and Jordan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Saboteurs blow up Egypt North Sinai pipeline that supplies gas to Israel and Jordan

www.haaretz.com

# 06:18
Saboteurs blow up Egypt North Sinai pipeline that supplies gas to Israel and Jordan (Reuters)
(visit the link for the full news article)

Explosion rocks Egypt gas terminal near Israel

Explosion rocks Egypt gas terminal near Israel

Egyptian security officials say an explosion at a gas terminal near Egypt's border with Israel has sent flames shooting into the air and forced the shutdown of the pipeline.

edit on 26-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Just on the Haaretz ticker...

This is breaking news... but it seems it's the same pipeline that was targeted back in February during the Egyptian revolution.

Israel needs that gas...40% of Israel need in gas comes from that pipeline...

Was this a false-flag from Egypt to stop giving gas to Israel? Or what? Will Israel send troops in Egyptian territory to protect the pipeline? What?

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Could have been done by some of those in Egypt that don't want to maintain ties with Israel.

Mostly, the protection of the Sinai corridor was upheld by Mubarak, but with him gone...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Or a false flag by Israel for a reason to invade the Sinai? hmm??? Israel is known for those you know.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Why are they calling them "Saboteurs" and not "terrorists?"

edit on 27-4-2011 by tooo many pills because: are

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
Why they calling them "Saboteurs" and not "terrorists?"

Simple, that is not an American news source.

How could you tell the difference anyway? I was extremely proud of myself when I beat up some Ninjas last night. I was pretty disappointed when the police informed me at booking they were actually muslim women.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I wonder if this could be Egypt retaliating to the cyber attacks allegedly launched by Israel on Iran? Long shot, but maybe...

Either way, recent military action has been all about resources (isn't that the point, historically?) so I expect some military action to heat up.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Most Egyptians could give a rats ass about Iran. The Muslim Brotherhood would do this though and stop it from getting to Israel. The Egyptian army is pretty west leaning so I would not be to worried.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan
I wonder if this could be Egypt retaliating to the cyber attacks allegedly launched by Israel on Iran? Long shot, but maybe...

Either way, recent military action has been all about resources (isn't that the point, historically?) so I expect some military action to heat up.

Yep, it's one big game of Age of Empires (modern edition).

And, as usual, it's the villagers and soldiers who get killed.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
We can't accuse anyone until there are more details about what happened. I seriously doubt this was a false flag. Israel needs this gas, I doubt they would risk doing this in order to place a few troops to guard a pipeline, this is more than likely some small group within Egypt wanting to make a statement that they don't want to do business with Israel.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Hahaha, classic!

True, Reuters is U.K., but they normally would call them terrorists, wouldn't they?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Maybe some in Egypt have learn that Egypt is practically giving the gas to Israel and figure enough's enough..

Sell the gas to someone that's prepared to pay market price and start helping the Egyptian people.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Probably true, but blowing up the pipeline military-style isn't the correct way to accomplish it.

top topics

join